Couple miscellaneous recruiting tidbits

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Look for the staff to utilize on-campus basketball games very heavily for the rest of the season. We saw the previous staff do this somewhat, but I've heard that it will be something that they really use to their advantage because they want to get guys on campus as much as possible whenever they can. They will probably invite kids for every home game this season.

Gilbert Frierson, D.J. Ivey, and Josh Jobe are all expected at tomorrow's game against Notre Dame.

Canes coaches have three private jets at their disposal over the next three weeks as the recruiting wars intensify. I'm trying to see how many they had available for the previous staff, but I think it was less than three.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'll never forget when word got out that the UT boosters stop letting Dooley's staff use their planes. Hahaha.

Look for the staff to utilize on-campus basketball games very heavily for the rest of the season. We saw the previous staff do this somewhat, but I've heard that it will be something that they really use to their advantage because they want to get guys on campus as much as possible whenever they can. They will probably invite kids for every home game this season.

Gilbert Frierson, D.J. Ivey, and Josh Jose are all expected at tomorrow's game against Notre Dame.

Canes coaches have three private jets at their disposal over the next three weeks as the recruiting wars intensify. I'm trying to see how many they had available for the previous staff, but I think it was less than three.

Uno

Advertisement
5413434306086162_e6a1cd39024c469d42970f38a22fead9ab382502cb2f2515a2bfea4e0f578549_large

Gilbert Frierson, D.J. Ivey, and Josh Jose are all expected at tomorrow's game against Notre Dame.

Uno

He right, looked just like this.

IMG_1611.jpg

I definitely remember last staff bringing the players to BBall games. That definitely stopped once we started calling for Golden an Co's head at basketball game (which I think wherera can attest to).
But for example in that season we were ranked 2nd in the nation they used to bring top receuits to the games which would be packed aand show them on the scoreboard and have them stand up to a **** load of cheering and name-chants. Definitely a good recruiting tactic for schools that have great basketball teams...that Duke home game was probably the best sporting contest ive been too. and being a recruit at the game would have for sure made me want to be a Hurricane.

Advertisement
We need to finish strong with a surprise stud or two. A couple of quality WR's and someone (even if it's a Juco transfer) that can play LT would make me feel ALOT better about this class.

I definitely remember last staff bringing the players to BBall games. That definitely stopped once we started calling for Golden an Co's head at basketball game (which I think wherera can attest to).
But for example in that season we were ranked 2nd in the nation they used to bring top receuits to the games which would be packed aand show them on the scoreboard and have them stand up to a **** load of cheering and name-chants. Definitely a good recruiting tactic for schools that have great basketball teams...that Duke home game was probably the best sporting contest ive been too. and being a recruit at the game would have for sure made me want to be a Hurricane.

Believe Alex Collins was at that game. Boy should've stayed home!

Matthew Thomas as well.

If only it wasn't a rebuilding year for coach L so they would enjoy themselves in more of an electric environment with the students.

Advertisement

Matthew Thomas as well.

Yeah I remember those guys being at a game, couldnt recall which one. Cant remember which game DWade, Kobe, Irvin, etc all went to either. But as a recruit if your at those guys and you see them there you gotta be thinking Miami is the place to be.

funny, I believe I saw where tennessee had their early enrollees at their bball game last night and had them introduced at halfcourt. wonder if the canes will do something similar

funny, I believe I saw where tennessee had their early enrollees at their bball game last night and had them introduced at halfcourt. wonder if the canes will do something similar

My sons and I attended a UM-SU basketball game a few years ago and they announced Yearby and a couple of other recruits at some time during the game.

Advertisement
Well coach Searels needs to get his hillbilly *** on the plane an go get UM two more quality linemen for the 2017 class. First stop needs to be Massillon, Oh to see Thayer Munford.

Then on the return trip swing by east Louis to see thomas just because, the more coaches to show love the better.

An also make a few stops in Georgia to Z. Hillery and also make a run at Caleb Chandler.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back