Could Diaz Be Gone?

I sure did. What's your point? That Smart made a dumb decision? All coaches make stupid mistakes. The difference is that Smart is actually building something in Athens. The difference is Smart is competing with Bama. The difference is that Smart played for a natty in his 2nd year and after losing a ton to graduation, Smart had his team in the hunt for a playoff spot in year 3. Richt couldn't do those things in his dreams. That and the fact that making stupid boneheaded decisions are a weekly occurrence with Rick. Try harder.
Actually, Richt did the exact same thing. Won the SEC in 02 and lost the SEC in 03 to the eventual NC winner...

Advertisement
He just coordinated a top 5 defense...last year he had the turnover chain and no Teams are looking at him as HC? If he was doing this at Bama, Georgia, OSU etc he’d have his pick off solid HC jobs and he knows that. Its gotta bother him to look over to the offensive staff and see that group of bible thumpers (Rivht, Brown, Richt jr, dugans) and know they’re holding him/us back

Lol what’s the easy sell.... Move to Athens, Ga to have the same job you do now at Miami?? I know y’all some groupies on here but this **** is starting to get embarrassing smh 🤦‍♂️
Are you kidding? Being a DC a Georgia is a step closer to head job, if Smart calls he bolts

Advertisement
I think Diaz is gone this offseason .... his stock is as high as it can get as a DC.. HC and DC calls are going to come the moment the bowl game is over...

And we are screwed next season ..

Advertisement
Kirby runs a different system than diaz. Theyll most likely hiring someone within or hire someone with bama ties

he won't leave for another DC job. it'd for an HC job. hes got full control on D here and its home for him.

Manny's not bouncing for a different DC position. May leave to be a HC, but he isn't going to take a lateral move. He loves living in Miami and he has plenty of money.

Butch Jones could have a HC job now probably. he is more interested in sucking up every dime of the millions Tennessee owes him so he is fine playing some stupid game of having a "job" at Bama for $ 35 K a year.

As far as Diaz goes, he is not married to Richt and anyone who believes that he will take the first good offer he gets to go to a better situation and an overall better team is absolutely correct. Manny will be out the door and gone .... ADIOS !
Who the **** would hire butch jones?!?

Advertisement
Manny's not bouncing for a different DC position. May leave to be a HC, but he isn't going to take a lateral move. He loves living in Miami and he has plenty of money.

plus FULL control here. regarding UGA, he wont be able to do anything there. it was smart's d that he was on top of there with tucker being their recruiter

Who the **** would hire butch jones?!?

lol this. he was never going to be an HC candidate coming off his disaster at tennessee. this is diff than sarksian who was just drunk all the time and took the analyst role at Bama (he still isn't an HC btw).

Diaz is smart enough to see the writing on the wall as it relates to Richt; meaning, he knows that the Miami job could be available in the next couple of years. He wants the Miami gig, no doubt. He is not going to risk his chances by taking another DC job. If he leaves, it will be to gain HC experience to help build his resume for the Miami gig. If he is going to continue to build his resume via being a DC, it will be at Miami.

Advertisement
A choice between arroz con pollo vs fried chicken and waffles for Manny? Sorry, just don't see it.

this is his best year. and all this with CMR BS. Smart to move away for the train wreck he has for a head coach. Tough to impossible to recruit here if the coaching tree stays the same. I would hate to see him leave but put in his position , boom, I'm gone.

Manny ain't going anywhere, he loves it down here, built a championship defense and more importantly has full control on his side of the ball. Man it was painful getting to this point after reading three pages of Mapcane's & Telecabron's trolling, whew. Manny Sr. is a friend of mine,cabish.
:stormwarningflag-sm:

Advertisement
Back