Cornerbacks in the portal

Advertisement
From 24/7---"One of those players Diaz could be referring to, although he cannot specifically say his name, is Deerfield Beach three-star cornerback Phillip Obrien, an Auburn commit with a Miami offer who recently announced he would not sign early although he still intends on being a mid-year enrollee. O'Brien played with current Hurricanes Jaylan Knighton and Xavier Restrepo at Deerfield Beach.

Has some length at 6-2/6-3---Phillip O'Brien Jr. - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN
Phillip O'Brien, 2021 Safety - Rivals.com

Hudl Film

@Coach Macho

Need 2. At least 1 of those guys needs to have multiple years of eligibility. Maybe we take Delancy now.

Advertisement
The assistant coaches aren't just responsible for recruiting the position they coach. The OL coach doesn't just go after O-lineman, etc... Those *****ing about Rumph not landing DBs are off, people know this right?
Ok so Rumph doesn’t just suck at recruiting for his position. He sucks at recruiting football players in general? Got it. Great hire.

The assistant coaches aren't just responsible for recruiting the position they coach. The OL coach doesn't just go after O-lineman, etc... Those *****ing about Rumph not landing DBs are off, people know this right?
😂😂😂 that this is the best defense for Rumph is that it’s not all his fault other coaches should share the blame in not being able to get players that he will be coaching? 😂😂😂

So please tell me what player that’s not a CB was Rumph part of getting to sign here since for whatever reason he can’t recruit CBs?

You would agree Rumph isn’t good at recruiting CBs right? It’s pretty common knowledge at this point but I want to make sure that I’m not talking to Rumph himself or his momma 😂

Advertisement
You are not wrong that Manny and Baker share in the blame, but whatever the corners have been doing for the last two years is an indictment on Rumph (as well as the scheme). The bottom line is these guys are generally regressing, and are either taught ****** technique or are not listening to him.

How many times do you need to see Ivey or Blades staring at the back of a guy’s jersey with their hands in their pockets before you blame Rumph? We have five corners on the roster, hardly enough to even have a scout team. Even if he is not 100% to blame, he is a large percent. The bottom line is, as your name eludes to, if he was not on the 2001 team there is not a single person on this board that would want him here.

Advertisement
Seemed like the first couple years he was developing talent. Which we could live with. But the last couple years seems like the players are regressing an he cant recruit. I've never said one word about Rumph but it's his time to go! Baker and Patke can kick rocks too

Advertisement
Seemed like the first couple years he was developing talent. Which we could live with. But the last couple years seems like the players are regressing an he cant recruit. I've never said one word about Rumph but it's his time to go! Baker and Patke can kick rocks too
He was a bad recruiter from his 1st day here and now how motivated can he really be when he knows they have wanted to fire him the last couple years.

He was a bad recruiter from his 1st day here and now how motivated can he really be when he knows they have wanted to fire him the last couple years.
True my point was Corn, Mike Jack coming out of no where, Bandys Soph year looked like he was developing what he had at least but since then it's like the corners have regressed and hes still **** at recruiting

I’m not defending or advocating for Rumps. Just stating that bc we didn’t sign many DBs isn’t necessarily on Rumph.
He was only attributed 1 signee this period.

The rest of the staff breakdown...

Advertisement
Back