2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does mario get paid 8 million dollars a year for?
Not going 5-7, but to speak negatively about a Top 10 class after going 5-7 with a squad full of completely dog**** players isn't the big brain move people make it out to be.

Advertisement
Hey, man. Maybe we need to cosider that he signs with an HBCU. Like…Bethune-Cookman…?

Top class for us was implied in my original statement. Are you saying this isn’t a great recruiting class?

Stop trying to put words in my mouth, lol. I didn’t say anything about our class to you, I was talking about that goofy *** logic you used.

Your original statement said “top recruiting class”. You didn’t use the words “for us”, stop the 🧢. I was just laughing at that ridiculous logic you used regarding it being our best since 08, so it’s a top class lol. #7 class is not a “top ranked class”. Thats just objective fact.

This will be Colorado’s highest rated class of all time and it will still finish outside of the top 30, is it a “top ranked recruiting class”? Cause using that logic you used to call ours that, it should be.

I know what I want, but I cannot answer that last line on behalf of the program. I don't know.
It’s just based on what’s expected from the HC & what people are willing to settle with as fans...

I’m actually fine with being a slightly better team in the 9-3, occasional 10-2 category, because it’s significantly better than being in the 5-7/7-5 grouping we’re normally in, it just comes down to how we get there.

Now, if people think we have a playoff caliber Coach, then obviously that’s not acceptable, but if not, then that’s commensurate to the quality of the HC. It’s simply a matter of what standard we’re holding him to.

Stop trying to put words in my mouth, lol. I didn’t say anything about our class to you, I was talking about that goofy *** logic you used.

Your original statement said “top recruiting class”. You didn’t use the words “for us”, stop the 🧢. I was just laughing at that ridiculous logic you used regarding it being our best since 08, so it’s a top class lol.

This will be Colorado’s highest rated class of all time and it will still finish outside of the top 30, is it a “top ranked recruiting class”? Cause using that logic you used to call ours that, it should be.
The original comment was the one he quoted, not the one you quoted but go on pal keep swinging away without context.

We have a top class, it’s ranked #4. Does that make you feel better ?

Advertisement
Not going 5-7, but to speak negatively about a Top 10 class after going 5-7 with a squad full of completely dog**** players isn't the big brain move people make it out to be.
You say "after going 5-7" like mario took over the team in december. A week ago it was people being mopes about the season despite a top 3 class, and now you should just be happy with a top 10 class lol

This.

You don’t need the number one class to be able to compete for championships. Clemson has shown us the formula.

Land Top 10 classes on a consistent basis and now you’ve got the talent to be in the conversation.

But you still need to have a program with cutting edge facilities, S&C, nutrition and that little ingredient called a coaching staff.

Programs win titles - not players.
And again if this program continues this kind of recruiting and is hitting the 10 wins mark, with the investment into the program, this in turn will improve the recruiting and in turn class rankings. This program, when winning, has cache

The original comment was the one he quoted, not the one you quoted but go on pal keep swinging away without context.

We have a top class, it’s ranked #4. Does that make you feel better ?

Cool, bro.

7F7FCB71-820A-4781-AC48-953CAFC37D99.jpeg

Advertisement
I bet you at some point before signing day that there will be some news about McClain not being done with Miami yet and it will get all of you back on board with him coming here.

It’s not like we are going to give up and stop recruiting him. Even if he flips to CU tomorrow, just watch lol.
That's what I'm saying DVD could be put on staff in couple weeks, then what's gonna be the excuse

Bruh it’s got nothing to do with DVD

Whether he’s in the staff or not, it ain’t making a difference kid wants to be in that prime documentary and play for Deion

That narrative has taken over the board and it’s just not logical
Exactly what I was thinking that narrative doesn't make sense to me either because DVD been here for years already and not going anywhere. That got me thinking football is not the priority for Cormani he wants to be in the spotlight and in tv movie type limelight

Advertisement
It boils down to which approach you take in your 4 year plan to build your program...

If we’re taking the UGA approach in which we’re trying to be an overpowering team that isn’t as reliant on schematic advantage, then you have to absolutely crush it in recruiting & to @RightSaidFred point, top 3-5 classes is the only way we can become a perennial contender using that methodology.

Having top 10 classes can suffice when combined with good schematics; see Clemson, LSU, Oh ST etc..

But if we’re not following those models for building & going the Bama/UGA route, you can’t settle for anything less than multiple top 5 classes in that scenario, unfortunately.

It’s imperative to win Elite recruiting battles when you don’t have great coordinators, because otherwise you end up in the TAMU, ND, Texas, Penn ST etc category of always being teams that recruit well but never well enough to get over the hump. It’s definitely better than where we’ve been as program for the last 20+ years, but then you gotta ask, is that what we’re aiming for?
I'd say we're taking the UGA approach but this year's class isn't the end all be all. Nothing is written until it actually is, so I'd like to think that the following classes will be better than '23. UGA's 2016 class was ranked 8th. How bout we all just wait and see how this develops...

You say "after going 5-7" like mario took over the team in december. A week ago it was people being mopes about the season despite a top 3 class, and now you should just be happy with a top 10 class lol
I never said the second part, stop putting words in my mouth. If you wanna ***** about a Top 10 class with the current state the program is in, go ahead, but a ***** is a ***** and will be called one.

Advertisement
It boils down to which approach you take in your 4 year plan to build your program...

If we’re taking the UGA approach in which we’re trying to be an overpowering team that isn’t as reliant on schematic advantage, then you have to absolutely crush it in recruiting & to @RightSaidFred point, top 3-5 classes is the only way we can become a perennial contender using that methodology.

Having top 10 classes can suffice when combined with good schematics; see Clemson, LSU, Oh ST etc..

But if we’re not following those models for building & going the Bama/UGA route, you can’t settle for anything less than multiple top 5 classes in that scenario, unfortunately.

It’s imperative to win Elite recruiting battles when you don’t have great coordinators, because otherwise you end up in the TAMU, ND, Texas, Penn ST etc category of always being teams that recruit well but never well enough to get over the hump. It’s definitely better than where we’ve been as program for the last 20+ years, but then you gotta ask, is that what we’re aiming for?
You are aware the first year for Kirby Smart class was #10 and I am not sure on Saban either. After that then they were consistently top 5

Again let’s try and clear this up for you guys, not screaming just want to be legible

NOBODY IS SAYING CHAMPIONSHIP OR CHAMPIONSHIP CLASS WITH THIS ONE EVERY RATIONAL COMMON SENSE PERSON IS JUST SAYING THIS IS A GREAT BUILDING BLOCK CLASS NOTHING MORE

Now obviously we need to wait and see how it continues going forward.

But there is reason for optimism
1) the recruiting prowess of Mario, which is proven and priority #1 for him
2) and just as important a real $$$$ investment into the program, facilities, recruiting

I never said the second part, stop putting words in my mouth. If you wanna ***** about a Top 10 class with the current state the program is in, go ahead, but a ***** is a ***** and will be called one.
Again you say the current state of the program as if mario had no role in it. Watch how you're talking you german ***aloon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back