Couple miscellaneous recruiting tidbits

Advertisement
funny, I believe I saw where tennessee had their early enrollees at their bball game last night and had them introduced at halfcourt. wonder if the canes will do something similar

I think we do that too, but EEs dont need to be recruited anymore. It would be much different bringing a recruit down to center stage and getting all the attention. It would surely stand out.

I definitely remember last staff bringing the players to BBall games. That definitely stopped once we started calling for Golden an Co's head at basketball game (which I think wherera can attest to).
But for example in that season we were ranked 2nd in the nation they used to bring top receuits to the games which would be packed aand show them on the scoreboard and have them stand up to a **** load of cheering and name-chants. Definitely a good recruiting tactic for schools that have great basketball teams...that Duke home game was probably the best sporting contest ive been too. and being a recruit at the game would have for sure made me want to be a Hurricane.

Put some respeck on my name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely remember last staff bringing the players to BBall games. That definitely stopped once we started calling for Golden an Co's head at basketball game (which I think wherera can attest to).
But for example in that season we were ranked 2nd in the nation they used to bring top receuits to the games which would be packed aand show them on the scoreboard and have them stand up to a **** load of cheering and name-chants. Definitely a good recruiting tactic for schools that have great basketball teams...that Duke home game was probably the best sporting contest ive been too. and being a recruit at the game would have for sure made me want to be a Hurricane.

Believe Alex Collins was at that game. Boy should've stayed home!

Matthew Thomas as well.

I remember goi all out that game. [MENTION=5786]dfagundo[/MENTION] and I had a Matthew Thomas sign and we sat in the student section directly across from him and had it up most of the game. We thought we were making a difference.

Advertisement
Look for the staff to utilize on-campus basketball games very heavily for the rest of the season. We saw the previous staff do this somewhat, but I've heard that it will be something that they really use to their advantage because they want to get guys on campus as much as possible whenever they can. They will probably invite kids for every home game this season.

Gilbert Frierson, D.J. Ivey, and Josh Jobe are all expected at tomorrow's game against Notre Dame.

Canes coaches have three private jets at their disposal over the next three weeks as the recruiting wars intensify. I'm trying to see how many they had available for the previous staff, but I think it was less than three.

Tail #s

Put some respeck on my name.

LOL... I caught that. You deserve better, wherrera ocho

I remember Collins being at the Duke ggame and i swore he was coming

him and Terry Richardson were inseparable.. I still believe to this day that once Richardson left we lost Collins

Rich left after NSD literally I think a week later because I remember saying his last god deed was closing Coley. Collins had a lot if bull**** in his recruitment that killed us

Advertisement

helped for alex collins

Makes sense. Coach JL has completely changed the atmosphere of UM basketball games. It is now an advantage and helps push back against the negative recruiting that UM isn't a "real" college experience.

Look for the staff to utilize on-campus basketball games very heavily for the rest of the season. We saw the previous staff do this somewhat, but I've heard that it will be something that they really use to their advantage because they want to get guys on campus as much as possible whenever they can. They will probably invite kids for every home game this season.

Gilbert Frierson, D.J. Ivey, and Josh Jose are all expected at tomorrow's game against Notre Dame.

Canes coaches have three private jets at their disposal over the next three weeks as the recruiting wars intensify. I'm trying to see how many they had available for the previous staff, but I think it was less than three.

Uno

That's even more than Randy had, no?

I think all schools take recruits to basketball games. For the most part, Auburn has historically sucked *** in basketball and even they took football recruits to hoops games.

Advertisement
I think all schools take recruits to basketball games. For the most part, Auburn has historically sucked *** in basketball and even they took football recruits to hoops games.

I remmeber back in the day when our bball program was in the BE, we used to actually bring bball prospects to football games and practices! lol

Matthew Thomas as well.

I remember goi all out that game. [MENTION=5786]dfagundo[/MENTION] and I had a Matthew Thomas sign and we sat in the student section directly across from him and had it up most of the game. We thought we were making a difference.

Little did we know he wanted to put on for the school with the #1 rated circus program on the East Coast. Can't blame the kid, too good of an opportunity to pass up

What an asshat

Advertisement

Matthew Thomas as well.

Yeah I remember those guys being at a game, couldnt recall which one. Cant remember which game DWade, Kobe, Irvin, etc all went to either. But as a recruit if your at those guys and you see them there you gotta be thinking Miami is the place to be.

It was the Duke game. I remember demolishing Duke who was the number 1 team in the nation that year. We had Collins and M6 on a visit as well as Bron, Wade and James Jones. I thought both were for sure coming. History says otherwise.

Matthew Thomas as well.

Little did we know he wanted to put on for the school with the #1 rated circus program on the East Coast. Can't blame the kid, too good of an opportunity to pass up

What an asshat

What other schools on the East Coast have a circus program?

Matthew Thomas as well.

Yeah I remember those guys being at a game, couldnt recall which one. Cant remember which game DWade, Kobe, Irvin, etc all went to either. But as a recruit if your at those guys and you see them there you gotta be thinking Miami is the place to be.

It was the Duke game. I remember demolishing Duke who was the number 1 team in the nation that year. We had Collins and M6 on a visit as well as Bron, Wade and James Jones. I thought both were for sure coming. History says otherwise.

You're right about having Collins and M6 that game, but the Bron, Wade, and James Jones visit was against UNC that year.

Advertisement
Back