Couch, Clarke, Ivey..

Advertisement
This Manny defense fam. TROB ain’t got nothing to do with this. At the end of the day he gotta do what Manuel says. We just don’t have the guys at CB we just gotta face it.

It's not TRob! It's the DLine and LB! QB's get too much time and when the QB breaks the pocket we too slow getting to him. Diaz too limited mentally to scheme sets for Jim Williams with Avante or Kinchens at safety. Hire Winston Moss and the defense will be 20 points better.

Advertisement
Just reading the article on Couch and his disappointing season last year. Does anyone think he can turn it around? I’ve always thought he had some dawg in him .. we need him to step up big this year.
He'll get real coaching in a non-dog**** scheme, so i say yes.

Advertisement
Coverage has never been Couch’s issue, it’s that he consistently gets bodied by anybody over 150 lbs. Physical receivers man handle him and I don’t see how asking him to press is going to fix that. I’m hoping he’s gained a little bit of strength so his physicality can match his coverage skills.

Cant blame rumph nowadays? DVD? Lol..
You can definitely blame Rumph. He recruited those guys. It doesn't have anything to do with Couch's size either. Not everyone is Darrell Green, but there is definitely a lack of talent at the position.

Trob is only a recruiter but Manny’s scheme has a lot if not all do to with what we see.
Nope, Trob is not only a recruiter. Do you really think Saban would want a guy that can only recruit when Alabama recruits itself? He can coach. His Florida and South Carolina backgrounds prove that. You cannot ask someone to do miracles.

I have literally forgiven every pre-Mario transgression and am completely giving everyone and anyone a clean slate. That goes for the current roster and kids who chose to go elsewhere (kind of hard to blame them looking back). If friggin' Mark Pope were still here I'd keep an open mind.

New staff, high-level coaching, top level-effort, new mentality, new S&C, new mindset.

LFG.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Couch has shown flashes and apparently he is on the outside now and Rique moved to the inside. Which word was he didn't wanna play at UGA. Maybe he had some people talk to him about his money. If Couch and Blades can step up we could be ok here. These are not players who are physically overmatched or havent shown signs of being good. Its the inconsistency and bad fundamental coaching that has held them back. Plus Blade's injuries.

Coverage has never been Couch’s issue, it’s that he consistently gets bodied by anybody over 150 lbs. Physical receivers man handle him and I don’t see how asking him to press is going to fix that. I’m hoping he’s gained a little bit of strength so his physicality can match his coverage skills.
Cuz u are allowed to get in people face before they get a head of steam maybe?

Cuz u are allowed to get in people face before they get a head of steam maybe?
So a guy who gets bodied by stronger receivers is now going to be able to use his strength to impede them off the line? The whole purpose of press is to use your strength to keep a receiver from getting an easy release off the line. If you're not strong, you're not jamming anyone.

Advertisement
So a guy who gets bodied by stronger receivers is now going to be able to use his strength to impede them off the line? The whole purpose of press is to use your strength to keep a receiver from getting an easy release off the line. If you're not strong, you're not jamming anyone.
I didn't say anything about jamming. People play press without jamming as well.

I didn't say anything about jamming. People play press without jamming as well.
You can run mirror but that's pretty much the type of man coverage Manny used here. ( I got mad because he wanted big physical corners and then wouldn't let them get their hands on receivers in man coverage. What good is that?) You can press in zone but cover 2 pretty much requires a jam and 3 and 4 are bail.

Getting a accurate read on things from the outside in Spring is hard. Especially with a new staff that likes to keep things quiet. Couch, Blades and even Dunson supposedly have played well. We still have Rique and Porter coming. Now have these guys played well or is it the WR's not playing up to their talent? I know what my thoughts are. Same goes with the trenches. I think we need another CB to add to the list. I have more faith in Couch than I do Blades and Dunson. We shall see come Fall.

Advertisement
Back