Could play an FSU team in shambles again.

Advertisement
New ESPN FPI predictor post-Irma has us underdog to FSU & Duke now...Fückin Dookie

What ESPN's Analytics Say Miami Hurricanes Football's Win Probabilities Are For Each Game In 2017

they're putting a lot of stock in to duke's win over northwestern who lost to an FCS school last year

Exactly! I know that Duke has a good QB that played fairly well against us last year. They have some nice young talent at the skill position as well, but I think their D is average. NW is a mediocre, slow Big 10 school. I thought they would possibly flip the odds on the VT game, but Dook?!?

After 4 straight bowls, Duke was 4-8 last year. Are they basing it on the fact that Duke beat North Carolina Central 60-7 and Northwestern 41-17? Are they basing it on the fact that it will be our 3rd game? Duke's 5th? Our first road game? Or, is it based on absolutely nothing? Northwestern was picked anywhere 4th to 5th in the Big 10 west, so, yeah. Duke was predicted to finish 6th or 7th in the coastal.

After 4 straight bowls, Duke was 4-8 last year. Are they basing it on the fact that Duke beat North Carolina Central 60-7 and Northwestern 41-17? Are they basing it on the fact that it will be our 3rd game? Duke's 5th? Our first road game? Or, is it based on absolutely nothing? Northwestern was picked anywhere 4th to 5th in the Big 10 west, so, yeah. Duke was predicted to finish 6th or 7th in the coastal.

Duke has some pretty good young talent to include a good QB. It still shouldn't be close since our talent is way superior.

Advertisement
I'm not ignoring what El is saying...but the hilarity to come if FSU ends up 0-3 going into Miami..

Hate this bs talk about rooting for FSU to lose. We should want to play and beat teams at their best.What good is it to play a lowly ranked FSU team coming in with a 0-3 record. Fvck breaking streaks. I want us to get into the playoffs and win a ship . Only way that happens is if we play and beat highly ranked teams.

Duke has some pretty good young talent to include a good QB. It still shouldn't be close since our talent is way superior.

I'm sure they do, Cutcliffe is a good coach, and he's made the program respectable, but I'm not sure how we went from being picked to win the coastal, and them being picked 6th or 7th, to them being predicted to beat us.

I'm not ignoring what El is saying...but the hilarity to come if FSU ends up 0-3 going into Miami..

Hate this bs talk about rooting for FSU to lose. We should want to play and beat teams at their best.What good is it to play a lowly ranked FSU team coming in with a 0-3 record. Fvck breaking streaks. I want us to get into the playoffs and win a ship . Only way that happens is if we play and beat highly ranked teams.

Go over to the recruiting board a follow for a few years, you'll know all about it

Advertisement
All i can say is it's a good thing we hired a coach who specializes in beating his rivals.

Would you mind holding onto something for me real quick?
d-1-authentic-1931.jpg

It is about us, not FSU. They have never mattered in these games. It is how we played that always determined it. We win or win lose. Even under Golden, we could have won the last three if we were better coach and made one play. Last year under Mark was, unfortunately, the same deal. We need that one play and our coaching to not lose the game in the end.

Advertisement

I'm sure they do, Cutcliffe is a good coach, and he's made the program respectable, but I'm not sure how we went from being picked to win the coastal, and them being picked 6th or 7th, to them being predicted to beat us.

They need drama in their life. We should be able to stomp them

Am I living in the real world, two weeks aqo pundits had us as a darkhorse for the playoffs, this week we are underdogs to Duke. People are watching and listening to bullshyt, fake's spewing crap there and people buy into it. Are people really that stupid?

Advertisement
Stop talking about what other teams can or cannot do, and let's focus on the U. Although, I was pleased with the victory against BC...let's not overlook our weakness too. The defensive unit has holes, and I am hoping Diaz limit the free rotation, especially at LB and DB. I am still not convince Redwine is a free safety, and Young needs to be on the field at CB. Knowles made a good tackle, but could have made a play on the ball first (aka Carter). Delaney will perform better, because of experience and technique improve from Rumph. My picks in the secondary rotation are: Young (CB), Johnson (FS), Delaney (CB), Jackson (SS or covering slot), Redwine (CB), and Bandy (nickel). As for our LBs, Smith and other reserves were missing too many tackles. Pinckney is our gamer and playmaker!

The RPO will be a good system for Rosier, and the running game. Rosier's progression is very slow, and he only look for certain players. Rosier missed Thomas twice and Cager once, which could have been TDs. I would love to see Homer or DJ Dallas in the slot, and then run the quick screen. Homer and Walton are tough runners, and the OL just need to be physical with blocks. Overall, very please with offensive unit who can put an average score of 28 points a game.

Nevertheless, the success of this season will depend on the defensive unit who did not come to play in the first game...in my opinion.

Everyone calls Cuckbo an elite HC. We'll see if that's true now by how he handles this adversity. I think he's an elite recruiter, but I'm not sold on him as an elite HC.

Am I living in the real world, two weeks aqo pundits had us as a darkhorse for the playoffs, this week we are underdogs to Duke. People are watching and listening to bullshyt, fake's spewing crap there and people buy into it. Are people really that stupid?

That stupid for listening to which part? Miami a dark hors CFP team or underdog to Duke? ESPN rankings are büllshït, everyone who knows anything knows that...

Everyone calls Cuckbo an elite HC. We'll see if that's true now by how he handles this adversity. I think he's an elite recruiter, but I'm not sold on him as an elite HC.

I have to agree, we've been in position to win each of the last 3 games, had the lead no less, and didn't get it done.

FSU and Jimbo are in this program's head. It needs to stop.

I think he is an elite recruiter, and at a minimum a very good coach, if for nothing but the adjustments he makes in-game and his willingness to be very aggressive when the game is on the line. He still gets outcoached at least 2x a year. It needs to be our turn.

We can say what we want, but Richt needs this win bad. Heck he needed last year's bad too. He needs to shed the reputation that he doesn't win the big games. That is the only criticism thrown his way in recruiting and otherwise.

If he has a ruthless bone in his body, unleash it on FSU this season and get us back into this CFB properly.

Advertisement
Back