Couch, Clarke, Ivey..

Beaten soundly on numerous ocassions. What happened to Couch, who appeared so promising last season? Clarke taking lumps OFTEN. Can't honestly say either is a much better option than Ivey, sadly. Maybe when Clarke gets some run...Thank God for Stevenson on the other side.
Why is it Diaz continues to play these kids? It’s coaching malpractice.

Advertisement
Naahhh, 8 shouldn’t see the field. He doesn’t even hustle when the plays are close to him let alone back side. He had the laziest, worst timed blitz I’ve ever seen. Hey sucks! End of story.
Take 26 with him and give me Avantae. Again it can possibly be much worse.

Advertisement
Who do you want him to play?
I would like to see if Curtis has ANY ability. Kid is supposed to be a burner and he is not vertically challenged like Couch. I am well documented as being an Ivey hater. Kid doesn’t have it and we are kidding ourselves for using him for anything other than clipboard holding. I get Clarke has some skills where as Dunson seems to have already become a casualty (got toasted last week after playing press and clearly didn’t jam at the line). I pray that Stevenson comes back for another year. Is Blades done for the year? He’s not great but maybe he can rise to be serviceable given the other side being lock down.

Just maybe we could look in the mirror and say Couch has taken the next step and it's actually because of him and not coaching. Just for example last year he was making plays with the same exact coaches but this year he hasn't progressed. That's on him

Advertisement
I would like to see if Curtis has ANY ability. Kid is supposed to be a burner and he is not vertically challenged like Couch. I am well documented as being an Ivey hater. Kid doesn’t have it and we are kidding ourselves for using him for anything other than clipboard holding. I get Clarke has some skills where as Dunson seems to have already become a casualty (got toasted last week after playing press and clearly didn’t jam at the line). I pray that Stevenson comes back for another year. Is Blades done for the year? He’s not great but maybe he can rise to be serviceable given the other side being lock down.
I get it I was only asking because Curtis is the only CB on the roster that hasn't played and doubt he would be much better at this stage of his career as he was a WR in HS. I'm not sure if it has been confirmed that Blades is out for the year but it doesn't look like he is going to play the rest of the year and will take a shirt this season. Diaz keeps playing these guys because they're all we got as sad as that is to say.

This time last year couch was balling against Pitt,now he’s borderline unplayable..wonder why?
Our front 4 cannot get consistent pressure on their own. We don't have a single DE who can apply consistent edge pressure. Last year Couch had Phillips and Roche at DE. Huge difference.

We got Rumphed so hard for the last few years at CB. Got to change this recruiting class or we are forever screwed.

Advertisement
Our front 4 cannot get consistent pressure on their own. We don't have a single DE who can apply consistent edge pressure. Last year Couch had Phillips and Roche at DE. Huge difference.
Totally agree but it’s not one or the other…it’s both DEs and CBs. LBs leave the middle of the field wide open too. So we’ve got Safeties and DTs…but Safeties for the most part.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back