Cornerbacks in the portal

Advertisement
He was solid as a senior. But you have to understand there was no film on Jackson his jr year because it was his first year playing. Teams started attacking his hips making him move laterally. Go look at his jr year most of his big plays were down the field vertically. Which he was good running in a straight line. His sr year he was getting a lot more slants and quick stuff used against him.
He was very solid his senior year. People like to point out that toledo game where diontae Johnson beat him a few times, of course he would diontae was a stud and is one in the nfl now

He was very solid his senior year. People like to point out that toledo game where diontae Johnson beat him a few times, of course he would diontae was a stud and is one in the nfl now
Teams didn't throw at him as much his senior year. I don't know how people don't realize this.

Advertisement
Mike Jack didn’t develop either, he looked way worse his Senior year than his Junior year.

Our CB’s have all gotten worse each year under this regime, they play well for a season & then completely fall off a cliff & look lost in coverage the following seasons, which means something is not translating with the teaching aspect of the game.
is something not translating with the teaching aspect, or is something being taught incorrectly?

Mike Jack didn’t develop either, he looked way worse his Senior year than his Junior year.

Our CB’s have all gotten worse each year under this regime, they play well for a season & then completely fall off a cliff & look lost in coverage the following seasons, which means something is not translating with the teaching aspect of the game.
A lot of his Ints his junior year where because of horrible throws not great coverage skills. They were gimmes

Advertisement
Did bandy truly regress or was he just not a fit for what they wanted him to do? Bandy is a true nickel that all of a sudden had to be the #1 cb his jr year and it showed he wasn’t that.
Fair point. Of course, if we land one of Henderson, Campbell, Surtain, or some of the other misses, maybe Bandy can stay at NB?

Reminds me of when we couldn’t get a DT to come here. It was a scheme(read/react 3-4) that was a bad fit for the types of athlete we see at DT. Manny needs to at the very least consider using a more msn-to-man press heavy scheme that attracts the top CB’s.

Go Canes!

Reminds me of when we couldn’t get a DT to come here. It was a scheme(read/react 3-4) that was a bad fit for the types of athlete we see at DT. Manny needs to at the very least consider using a more msn-to-man press heavy scheme that attracts the top CB’s.

Go Canes!
While I 100% agree with you. If we allowed the corners we currently have on our roster to play that style we’d give up 48 a game easy!

Advertisement
A lot of his Ints his junior year where because of horrible throws not great coverage skills. They were gimmes
RJ and Norton and Chad Thomas left before MJ's senior year. People may not have fully appreciated what that line did. Individually, they were good not great, but collectively that was a tough DL to play against and part of what the DBs ate that year, IMO.

RJ and Norton and Chad Thomas left before MJ's senior year. People may not have fully appreciated what that line did. Individually, they were good not great, but collectively that was a tough DL to play against and part of what the DBs ate that year, IMO.
And I think that’s part of the regression of the defense. We haven’t been able to get 2 DTs to provide quality play at the same time like McIntosh and Norton

Advertisement
Yes but campbell or surtain was never coming here. Doesn’t matter if Corey Raymond was the cb coach
Snowball's chance in **** with Surtain... I'll acknowledge that one.
But given the relationship with Campbell and degree of interest demonstrated, "never coming here" is a stretch. Never coming here in light of Rumph's inability to sell? Sure.

preach

Snowball's chance in **** with Surtain... I'll acknowledge that one.
But given the relationship with Campbell and degree of interest demonstrated, "never coming here" is a stretch. Never coming here in light of Rumph's inability to sell? Sure.
Sell or buy?

And I think that’s part of the regression of the defense. We haven’t been able to get 2 DTs to provide quality play at the same time like McIntosh and Norton
I can't disagree. I've been saying since Richt got here that Manny was not focused enough on recruiting and did it wrong. He's improving that as HC but we're not where we need to be. Now stack another top DT next year and we'll be making progress at DT. Evals matter too, however. RJ and Norton were Dorito evals, and they turned out pretty solid. (Dorito sucked as a coordinator, but his evals were pretty decent at DL, LB and S.) Let's see whether Manny's DL evals turn out well. Holley, Hunte and Blissett, e.g. Last year we took only one interior DL kid (Roberts). So not a lot of room for error here.

Advertisement
Back