Corn Elder & Derrick Griffin

Both have less than a 50% chance to make it into school at this point in time...

Both will reportedly play both football and basketball at the U. Just wondering does anyone remember anyone good who did both? I assume they will end up just sticking with one sport.

Advertisement
Love to first see Griffn academicallly qualify. Understand athletes have access to tutoring and special help, but how can anyone expect a kid struggling to qualify to play two sports? That picture is hard to fathom.

Advertisement
Both have less than a 50% chance to make it into school at this point in time...

Both will reportedly play both football and basketball at the U. Just wondering does anyone remember anyone good who did both? I assume they will end up just sticking with one sport.

Did you just pull that number out of your *** or are you gonna drop a source?

Elder wasn't a big time basketball recruit, so I'd expect that experiment to be short lived. Griffin is a legit prospect in both, but it's extremely hard to pull off both. Maybe for a season or two, but then he'll probably have to choose.

Justin Gage, Nate Robinson & Antwaan Randle El are some others that have done it. Texas A&M had 2 play both in the same season - Jerrod Johnson & Martellus Bennett.

The last recruit I can think of who was expected to not just play, but excel at both was Ronald Curry at UNC.

I believe a few recruiting sites rated Corn as a 3 star.

Advertisement
A pretty fair QB at Pitt a few years ago, named Marino. Baseball draftee. Played both at Pitt.

We wont know about Griffin till after the summer, that is when he is retaking his test.

No. Lockley however is a third member that will have a very difficult time passing admissions at UM...

I though Elder was good. Are thinking about R. Lockley?

Advertisement
It's really tough and if possible two sport participation should be discouraged. Charlie Ward and Bo Jackson in my opinion were the two that pulled it off.

Advertisement

I'm betting that number came right out of the brown eye.

I'm betting that number came right out of the brown eye.

He's playing the odds for sure. Everyone knows Griffin is a long shot. He's tossing Elder in to make it look like he knows something no one else does. Old ploy of the fake insider.

Advertisement
Back