Could play an FSU team in shambles again.

Duke has some pretty good young talent to include a good QB. It still shouldn't be close since our talent is way superior.

I'm sure they do, Cutcliffe is a good coach, and he's made the program respectable, but I'm not sure how we went from being picked to win the coastal, and them being picked 6th or 7th, to them being predicted to beat us.

They need drama in their life. We should be able to stomp them

Am I living in the real world, two weeks aqo pundits had us as a darkhorse for the playoffs, this week we are underdogs to Duke. People are watching and listening to bullshyt, fake's spewing crap there and people buy into it. Are people really that stupid?

That stupid for listening to which part? Miami a dark hors CFP team or underdog to Duke? ESPN rankings are büllshït, everyone who knows anything knows that...

Both, To listen and believe these guys have a clue is stupid, zero credibility.

Advertisement
Stop talking about what other teams can or cannot do, and let's focus on the U. Although, I was pleased with the victory against BC...let's not overlook our weakness too. The defensive unit has holes, and I am hoping Diaz limit the free rotation, especially at LB and DB. I am still not convince Redwine is a free safety, and Young needs to be on the field at CB. Knowles made a good tackle, but could have made a play on the ball first (aka Carter). Delaney will perform better, because of experience and technique improve from Rumph. My picks in the secondary rotation are: Young (CB), Johnson (FS), Delaney (CB), Jackson (SS or covering slot), Redwine (CB), and Bandy (nickel). As for our LBs, Smith and other reserves were missing too many tackles. Pinckney is our gamer and playmaker!

The RPO will be a good system for Rosier, and the running game. Rosier's progression is very slow, and he only look for certain players. Rosier missed Thomas twice and Cager once, which could have been TDs. I would love to see Homer or DJ Dallas in the slot, and then run the quick screen. Homer and Walton are tough runners, and the OL just need to be physical with blocks. Overall, very please with offensive unit who can put an average score of 28 points a game.

Nevertheless, the success of this season will depend on the defensive unit who did not come to play in the first game...in my opinion.

Toledo has very, very good offense. So the Cane defense better come to play next Saturday! Otherwise the game will be CLOSER than the vast majority of Cane fandom expect!

Everyone calls Cuckbo an elite HC. We'll see if that's true now by how he handles this adversity. I think he's an elite recruiter, but I'm not sold on him as an elite HC.

I have to agree, we've been in position to win each of the last 3 games, had the lead no less, and didn't get it done.

FSU and Jimbo are in this program's head. It needs to stop.

I think he is an elite recruiter, and at a minimum a very good coach, if for nothing but the adjustments he makes in-game and his willingness to be very aggressive when the game is on the line. He still gets outcoached at least 2x a year. It needs to be our turn.

We can say what we want, but Richt needs this win bad. Heck he needed last year's bad too. He needs to shed the reputation that he doesn't win the big games. That is the only criticism thrown his way in recruiting and otherwise.

If he has a ruthless bone in his body, unleash it on FSU this season and get us back into this CFB properly.

Believe it or not. Good Ol' Boy Jimbo out foxed Richt last year! Because questionable play calling doomed Miami! No ifs, buts or huh.

Smh.. FSU ain't losing to NC State or Wake Forest.

I'd be shocked if they lose to either, way the **** to much talent all the way around. Even with a freshman QB, they are still pretty much loaded everywhere else. Would I expect them to go into Clemson and beat them? No! Real good teams that start a new QB have trouble with real good teams on the road, neither of these teams qualify. IMO, zero chance NCST beats FST, just not happening at home. The Miami game is going to be a real battle IMO. We win if our QB plays well.

I don't really care who they beat of who they lose to.But they didn't all of a sudden turn into temple because they lost their QB.

All I care is that we whip their *** ( twice if need be even though I don't think they win the other side without Frenchy)and break the fCking streak that should have been broken a couple times.

And as much as I'd love to stomp them by 30 I'll be just as happy if we win by one....This is the hump we need to get over and until we do we ain't accomplishing sHT.

I wasn't claiming that FSU is a **** program without Francois. I was saying that FSU, with a frosh at QB can certainly lose to a team that they should have lost to last season.

If that happens, maybe something like this can happen again in a trap game: Florida State vs. Wake Forest - Game Summary - October 8, 2011 - ESPN

Would I put money on this happening, no; but I'd be amazing if it did.

Nope not happening! They are not losing to NCST at home.

Advertisement
Everyone calls Cuckbo an elite HC. We'll see if that's true now by how he handles this adversity. I think he's an elite recruiter, but I'm not sold on him as an elite HC.

I have to agree, we've been in position to win each of the last 3 games, had the lead no less, and didn't get it done.

FSU and Jimbo are in this program's head. It needs to stop.

I think he is an elite recruiter, and at a minimum a very good coach, if for nothing but the adjustments he makes in-game and his willingness to be very aggressive when the game is on the line. He still gets outcoached at least 2x a year. It needs to be our turn.

We can say what we want, but Richt needs this win bad. Heck he needed last year's bad too. He needs to shed the reputation that he doesn't win the big games. That is the only criticism thrown his way in recruiting and otherwise.

If he has a ruthless bone in his body, unleash it on FSU this season and get us back into this CFB properly.

Believe it or not. Good Ol' Boy Jimbo out foxed Richt last year! Because questionable play calling doomed Miami! No ifs, buts or huh.

he didnt out fox ****, the refs handed you guys that game and kaayas dumb interception

"Winston piled up yards and touchdowns on his way to the Heisman Trophy, and his 190.06 passer rating is good for the second best single-season rating of all time, just shy of the mark Russell Wilson set in 2011. And it’s not as though Winston has run some watered-down attack; Manuel said this fall that learning the Buffalo Bills’ system was actually “easier to learn than the offense [he] had at Florida State,” as it required fewer adjustments based on defensive coverages. Fisher’s system, by contrast, puts a heavy burden on the quarterback to alter his reads depending on the defense’s coverage or alignment.

Earlier in Fisher’s career, he asked both his receivers and the quarterback to adjust routes based on the defense, but in recent years he’s simplified things — for everyone but the quarterback. “There are so many schemes and we all want to be gurus in football and think we created something,” Fisher said at the clinic. “I am just as guilty as everyone else, I promise.” Over the last few seasons Fisher reduced the number of plays while building options for his quarterbacks within each play. “Against Clemson [in 2012] we ran the same pass play nine times,” said Fisher. “We completed all nine of the passes, to five different receivers. I did not need a new play.”

This only works if the quarterback makes the right reads; Winston had few issues in this department. “If we can teach the quarterback to read the defense it will work,” Fisher explained. “I let the quarterback make the decision.” While Fisher has coached some excellent college quarterbacks in his career — hey, even JaMarcus Russell looked great when he played for Fisher — no one has operated the coach’s attack as efficiently as Winston, which is why he won the Heisman, why Florida State is on pace to score more points than any team in college football history, and why the Noles are one win away from their third national championship."

Florida State’s Real MVP «

If Jimbo get's this kid ready for his offense this fast, the kid is either the next big thing or Jimbo is in fact, an elite coach.

A pedestrian South Carolina team topped NC State in Raleigh for the opener. Florida State should be fine against them and Wake—and they'll be more than up for Miami. Defense will come to play, despite spotty offense without Francois and with Cook, Rudolph, et al going pro.

Definitely like Miami's odds now much more than prior to Florida State getting worked by Alabama, but it's still going to be a game. Look no further than how those guy were up for the Canes in 2001 and 2002, despite FSU being average and UM a world-beater back then. Same for 1999 when the Noles went on to win the title and the not-yet-back, eventual four-loss Canes still kept it close (21-21 at the half, lost 31-21.)

Advertisement
Now that FSU's **** has dislodged from everyones throat... what say you Wake?

Advertisement
Back