Could Diaz Be Gone?

Clemson is not in the same category money wise as Georgia is not even close.

Dude. Are you ignoring the facts I'm giving you? Let me type it out because I'm assuming you arent actually looking.
THIS offseason, Clemson made Brent Venables the second highest paid assistant coach in the NCAA at $2mill per year.

With bonuses, Venables is making $2.2mill per year. THE ONLY COORDINATOR MAKING MORE IS DAVE ARANDA AT LSU, FOR $2.5MILL.

You're saying that Kirby Smart, a defensive coach who was a coordinator himself for over 5 years coaching one of the best defenses...is going to lobby to bid Clemson, for a LB/DC coach, when he already has 2 LB assistant coaches and no DB coach with the departure of Mel Tucker. Do you realize how stupid that sounds now?

Advertisement
Dude. Are you ignoring the facts I'm giving you? Let me type it out because I'm assuming you arent actually looking.
THIS offseason, Clemson made Brent Venables the second highest paid assistant coach in the NCAA at $2mill per year.

With bonuses, Venables is making $2.2mill per year. THE ONLY COORDINATOR MAKING MORE IS DAVE ARANDA AT LSU, FOR $2.5MILL.

You're saying that Kirby Smart, a defensive coach who was a coordinator himself for over 5 years coaching one of the best defenses...is going to lobby to bid Clemson, for a LB/DC coach, when he already has 2 LB assistant coaches and no DB coach with the departure of Mel Tucker. Do you realize how stupid that sounds now?
Yes I know that what you need to understand that's like pocket change to Georgia.

I agree think Diaz knows that hope he takes advantage of the situation.know another coach who did same thing caught our ad alone in an elevator by the time they got off he was our next coach.
i normally dont like to do "what ifs" but .... if Diaz was HC at Miami, would he get a DC or run the D himself like Richt runs the O ?

Advertisement
Yes I know that what you need to understand that's like pocket change to Georgia.

Pocket change for UGA? So you telling me that UGA...who was paying Mel Tucker 1.5mill. Will suddenly go out and pay an 11m buy out, plus outbid the 2.2 mill salary that he already has, not accounting for the fact that Clemson could raise it if needed PLUS he has a son at Clemson.

Clemson has something that matches up with resources, it’s called resolve. Clemson has money and has spent, athletically, on par with any SEC school. In fact, they’ve always been more “SEC” than any school outside of the SEC and quits few within the SEC.

Take one look at what Dabo make and you realize they won’t be outspent.

I'm starting to think this Dude is trolling. He cant possibly be serious

I think Diaz gets a DC, even if he calls plays from time to time. Diaz has that mad-scientist, ever-tinkering style that will constantly look at best practices, and he’ll take one look at Saban and Swinney and go … “there, that’s it!”
yeah. no question that Diaz would be an upgrade as HC. its crazy trying to figure out why Richt is so stubborn about an O that obviously has serious problems and needs real changes and work.

Advertisement
I’m pretty sure Venables left Oklahoma because Mike Stoops was fired at Arizona, and Bob Stoops wanted him back on staff with him.
Stoops went back on the deal he made with Venerables when Mike left to keep him at ou.when Mike came back Brent went looking elsewhere and dabo answered.

i normally dont like to do "what ifs" but .... if Diaz was HC at Miami, would he get a DC or run the D himself like Richt runs the O ?
He'd hire dc cause he knows he has to keep an eye on the whole team.making sure everybody is on the same page getting it done upright.anybody who isn't getting it done Diaz won't hesitate to boot a few out to get his point across.

Pocket change for UGA? So you telling me that UGA...who was paying Mel Tucker 1.5mill. Will suddenly go out and pay an 11m buy out, plus outbid the 2.2 mill salary that he already has, not accounting for the fact that Clemson could raise it if needed PLUS he has a son at Clemson.
Comparing Clemson to Georgia is like comparing oklahoma to Texas.both Clemson and Oklahoma have the resources to do it and are willing to spend but they don't have the same resources Georgia and Texas do.

Advertisement
Comparing Clemson to Georgia is like comparing oklahoma to Texas.both Clemson and Oklahoma have the resources to do it and are willing to spend but they don't have the same resources Georgia and Texas

Lol. You just refuse to understand how wrong you are no matter how I chop it up for you. Are you saying that UGA is going to fire a LB or make one of them, or Venables, coach out of position while also spending LSU type money? Because Clemson is out spending every team you keep mentioning. Including Texas and Texas A&M (when it comes to Coordinators).

No! He is not leaving his home town and UM will match any offer.

Advertisement
yeah. no question that Diaz would be an upgrade as HC. its crazy trying to figure out why Richt is so stubborn about an O that obviously has serious problems and needs real changes and work.
Problem is cmr is from the era it's my way or the highway.back then a coach could take 5yrs to get their system going.to run a pro style power run it will take that long to get the oline developed to run it.especially if the oline is in the shape ours was when cmr took over.

You must not of watched the game against Baga
I sure did. What's your point? That Smart made a dumb decision? All coaches make stupid mistakes. The difference is that Smart is actually building something in Athens. The difference is Smart is competing with Bama. The difference is that Smart played for a natty in his 2nd year and after losing a ton to graduation, Smart had his team in the hunt for a playoff spot in year 3. Richt couldn't do those things in his dreams. That and the fact that making stupid boneheaded decisions are a weekly occurrence with Rick. Try harder.

UGA runs a 3/4. Manny runs a hybrid 4/3. Styles make fights. If Manny did leave, it would be for somewhere where he would have the same controll.

Lol. You just refuse to understand how wrong you are no matter how I chop it up for you. Are you saying that UGA is going to fire a LB or make one of them, or Venables, coach out of position while also spending LSU type money? Because Clemson is out spending every team you keep mentioning. Including Texas and Texas A&M (when it comes to Coordinators).
Clemson is willing to spend it the others are not.that's what I'm saying.let's bring this closer home.uf,fsu spend more money on staff's than we have .in the past um powers that be said we don't have the funds but all of a sudden today they say a million for a coordinator.if we didn't have it then why do we have it now.we've had the resources all along but didn't want to spend it.

Advertisement
Back