Could Diaz Be Gone?

Colorado just hired UGA’s DC Mel Tucker as their new Head Coach could this mean that Smart comes calling for Diaz? I’m honestly concerned as we had a Top 5 defense unless you believe he will circle the wagons around someone else like Don Brown at Michigan. Seems an easy sell to Manny by Kirby. What say you?

Lol what’s the easy sell.... Move to Athens, Ga to have the same job you do now at Miami?? I know y’all some groupies on here but this **** is starting to get embarrassing smh 🤦‍♂️

Lol what’s the easy sell.... Move to Athens, Ga to have the same job you do now at Miami?? I know y’all some groupies on here but this **** is starting to get embarrassing smh 🤦‍♂️
The easy sell is that UGA can afford to double or triple his salary. The fact that talented players want to go there. What else? Oh yeah the fact that their HC isn't an imbecile and actually competes for playoff spots and National Championships.

The easy sell is that UGA can afford to double or triple his salary. The fact that talented players want to go there. What else? Oh yeah the fact that their HC isn't an imbecile and actually competes for playoff spots and National Championships.
The same head coach who attempted a fake punt on their side of the 50 late in the SEC championship game?

Ethnicsands

All-American
Manny is at a place where his next job will be a Hc position if that is what he wants to be. No reason to take a DC position elsewhere. Pushes out his HC opps by a few years and risks a lot in between.

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking that Manny would get the shot at potentially fielding a championship level defense and actually play in the CFP at Georgia rather than the crap fest at Miami. With the recruiting class of 2019 plummeting down and the fact he can possibly make more $$$ that he could be enticed away. And no, I’m not a stupid groupie KrazyCane, I’m legitimately concerned.

mdpcane

All-American
Colorado just hired UGA’s DC Mel Tucker as their new Head Coach could this mean that Smart comes calling for Diaz? I’m honestly concerned as we had a Top 5 defense unless you believe he will circle the wagons around someone else like Don Brown at Michigan. Seems an easy sell to Manny by Kirby. What say you?
its real simple. the Mork Groupies are gonna cry and piss their panties, but the first really good offer that Manny gets... its ADIOS MUCHACHOS .. mark that down.

here is why .... Manny's stock is really high right now. He has the #2 defense in the country. Does anyone really believe Miami
will have a #2 defense next year losing the players we are losing this year ?

the defense next year will be mostly young and inexperienced. Manny's stock goes way down if he stays at Miami.

We ain’t losing Diaz to a lateral job unless it’s for double his current pay

He knows he can field some aggressive flashy defenses here and wooo an AD somewhere into giving him a HC job

mdpcane

All-American
The same head coach who attempted a fake punt on their side of the 50 late in the SEC championship game?
the word is that the fake punt and failure to check out of it is on the OC, Jim Chaney.

LustNCanes

Perseverance
If El Jefe leaves... we’re doomed! He’s the only NON-YES MAN ON THE TEAM!

mdpcane

All-American
Manny leaves .... the SS Mork will go straight to the fucking bottom .

954canelife

The Bj Wilkes Show
He won't leave unless it's a head coaching job he can prosper in. He's comfortable in Dade, I honestly think he will be our head coach one day

cmike73

Sophomore
You must not of watched the game against Baga

Tetragrammaton Cane

Bandwagon Driverless
Manny is at a place where his next job will be a Hc position if tjat is what he wants to be. No reason to tale a DC pozition elsewjere. Pushes out his HC opps by a few years and risks a lot in between.
I disagree; most ADs are incapable of reasoned decisions regarding football coaches, they just rehash concepts (ties/played here…) or retread coaches (Mack Brown … Tuberville …).

Right now if you’re on the right staff or have ties to Saban you’re automatically P5 HC material. Kiffin*, Smart, Cristobal, Muschamp, Pruitt, Locksley, Tucker, … (Saban is the reputation rehabiltator. In a few years even Butch Jones will get another HC job.)

Obviously, I disagree with the posters writing that Manny has to get a G5 HC job first … because it’s just. Not. True. Or, more importantly, necessary.

Paraphrasing what I wrote a month ago, [… The only way Diaz becomes HC of Miami is if Richt is fired mid-season or steps down.] because Blake James is going to make the mistake too many ADs today make. He’ll do the rehash/retread. I don’t see anything yet that says Richt is capable of change, so I believe deeply that he won’t/can’t … which means Diaz reputation will go down with Richt if Diaz stays.

If someone doubles or more than doubles Diaz pay in the right situation … he’s gone.

mdpcane

All-American
Butch Jones could have a HC job now probably. he is more interested in sucking up every dime of the millions Tennessee owes him so he is fine playing some stupid game of having a "job" at Bama for $ 35 K a year.

As far as Diaz goes, he is not married to Richt and anyone who believes that he will take the first good offer he gets to go to a better situation and an overall better team is absolutely correct. Manny will be out the door and gone .... ADIOS !

Last edited:

Tetragrammaton Cane

Bandwagon Driverless
Butch Jones could have a HC job now probably. he is more interested in sucking up every dime of the millions Tennessee owes him so he is fine playing some stupid game of having a "job" at Bama for $ 35 K a year.
True, but I think he wants the right type of job. P5, maybe even back in the SEC.

I don’t have a problem giving the job to Diaz right now.

mdpcane

All-American
True, but I think he wants the right type of job. P5, maybe even back in the SEC.

I don’t have a problem giving the job to Diaz right now.
Georgia just lost their DC to Colorado ..... what if Kirby calls Diaz and makes an offer ?

Theres no doubt at least a few teams are looking at Diaz

Tetragrammaton Cane

Bandwagon Driverless
Georgia just lost their DC to Colorado ..... what if Kirby calls Diaz and makes an offer ?
I can’t read his mind … but I think he bounces. If he wins a natty with Smart in 2 years he has his pick of P5 programs, hopefully he’ll choose Miami.