Cory Johnson

If we can't beat Kentucky, Temple and Texas Tech for a recruit then...

And it's his last visit, no less.

Well that would be an upgrade over Stuckey, no?

I dunno - thought Stuckey was supposed to be the truth.

I really want Clinkscale but I will be good with Johnson

No shot at clinkscales based on his comments. It would take a miracle.

Stuckey was never the truth, he was a decent talent that was still gonna be a huge upgrade at a position that only do we not have talent but we dont have the numbers. Dont get it twisted, we still need another guy to replace him, but all the guys we are going after look to be better than Stuckey.

Trust me, I'm not getting it twisted. That was what I recall - if that was erroneous, so be it. Of course we need a backup for Stuckey.

A class of Wyche, Pelon, Johnson is solid. One more (hopefully Boateng but that is slim) would be gravy. Does Al take 4 JC DL?

Lastly, we know Johnson is an EE, Pelon/Wyche are not. It would be great to get 2 JC DT in as EEs (ideally, Johnson and Boateng).

Advertisement

Well that would be an upgrade over Stuckey, no?

Stuckey was never the truth, he was a decent talent that was still gonna be a huge upgrade at a position that only do we not have talent but we dont have the numbers. Dont get it twisted, we still need another guy to replace him, but all the guys we are going after look to be better than Stuckey.

Trust me, I'm not getting it twisted. That was what I recall - if that was erroneous, so be it. Of course we need a backup for Stuckey.

A class of Wyche, Pelon, Johnson is solid. One more (hopefully Boateng but that is slim) would be gravy. Does Al take 4 JC DL?

Lastly, we know Johnson is an EE, Pelon/Wyche are not. It would be great to get 2 JC DT in as EEs (ideally, Johnson and Boateng).

Take them all.......
We only really need 2 NTs at most, so Wyche and one more is plenty, but we do need help at SDE so two of Ward, Pelon and Boateng would also be great although one is fine. I still dont have faith on whats behind Pierre, **** Im not even sold on Pierre. We need all the help we can get, plus it gives the ability to red shirt the young players....

Take them all.......
We only really need 2 NTs at most, so Wyche and one more is plenty, but we do need help at SDE so two of Ward, Pelon and Boateng would also be great although one is fine. I still dont have faith on whats behind Pierre, **** Im not even sold on Pierre. We need all the help we can get, plus it gives the ability to red shirt the young players....

My biggest concern in not getting a JC DT EE is that the last thing we want/need is for a DT to show up out of shape in August. If they are, then their impact year 1 will not be significant, imo - at least to the level we need it to be. That's my biggest concern. I'd rather get a guy in here in Jan, get him on the workout regiment, keep him in shape so that he's ready to go August.

Advertisement
why is this a debate? johnson has grades stuckey doesnt. if he had grade he would be a cane. Boateng can be a SDE in either 3-4 or 4-3. Pelon is a SDE/DT that can play DT in our system. Wyche is a NT

I dont care what combination of the aforementioned DTs we get. JUST DONT STRIKE OUT PLEASE! That would be a nightmare for us. And basically set us up for another year of subpar DT play. Dont get me wrong, I like Wyche and Valentine, but they just dont provide enough depth for Pierre, Moore, and (gulp) Corey King.

(Not even counting Jenkins or Moten, I think those guys lord willin' will redshirt. ESPECIALLY Jenkins.)

Have to say for all the great rep this kid has coming out as a JUCO, his schools hes considering is really an odd collection. Not many major programs there, and sort of all over the map. I cant say I know too much about the kid, but Consigliere has a point here. Something odd about who he's looking at.

Advertisement
Have to say for all the great rep this kid has coming out as a JUCO, his schools hes considering is really an odd collection. Not many major programs there, and sort of all over the map. I cant say I know too much about the kid, but Consigliere has a point here. Something odd about who he's looking at.

From Johnson...

“I watched most of their big games this year even though I have my own stuff going on,”

- The NCAA decision didn't affect him much at all. “I didn’t care nothing about that because the most important thing for me is getting to the league,

This kid is the opposite of Dalvin Cook, he's not a frontrunner or a college football fanboy and doesn't care about conferences or wins/losses or any of that. What he wants is playing time and a path to the NFL. Why would he go to Alabama and at best be a rotational guy?

At the schools he listed, he can be featured. So you can see where his mind is at.

From Johnson...

“I watched most of their big games this year even though I have my own stuff going on,”

- The NCAA decision didn't affect him much at all. “I didn’t care nothing about that because the most important thing for me is getting to the league,

This kid is the opposite of Dalvin Cook, he's not a frontrunner or a college football fanboy and doesn't care about conferences or wins/losses or any of that. What he wants is playing time and a path to the NFL. Why would he go to Alabama and at best be a rotational guy?

At the schools he listed, he can be featured. So you can see where his mind is at.
Well if he wants to get to the league and feels he is that good, he does not agree with just being a rotational guy at best, and to be honest with you if that is all he is gonna be there, I dont care for him either. We need difference makers, not just upgrades.......

From Johnson...

Well if he wants to get to the league and feels he is that good, he does not agree with just being a rotational guy at best, and to be honest with you if that is all he is gonna be there, I dont care for him either. We need difference makers, not just upgrades.......

Well, what's the alternative?

Valentine looks like a difference maker but he needs a couple years of seasoning before he can come in and be an impact guy.

Johnson is a four star talent.

It's always a great move having that last visit

I'm sure he sees our need even a blind man could see the playing opportunity

Advertisement
Advertisement

From Johnson...

Also, why would he go to Alabama if he doesn't have an offer from them? Might create a really awkward situation if he just showed up there.

Advertisement
Back