Could Manny and the Hurricanes pull *FIVE* 5-Stars in this class?

Advertisement
There isn't room for all these guys..I think it would leave a bad impression to drop current commits to fit in more high profile players. In the long run I think its better to stick with already committed players. I think Sapp in a more realistic possibility if he were willing to flip.
It’s manny’s job to take the best class possible. If a 5 star wants in and we’re out of spots a 3 star will 100% be dropped and should. It’s unfortunate but you have to do it.

There isn't room for all these guys..I think it would leave a bad impression to drop current commits to fit in more high profile players. In the long run I think its better to stick with already committed players. I think Sapp in a more realistic possibility if he were willing to flip.
coaches get paid to win........their job is to put the best talent on the field....I understand your point tho.....

Last edited:
Yes, 5 are certainly a possibility...Williams, Marshall, Taylor, Lewis (if issues are resolved), Mason Smith, and Vandagriff as the most likely players. At this point, we might get all 6 of them as the "perfect storm" is creating a Category 5 Hurricane!
honestly, where is all this B.Vandagriff talk coming from? I've seen absolutely nothing about an interest between him and Miami. I know Maason Smith has mentioned us in updates and wants to visit but seems very strange for people to be talking about Vandagriff when there has literally been nothing about it anywhere.

Advertisement
HIGHLY unlikely, but not impossible. Assuming Williams, Taylor, and Marshall hold, Miami would just have to accept Lewis to get to four. He might be off our board, but the opportunity seems to be there.

The long shot is Maason Smith. He's probably LSU but @Cribby da gawd says we're in his head, and that means its real.

Don't get crazy about this all, but things are nuts right now.

:eek:hholky****:
crazy to think 4 is a LEGIT shot from everything we're seeing/hearing
Williams, Taylor, Marshall and Lewis if the staff wants him. That is as ELITE of recruiting as we've maybe ever had. Maason Smith would be an extreme long shot but have to like the fact we're in his top group and he's stated many times that he wants to visit.

Attachments

• giphy - 2020-08-02T003303.530.gif
    giphy - 2020-08-02T003303.530.gif
    765.7 KB · Views: 13
If games are played and we win I can see the stars aligning and we get 5. If there's no season we have an outside chance at landing 5. Maason will be tough. He's probably LSU or Bama. If we were to get Maason that would be a bigger statement pull than JW, JM, & LT just because he's from the Boot.

Last edited:
Advertisement
These kids will get turned off, again, once they see this Diaz product on the field.
Come on guy, we’re celebrating what’s happening on the trail, which is a big part of Manny’s job. Wins will come when you recruit elite - look at UGA as an example of talent over corching.

Enos was a disaster. How do you know what Lashlee will do, especially with King, to say this?

We ALL knew once Miami started winning games on the field our talent level would go up.....maybe compete for some 5* in Florida at least. The fact that it looks like 3 are a lock right now is amazing after 2019. Finally something good came out of all this COVID 19 disaster.
This has nothing to do with winning. We are still 6-7. But it could have a lot to do with the potential of winning especially with the new hires and the change of schemes on OF. Better quality of coaches too can go a long way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We ALL knew once Miami started winning games on the field our talent level would go up.....maybe compete for some 5* in Florida at least. The fact that it looks like 3 are a lock right now is amazing after 2019. Finally something good came out of all this COVID 19 disaster.
I’m a believer of talent equates to more wins. Then it snowballs. We had the Cinderella season in 2017 already.

They say Rome wasn’t built in one day. How many coaches have taken over a program and had instant success (with in the first year) and sustained that success? I can’t think of any. It’s a process of building, having a vision and having people who support that vision with you. Making tweaks or adjustments to how you do things either it being in recruiting, staffing, or coaching. If something not working you try something else. As of now Miami is on the verge of changing the tides more in their favor as it goes to recruiting and I’m all for it.

Advertisement
Back