Could Manny and the Hurricanes pull *FIVE* 5-Stars in this class?

Because reasonable facts show Diaz as a failure, a complete failure thus far. Or is “winning” the off season, before actual signing day, a reason for jubilation?

That’s why I say you guys do the same thing every year. You somehow forget the complete **** show Diaz produced and then are up in arms when others don’t share in your blind faith for a miracle turn around.
The recruiting that’s unfolding before us is on a different level of excellence in comparison to years past.

Anyone can see that.

Advertisement
So you can’t really reconcile what you saw from a Diaz coached team last year so you are attempting to deflect that ****-show by encompassing the entire history of coaching. Does that sound accurate?
If Manny let everything stay as is and made excuses for last year, I’d be right beside you talking smack. I’ve even been critical of him for his issues after the bye weeks in getting the team ready. However every major issue we had last year between player and coaching personnel he went out and addressed. QB? Went out and got the most dynamic transfer QB on the market. One that has shown success at this level before. OL? Grabbed one of the top rated grad transfers to address that issue and has attacked the position group on the recruiting trail. K? Got THE best K transfer available as well. We struggled on O due to an OC (who granted was picked by Manny) who had never been THE GUY for a team and it crashed and burned. Manny admitted as much by firing him and bringing in one of the most sought after young OC’s that has a proven record of success at the P5 level. Same thing with the Likens and Justice hires as well. The defense hasn’t been a legit issue since Manny has been here. Blake sucks to me buttery looked very good when Manny stepped in and had some more say on the defensive side of the ball.
Let’s give the guy who’s taking all of the necessary steps to do better a shot before just assuming it’s never going to change. Dabo looked like **** after year 1 also. Coach O did as well and check them out now.

You just proved my point. You can’t reasonably defend Diaz so you just throw out the “just go root for somebody else” card.

Doesn’t this sound all too familiar with the string of bad coaches Miami has trotted out there? You are a battered wife who keeps willing walking into clinched fists.
You make valid points with truths(I’ll give you that), but who’s to say that he can’t fix/improve on the shortcomings of LAST YEAR??? 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
crazy to think 4 is a LEGIT shot from everything we're seeing/hearing
Williams, Taylor, Marshall and Lewis if the staff wants him. That is as ELITE of recruiting as we've maybe ever had. Maason Smith would be an extreme long shot but have to like the fact we're in his top group and he's stated many times that he wants to visit.

ROFL, dont let these nerd recruiting sites make you crazy, our most "Elite recruits" happened under butch davis, not who the nerd recruiting sites keep trying to pin as "5 star". Remember 1 or 2 star ed reed, or 2 star santana!

Because reasonable facts show Diaz as a failure, a complete failure thus far. Or is “winning” the off season, before actual signing day, a reason for jubilation?

That’s why I say you guys do the same thing every year. You somehow forget the complete **** show Diaz produced and then are up in arms when others don’t share in your blind faith for a miracle turn around.
I suppose you'll be counting on that "I'm happy to eat crow speech" you may be giving to help you regain some reputation in about 3 months if you're wrong? smh

You just proved my point. You can’t reasonably defend Diaz so you just throw out the “just go root for somebody else” card.

Doesn’t this sound all too familiar with the string of bad coaches Miami has trotted out there? You are a battered wife who keeps willing walking into clinched fists.
Did we suck last season? Yes I don’t think anyone is debating your 1 winnable argument. Did Manny keep status quo? No, he fired the worse parts of the coaching staff and brought in much, much better replacements. It’s evident by the recent commits we’ve landed across the offense and defense. To be stuck in the mud and dying on your island takes a good amount of stupidity to be steadfast that Manny can not change. He’s proving it in spades mate. If you want to keep standing on that island do so. Don’t begrudge those of us that have seen real, tangible change happening.

Advertisement
Thanks. Been meaning to ask you... widespread?
Indeed, though less into them now than I was years back when I first used this username, I think on phantasytour. Funny enough, Don Solinger’s son used to post on there too. Actually have a friend who is an Iron Arrow and we went to Panic Halloween in New Orleans last year for his bachelor party.

Indeed, though less into them now than I was years back when I first used this username, I think on phantasytour. Funny enough, Don Solinger’s son used to post on there too. Actually have a friend who is an Iron Arrow and we went to Panic Halloween in New Orleans last year for his bachelor party.
I’m not a huge fan, but I respect the **** out of them and they put on a great show. Any show in New Orleans is a great show.

Aren’t all idiots, morons?
Technically, based on archaic psychiatric nomenclature the answer is no.

As far as your other posts, I get where you are coming from.

But right now there is no alternative other than support.

The current staff is staying, as is, for this season. So it’s a Hail Mary hope that last year was a first year flop, to be followed by future success.

Of course, there is nothing to support new found coaching acumen, but I would prefer to hang on to a hopeful and optimistic outlook for the sake of our collective mental health. If what you think happens, happens, then the appropriate changes will have to be made.

I would wager to say that 100% of the posters here agree that there is a great risk for this season based, on past performance. But they choose not to dwell on it.

In other words let’s not **** on this nice bowl of sugary cornflakes.

I've proven to be one of the worst, if not worst, porster on CIS.
200.gif

Advertisement
These cats do this every-*******- year.

Diaz has proven to be one of the worst, if not worst, HC in Miami modern history.
Yeah last year sucked. But I will give Manny this, he wasted no time firing 2 coaches and bringing in replacements. We've got a kid at QB who has done it on the field, not some backup who has potential. And no way recruiting should be this good after the season we had.

Advertisement
Basicly im comparing diaz with saban first year, saban didn't do well his first year in bama imagine if they would've canned him like u want um to can diaz. Basically, im saying diaz needs sum time
He doesn't care about rational arguments, he's just one of those dudes who likes to ruin everyone's fun and is an Edgelord who gets off on the attention. Anyone who makes a determination that Diaz (or any coach for that matter) is a failure and should be fired after just one season is embarrassingly bad at understanding how college football programs work. The most successful 1st two years of a coaching career belong to Larry Coker. 1st years are irrelevant. As I've pointed out many times in other threads, in the last 40 years only two coaches have taken over a team that won 7 or less games and won 10 games the next year. It is a nearly impossible feat. I for one am glad that Diaz ended up going 6-7, not 9-4 because it showed him he needed to change his strategy and philosophy, which he did. He then put a premium on recruiting elite talent, and has shown that he can deliver.

Of the 6 active coaches who have won a national championship, every single one of them had a point in their careers where some mouthbreathing idiot Canes fan would have demanded they be fired.

Saban- Canes fans would have demanded he be fired after every season in the 1st 4 years of his career. Dude couldnt manage to even win 8 games at Michigan State his 1st 4 seasons. They also would have demanded an older, wiser Saban be fired after a 7-6 season including a loss to Louisiana Monroe.

Swinney- fans would have demanded he be fired after a 6-7 season in his 3rd year.

Mack Brown was absolutely horrendous for pretty much the 1st 10 years of his career. Fans would want to can Les Miles after going 7-6 in year 4. And then there is Eddy O, who was an absolute trainwreck for the 1st 3 years of his career.

Of the 6 active coaches with a national title, 5 of them would not made it past the 4 year mark if held to the same standard as Diaz is. The only one of the six that didn't struggle out of the gate was Jimbo Fisher, and ironically he is probably the least regarded of the 6 coaches.

Is Diaz going to end up in the pile of failed coaches? Maybe. Who knows. That's still to be determined. If he keeps recruiting like he is, he should get 4 years to stockpile the talent. Worst case the team is loaded with 4 & 5 stars for the next coach. But anyone claiming that Diaz's 6-7 year 1 established that he is a failure and doesn't deserve support in year 2 isnt prescient, they are just a$$holes.

I get it. We are all supposed to just throw blind faith into the guy who has never been anything other than an average, at best, coordinator his entire career before posting that God awful first season as a HC.
@Andrew how come you couldn't find a yadayadayada emoji to use for posts like this?

He doesn't care about rational arguments, he's just one of those dudes who likes to ruin everyone's fun and is an Edgelord who gets off on the attention. Anyone who makes a determination that Diaz (or any coach for that matter) is a failure and should be fired after just one season is embarrassingly bad at understanding how college football programs work. The most successful 1st two years of a coaching career belong to Larry Coker. 1st years are irrelevant. As I've pointed out many times in other threads, in the last 40 years only two coaches have taken over a team that won 7 or less games and won 10 games the next year. It is a nearly impossible feat. I for one am glad that Diaz ended up going 6-7, not 9-4 because it showed him he needed to change his strategy and philosophy, which he did. He then put a premium on recruiting elite talent, and has shown that he can deliver.

Of the 6 active coaches who have won a national championship, every single one of them had a point in their careers where some mouthbreathing idiot Canes fan would have demanded they be fired.

Saban- Canes fans would have demanded he be fired after every season in the 1st 4 years of his career. Dude couldnt manage to even win 8 games at Michigan State his 1st 4 seasons. They also would have demanded an older, wiser Saban be fired after a 7-6 season including a loss to Louisiana Monroe.

Swinney- fans would have demanded he be fired after a 6-7 season in his 3rd year.

Mack Brown was absolutely horrendous for pretty much the 1st 10 years of his career. Fans would want to can Les Miles after going 7-6 in year 4. And then there is Eddy O, who was an absolute trainwreck for the 1st 3 years of his career.

Of the 6 active coaches with a national title, 5 of them would not made it past the 4 year mark if held to the same standard as Diaz is. The only one of the six that didn't struggle out of the gate was Jimbo Fisher, and ironically he is probably the least regarded of the 6 coaches.

Is Diaz going to end up in the pile of failed coaches? Maybe. Who knows. That's still to be determined. If he keeps recruiting like he is, he should get 4 years to stockpile the talent. Worst case the team is loaded with 4 & 5 stars for the next coach. But anyone claiming that Diaz's 6-7 year 1 established that he is a failure and doesn't deserve support in year 2 isnt prescient, they are just a$$holes.
**** Timebomb, i need a lil more TIME b4 you start dropping BOMBS like this. his reaction to this post will be very interesting!!....

Advertisement
Back