Could have been threads...

Peter has the best information out there.

Ibisuponatime is being a fool and letting his age discrimination show.

We're talking about the recruitment of 16, 17, 18 year old athletes. Common sense that the guy who has the best information is gonna be around the same age.

So Ibisuponatime.... back off, let him do his **** job, and enjoy the free information you get on this board.

BisCane said:
Pete was 13 during the yrs covered, the threads are reruns of never-runs

I have followed recruiting since my 7th grade year

The point of these threads is to just put in perspective the amount of talent down here.

I want to like this guy, but c'mon now? You've followed recruiting since you were 12? I'm supposed to take this seriously?

Pete I appreciate your info. But please understand that any semi-educated football person is going to take your analysis with a grain of salt.

7th grade??!? Lmao

I consider myself semi-educated and 10 years older than Peter and I think he does just as good of a job as any one out there when it comes to Canes recruiting.

Advertisement
Not a fan of the threads myself, but I guess its just to pass some time before football starts. Although I don't like them I just pass them up when I browse the threads since some do like it.

Pete have any background in football? Study it? Play it? Anything?

Listen I'm glad he fills us in on what he knows, and is clearly well connected, allowed to watch practice etc. I consider him much more educated in recruiting than Bakas, if not for anything than the fact he actually watches dade county football.

But his ability to process and analyze what he watches? I'm skeptical. And that's ok. I still appreciate what he posts. But if his credentials are that he has been following recruiting since he was 12, and attended Columbus and knows a few players, I can't help but laugh.

I kind of agree. Not trying to put you down, as you did provide good info on Deon Bush last year, but what are you're credentials besides watching football throughout high school instead of playing it?

I kind of agree. Not trying to put you down, as you did provide good info on Deon Bush last year, but what are you're credentials besides watching football throughout high school instead of playing it?

I can't cover recruiting because I didn't play football?

Same could be said about our offensive coordinator...

Advertisement

LoL

113.jpg

Yeah, you're right, Fisch didn't play HS ball and then he graduated, went straight to work as the OC for Miami. Is that what you are saying? OR did he study and learn under people that actually knew what they were doing. That argument doesn't even make sense. If Pete went and learned the business it would be different, but being a message board reader since he was 12 isn't cutting it IMO.

Peter is closer to John Clayton(or some other insider information) than to Jed Fisch. I would never want John Clayton scout but he is a good information guy.

Advertisement
Yeah, you're right, Fisch didn't play HS ball and then he graduated, went straight to work as the OC for Miami. Is that what you are saying? OR did he study and learn under people that actually knew what they were doing. That argument doesn't even make sense. If Pete went and learned the business it would be different, but being a message board reader since he was 12 isn't cutting it IMO.

Learned the business? I wrote for another site for more than a year and have been going to high school games, talking to coaches, players for about 4 years.

You said "What are [Pete's] credentials aside from watching football instead of playing it?" I responded by pointing out that the OC of the Miami Hurricanes never even played organized ball. Point is pretty obvious. You can learn by watching.

Obviously, Fisch needed some more training before landing his six-figure coaching job. This is recruiting writing. Pete's background is the same as 90% of recruiting writers, except Pete started younger and is more talented/hungry than those guys.

You're saying Pete has to "go out and learn the business." There is no school for this stuff. The guys you see on Rivals and Scout are just fans who started going to games, calling kids and writing articles. That's what Pete does. If he didn't have good stuff or put the work in, nobody would care. But he does.

What site? Put up a link to a couple articles that you've done prior to CanesInsight, not thread links, but articles AND that will be enough to prove me wrong and I will forever shut up. I am a member of Rivals and Scout and I don't remember you ever writing for them.

What site? Put up a link to a couple articles that you've done prior to CanesInsight, not thread links, but articles AND that will be enough to prove me wrong and I will forever shut up. I am a member of Rivals and Scout and I don't remember you ever writing for them.

Caneinsider.com

I don't need to prove anything to you, so I'm not gonna post any links. You can go look for that yourself, but I was employed by them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Peter is closer to John Clayton(or some other insider information) than to Jed Fisch. I would never want John Clayton scout but he is a good information guy.

I'd say he is is closest to Mel Kiper. And Kiper was just a lifelong draft freak who started writing on his own and got good at it. No training for what he does.

I dont understand this thread. If you dont like what Peter posts, then dont open up his threads. If you have definitive information that competes or assists his posts, then please do so.

Dude posts enough inside information to earn a few "interests only me" threads. Trust me, if he didnt have good information then he would have been run off the site for his antics in the WEZ.

Curious how the thread can go past this post.

Advertisement
I just got here for the first time today, and some aholes don't know who Peter is, nor the extent of his knowledge - NOR the extent of his grapevine?

I don't mean to be rude, but if you just showed up here and still don't know your butt from the backdoor - why don't you read, learn, and THEN comment. In such a progressive, logical manner, you won't appear to be outright ignorant.

It's OK to be stupid, but unless you open your mouth and confirm it, no one will know but you.

They sound like butthurt trolls from another site and they're only here to stir the pot.

Ever since Peter left Caneinsider, nobody posts on that lame site anymore. They don't have any information... and the stuff they try to pass off as insider information is false.

A couple weeks ago, they said we would be hearing about sanctions before the season started. That's what they were "hearing." Well, nope.

They also said that SH was going to be kicked off the team and not allowed back (after the first funeral), well nope. Got that one wrong too.

Their recruiting info is just recycled garbage from other sites. I haven't seen them break a recruiting story in months.

Sounds to me like we have some trolls over here with like 5 posts (hmmm) who are butthurt that their board sucks now, so now they're here to make trouble.

I just got here for the first time today, and some aholes don't know who Peter is, nor the extent of his knowledge - NOR the extent of his grapevine?

I don't mean to be rude, but if you just showed up here and still don't know your butt from the backdoor - why don't you read, learn, and THEN comment. In such a progressive, logical manner, you won't appear to be outright ignorant.

It's OK to be stupid, but unless you open your mouth and confirm it, no one will know but you.

Advertisement
Back