Could Diaz Be Gone?

CaneDog66

Senior
Colorado just hired UGA’s DC Mel Tucker as their new Head Coach could this mean that Smart comes calling for Diaz? I’m honestly concerned as we had a Top 5 defense unless you believe he will circle the wagons around someone else like Don Brown at Michigan. Seems an easy sell to Manny by Kirby. What say you?

Advertisement
Lol what’s the easy sell.... Move to Athens, Ga to have the same job you do now at Miami?? I know y’all some groupies on here but this **** is starting to get embarrassing smh 🤦‍♂️
The easy sell is that UGA can afford to double or triple his salary. The fact that talented players want to go there. What else? Oh yeah the fact that their HC isn't an imbecile and actually competes for playoff spots and National Championships.

The easy sell is that UGA can afford to double or triple his salary. The fact that talented players want to go there. What else? Oh yeah the fact that their HC isn't an imbecile and actually competes for playoff spots and National Championships.
The same head coach who attempted a fake punt on their side of the 50 late in the SEC championship game?

Advertisement
Yeah I was thinking that Manny would get the shot at potentially fielding a championship level defense and actually play in the CFP at Georgia rather than the crap fest at Miami. With the recruiting class of 2019 plummeting down and the fact he can possibly make more $$$ that he could be enticed away. And no, I’m not a stupid groupie KrazyCane, I’m legitimately concerned.

Colorado just hired UGA’s DC Mel Tucker as their new Head Coach could this mean that Smart comes calling for Diaz? I’m honestly concerned as we had a Top 5 defense unless you believe he will circle the wagons around someone else like Don Brown at Michigan. Seems an easy sell to Manny by Kirby. What say you?
its real simple. the Mork Groupies are gonna cry and **** their panties, but the first really good offer that Manny gets... its ADIOS MUCHACHOS .. mark that down.

here is why .... Manny's stock is really high right now. He has the #2 defense in the country. Does anyone really believe Miami
will have a #2 defense next year losing the players we are losing this year ?

the defense next year will be mostly young and inexperienced. Manny's stock goes way down if he stays at Miami.

We ain’t losing Diaz to a lateral job unless it’s for double his current pay

He knows he can field some aggressive flashy defenses here and wooo an AD somewhere into giving him a HC job

Advertisement
Advertisement

You must not of watched the game against Baga

Butch Jones could have a HC job now probably. he is more interested in sucking up every dime of the millions Tennessee owes him so he is fine playing some stupid game of having a "job" at Bama for $ 35 K a year.

As far as Diaz goes, he is not married to Richt and anyone who believes that he will take the first good offer he gets to go to a better situation and an overall better team is absolutely correct. Manny will be out the door and gone .... ADIOS !

Last edited:
Advertisement
True, but I think he wants the right type of job. P5, maybe even back in the SEC.

I don’t have a problem giving the job to Diaz right now.
Georgia just lost their DC to Colorado ..... what if Kirby calls Diaz and makes an offer ?

Theres no doubt at least a few teams are looking at Diaz

its real simple. the Mork Groupies are gonna cry and **** their panties, but the first really good offer that Manny gets... its ADIOS MUCHACHOS .. mark that down.

here is why .... Manny's stock is really high right now. He has the #2 defense in the country. Does anyone really believe Miami
will have a #2 defense next year losing the players we are losing this year ?

the defense next year will be mostly young and inexperienced. Manny's stock goes way down if he stays at Miami.
Defense still will be good might not be ranked as high but it'll still be up there.Diaz staying here is going to depend on what changes are made on the offensive side.and also if he thinks he has a shot at being our hc if cmr doesn't pan out.

I can’t read his mind … but I think he bounces. If he wins a natty with Smart in 2 years he has his pick of P5 programs, hopefully he’ll choose Miami.
Diaz is obviously not stupid. He can see what better options he has and what a valuable commodity he is right now. staying with Richt and having his stock go down is something he is too smart to let happen.

Advertisement
Back