Could have been threads...

Ibisuponatime

Freshman
Premium
Pete I appreciate all the recruiting coverage you provide, but am I the only one that can't stand these threads? Coulda woulda shoulda stuff is weak.

Advertisement
Less coulda woulda shoulda, more "here are some of the cats we missed out on and here are what they are doing"...

Less coulda woulda shoulda, more "here are some of the cats we missed out on and here are what they are doing"...

I hear ya... I just can't stand reliving the ineptitude of the previous regime. What's the point? Those guys all went elsewhere, and are no more Canes than any other random guys in college football.

I hear ya... I just can't stand reliving the ineptitude of the previous regime. What's the point? Those guys all went elsewhere, and are no more Canes than any other random guys in college football.

This. Just gives people more reason to complain about the last 7 years or so of mediocrity.

Advertisement

One feature Bakas used to do that I really liked.

It was never about how we messed up just about recruits that you grew to know after the long recruiting seasons.

BisCane said:
Pete was 13 during the yrs covered, the threads are reruns of never-runs

I have followed recruiting since my 7th grade year

The point of these threads is to just put in perspective the amount of talent down here.

Advertisement
I like the threads, and appreciate the good work you guys do.

Hopefully Matthew Thomas, Stacey Coley, Alex Collins, and company don't show up on another list like this a few years from now. We need to lock down the local talent.

BisCane said:

The point of these threads is to just put in perspective the amount of talent down here.

I don;t mind them but I haven't seen anything that wasn't discussed ad nauseum on grassy over the yrs at the height of recruiting season..and I do enjoy the recruiting posts so fak em all

It's not the past recruits fault that they could smell the failure and decided to go elsewhere. Look at how much talent was wasted. Can anybody blame them?

Advertisement
BisCane said:

I want to like this guy, but c'mon now? You've followed recruiting since you were 12? I'm supposed to take this seriously?

Pete I appreciate your info. But please understand that any semi-educated football person is going to take your analysis with a grain of salt.

7th grade??!? Lmao

Ibisuponatime said:
I want to like this guy, but c'mon now? You've followed recruiting since you were 12? I'm supposed to take this seriously?

Pete I appreciate your info. But please understand that any semi-educated football person is going to take your analysis with a grain of salt.

7th grade??!? Lmao

Not sure what you mean.

We're you following the recruiting game in elementary school?

BisCane said:

7th grade??!? Lmao

I consider myself semi-educated and 10 years older than Peter and I think he does just as good of a job as any one out there when it comes to Canes recruiting.

Advertisement
Ibisuponatime said:

7th grade??!? Lmao

Not sure what you mean.

We're you following the recruiting game in elementary school?

It means a 12 year old doesn't know anything about anything.

You now... Yes you're doing a nice job. Appreciate the info.

It's not the age but insight. A benefit of being younger is understanding what's at play with kids of this generation.

Pete have any background in football? Study it? Play it? Anything?

Listen I'm glad he fills us in on what he knows, and is clearly well connected, allowed to watch practice etc. I consider him much more educated in recruiting than Bakas, if not for anything than the fact he actually watches dade county football.

But his ability to process and analyze what he watches? I'm skeptical. And that's ok. I still appreciate what he posts. But if his credentials are that he has been following recruiting since he was 12, and attended Columbus and knows a few players, I can't help but laugh.

I dont understand this thread. If you dont like what Peter posts, then dont open up his threads. If you have definitive information that competes or assists his posts, then please do so.

Dude posts enough inside information to earn a few "interests only me" threads. Trust me, if he didnt have good information then he would have been run off the site for his antics in the WEZ.

Advertisement
Back