Corn Elder

Harpdog

Redshirt Freshman
To all of the experts Bashing AL for not having Elder starting as the kick returning. What would you be saying if he got hurt returning a kick and now we are F**ked at corner for the rest of the year. It is the same reason the Dolphins are keeping LaMike James to return kicks even though Landry is much better. If the player is too important to your team to get hurt you keep him off special teams.

Advertisement
I'd take the chance. We need that electricity on special teams right now because this is the most athletically mediocre team I've ever seen at Miami. We have nobody on this team with any wiggle.

To all of the experts Bashing AL for not having Elder starting as the kick returning. What would you be saying if he got hurt returning a kick and now we are F**ked at corner for the rest of the year. It is the same reason the Dolphins are keeping LaMike James to return kicks even though Landry is much better. If the player is too important to your team to get hurt you keep him off special teams.

We won a championship with Andre Johnson as our kickoff returner. Reggie Bush returned kicks when he won the Heisman. Edelman is New England's top receiver and he returns punts.

There are a million more examples but you get the picture. The returner group we finished with is the right one, although I might replace Walton with Lewis on kick offs.

dear goldenite....playing not to lose or playing not to get hurt is a loser mentality.

By your position, we should keep a very dynamic athlete off the field to "save" him so he doesn't get hurt. Of course this line of thinking is appropriate in certain situations (i.e., not taking duke out of the game at Vtech last yr).

Put your best players in the game at every opportunity to allow them to make plays.

Advertisement

We won a championship with Andre Johnson as our kickoff returner. Reggie Bush returned kicks when he won the Heisman. Edelman is New England's top receiver and he returns punts.

There are a million more examples but you get the picture. The returner group we finished with is the right one, although I might replace Walton with Lewis on kick offs.

I'd have Corn return punts; not kickoffs. Though he'd likely be electric there as well, as he was when he got a couple opportunities early in his career, he is really slight and we really need him at CB. Benefits outweigh the potential costs on punts, though.

No I am simply saying your stars do not play special teams. name me 5 players in the NFL that retutn kicks and are the best WR or CB on their team? Also how was Andre johnson in the Pro's returning kicks? Yes I can remember Dieon Sanders doing it, but in the NFL almost no one has there best players doing it. So you are calling the Smartest 32 football coaches in the world dumb?

Is Berrios not an elite athlete? Is he not quicker and faster than Elder? Is he not a inside Wr use to catching sure handed punts. People against Stacy Coley returning punts and kicks? Buy have people turned on these 2. And yet no props to the staff for Corn even on the team. There were other boards so upset that some guy named Corn was playing ahead of the 5 star Tracy Howard. Glad the coaches can develop the next man up. But the agenda has been set I guess.

I'd have Corn return punts; not kickoffs. Though he'd likely be electric there as well, as he was when he got a couple opportunities early in his career, he is really slight and we really need him at CB. Benefits outweigh the potential costs on punts, though.

Agreed. I like Gray as our primary KR.

Advertisement

I think Gray would be a good returner but we are down to 3 rb's and at least 1 is going to get injured. cant risk him

That being said if you are playing a close game with FSU and want to let him(Elder) return a few kicks that game im all in! Just only in the biggest games!

No I am simply saying your stars do not play special teams. name me 5 players in the NFL that retutn kicks and are the best WR or CB on their team? Also how was Andre johnson in the Pro's returning kicks? Yes I can remember Dieon Sanders doing it, but in the NFL almost no one has there best players doing it. So you are calling the Smartest 32 football coaches in the world dumb?

That's the NFL, where they can sign guys who's specialty is returning kicks.

He's the most exciting return man since Devon Hester & he'll give people plenty to think about.

I'd take the chance. We need that electricity on special teams right now because this is the most athletically mediocre team I've ever seen at Miami. We have nobody on this team with any wiggle.

Advertisement
Once upon a time we had Santana moss, Andre Johnson, Philip Buchanan, and Sean Taylor returning kicks. Now we're scared to put corn elder back there. This whole program is so pussified.

Special teams used to be one of our edges. We've always had somebody at PR/KR that could house one at any moment. Our recruiting ground is filled with these type of athletes.

A kid we were supposed to sign is currently doing it at Georgia.

I think a Miami team should always have that edge. You can flip the momentum of a game in just one kick return.

Special teams used to be one of our edges. We've always had somebody at PR/KR that could house one at any moment. Our recruiting ground is filled with these type of athletes.

I think a Miami team should always have that edge. You can flip the momentum of a game in just one kick return.

1/3 of the game is specials

Advertisement
Once upon a time we had Santana moss, Andre Johnson, Philip Buchanan, and Sean Taylor returning kicks. Now we're scared to put corn elder back there. This whole program is so pussified.

Some of those guys returned kicks when losing them at their position would have marginal or no effect on the team. If you want to blame anything, blame Golden for having a program located in South F'in Florida with 3 experienced Corners and 3 total RBs (after the Gus injury). And, no one bring up the lost schollys, as we have a ****boat of dead weight on the roster.

I think Gray would be a good returner but we are down to 3 rb's and at least 1 is going to get injured. cant risk him

We also have Tracy, Artie and Corn as our three cb's, and a bunch of unknowns after those three.

Corn looked great returning punts, but the last thing we need is for some opponents 3rd string linebacker going helmet to helmet on Corn when he's waiting for the punt.

Is Berrios not an elite athlete? Is he not quicker and faster than Elder? Is he not a inside Wr use to catching sure handed punts. People against Stacy Coley returning punts and kicks? Buy have people turned on these 2. And yet no props to the staff for Corn even on the team. There were other boards so upset that some guy named Corn was playing ahead of the 5 star Tracy Howard. Glad the coaches can develop the next man up. But the agenda has been set I guess.
What on field evidence have wee seen so far to back up the claim that Berrios is an "elite athlete" or that he is better than Elder at returning kicks? The bottom line is Elder looked **** good yesterday and has that ability to single handedly keep us in games like Hester and Moss did back in the day.

1/3 of the game is specials

In reality it's not. Just look at the number of offensive plays, defensive plays and special teams plays.

Advertisement
Back