Cory Johnson

1jamaicancane

Senior
- He will visit Kentucky 11/30, Temple, 12/06, Texas Tech 12/13 and then finally UM 12/22 and he will decide right after that

- He will be an ee

- He watches UM every Saturday. “I watched most of their big games this year even though I have my own stuff going on,” Johnson said. “I’ve been keeping up with their progress and they have a great team. I can understand why they’re starting to come back up to how it used to be.

- The NCAA decision didn't affect him much at all. “I didn’t care nothing about that because the most important thing for me is getting to the league,” Johnson said. “They could have all the sanctions in the world but that won’t stop me from balling out

- Being older he's thinking more about himself this process instead of last. His parents are behind him but he says he's doing his thing because they were telling him before what to do but now he wants to make his own choice. They all tell him to do his thing and go where he's treated right

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Will-Get-JUCO-DT-Cory-Johnsons-Last-Visit-162228

Advertisement
Advertisement
players like this are tricky because they don't watch football so sometimes you dont now what will excite them like that bu the relationship with the staff to me is a huge help

Advertisement
guys we get a visit the week after he goes to Lubbock, Texas.

Why doesn't anyone elite want this Juco Dt?

dude has a first step like lightning he wont mesh well with a read and react scheme he is a good 4-3 DT will be a JAG in a 3-4

Advertisement
If we can't beat Kentucky, Temple and Texas Tech for a recruit then...

Look at the schools he is looking at, does something smell right? I am not talking about Money or anything shady but something doesn't look right.

Honestly, I don't think he gives a **** at all. Some studs are at garbage schools because they don't care about how good or bad they are

Look at the schools he is looking at, does something smell right? I am not talking about Money or anything shady but something doesn't look right.

Honestly, I don't think he gives a **** at all. Some studs are at garbage schools because they don't care about how good or bad they are

I think some kids just make illogical decisions. I guess we're saying the same thing.

Advertisement

And it's his last visit, no less.

Well that would be an upgrade over Stuckey, no?

I dunno - thought Stuckey was supposed to be the truth.

I really want Clinkscale but I will be good with Johnson

No shot at clinkscales based on his comments. It would take a miracle.

Stuckey was never the truth, he was a decent talent that was still gonna be a huge upgrade at a position that only do we not have talent but we dont have the numbers. Dont get it twisted, we still need another guy to replace him, but all the guys we are going after look to be better than Stuckey.

Agreed. The only logical reason I could think of him "choosing" one of those schools over us if if he can't qualify. As much as we rip on Jethro (and rightfully so) admissions have really hurt us in recruiting JUCO DT's and god knows we need someone who can step in at that position immediately.

Advertisement
Back