2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Georgia blew the doors off TCU. That's the standard you want us to live up to? I want us to out-talent Georgia and Alabama. When Miami is good, we out-talent people. That means Mario has to roll up his sleeves and beat them on the recruiting trail. He didn't get that done this cycle.
And Georgia had a walkon starting at QB and another 0* starting at WR. It isn’t just recruiting as UGA clearly has put lesser talent in positions to win big games. I’d say Mario did good enough with this class so long as he keeps landing top 5 classes year over year over year.

Last I checked TCU just competed for one and hasn’t had a top 10 class in a long time.
homer simpson doh GIF

Advertisement
I never blasted Mario during the season like so many others did, and I won't next season as well. Because I'm old enough to have lived through the Canes glory years, when you had exactly two types of seasons possible - championship seasons, and throwaway seasons. Nobody cared about finishing top 10 in anything. You're either the best or you're not.

That's the standard I'm interested in getting back to. The minute I believe it's not possible is the minute I stop following the Canes. So I never cared about the '22 season, because it was destined to be a throwaway year from the start. I feel similarly about next year as well - we ain't winning ****, so whatever we do in the portal or coaching wise doesn't mean **** to me. The only thing I care about at this point in the rebuild is high school recruiting. Mario needs to stack at least 3-4 top 5 classes to even have Miami in the hunt. And if Mario doesn't go top 5 this year, then all it does is reset the clock and make not only next year a throwaway season, but the season after that as well.

This is a good class if you're interested in ACC play. It's not a good class if you're interested in beating Georgia. If we don't finish top 5, then the earliest we can stack enough good classes to compete for anything that matters would be 2026.
That’s fair weather fan to a T. You only care about Miami football when they’re championship level? I mean, the seasons are definitely more interesting but for most fans I don’t think that’s how it works lol. You can’t just care about your team when you’re winning championships, at least in my mind.

I've been following recruiting since the Randy Shannon years. EVERY year y'all say our recruits are underrated, and you're proven wrong again and again and again. I guess you'd rather be hopeful than realistic which is fine. But for me, Mario is failing if he doesn't land top 5 classes every year because recruiting is what he was hired to do. Right now, his bump class with a billionaire backing him in NIL is marginally better than Manny's last class or CMR's bump class.

If Mario reminds me of anyone, it's Al Golden. You guys defended his classes as well. I got banned once for saying Nigel Bethel and Nate Dortch were trash recruits, because everyone wanted to think they were undiscovered gems and everyone wanted to defend Golden. Well here we are again.

Nigel Bethel was Richt, not Golden but yeah lol.

I love the class, but I agree with you, #7 aint good enough.

And Georgia had a walkon starting at QB and another 0* starting at WR. It isn’t just recruiting as UGA clearly has put lesser talent in positions to win big games. I’d say Mario did good enough with this class so long as he keeps landing top 5 classes year over year over year.

Bro, Georgia has been killing it on the trail for years.

2018- #3 Ranked Recruiting Class
2019 - #1 Ranked Recruiting Class
2020 - #1 Ranked Recruiting Class
2021 - #4 Ranked Recruiting Class

It's not a mystery why they won the natty. The formula is not hard to figure out. If Miami can copy this template, we'll win one as well. #7 ain't it.

I'll make the same point to you that I've made to others. It's a good enough class if your goal is to win 10 games. It's not a good enough class to compete with Alabama and Georgia. And that's all I'm interested in.

To your other point, yes line of scrimmage is important in football. So is Quarterback. So is DT, which is part of the line of scrimmage and arguably the most important part. We didn't address those positions at all. And I would disagree that we addressed linebacker. We might have upgraded, but that's about the best that can be said.

Again, the class is good enough to win consolation prizes like a 10 win season in a couple years, it's not a championship class.
And who is saying this is a championship class? Nobody is stating that. But one can say it is a foundation class to build off of, hopefully. Please show me where a coach goes into a ****show of a program and immediately turns it around? You mentioned Georgia, how many years of top level classes did it take to build it into what it is now? With who at QB exactly?

It is difficult to address all positions, and more importantly hit on all positions in one class.

Yes it is fair to say we didn’t address some positions in this class in the manner we would like, but nobody is claiming championship, but is it not fair to state this is a very good building block?

And history and common sense says that with the performance of last year, we are able to garner a class like this, then the consolation 10 win seasons will improve recruiting and build up that talent level. Just like Alabama and Georgia and other great programs, like UM, have done in the past.

There is no immediate results, it has to starts somewhere, this class is a good start to building towards that.

And that is all anyone is saying, nothing more.

What is obvious though, with takes like yours is there is a clear bias, a clear agenda since Mario was not your choice for HC. And so you will take a negative spin on anything he does or doesn’t do to prove your point of why he sucks and shouldn’t be the HC.

Advertisement

It's not a mystery why they won the natty. The formula is not hard to figure out. If Miami can copy this template, we'll win one as well. #7 ain't it.
Bruh you are so ******* annoying complaining about a top ranked recruiting class, especially after the year we had (when it’s not even done yet AND while admittedly ignoring the top portal players we’ve gotten)

Do yourself and the board a favor and go follow UGA or Bama since it seems like you care about recruiting rankings more than anything else

First year his class was 10th in 2016 and then I believe #5 in 2017 horrible outcome for Georgia since I guess

Bruh you are so ******* annoying complaining about a top ranked recruiting class, especially after the year we had (when it’s not even done yet AND while admittedly ignoring the top portal players we’ve gotten)

Do yourself and the board a favor and go follow UGA or Bama since it seems like you care about recruiting rankings more than anything else

It's not a top ranked recruiting class, it's 7th place. Alabama has the top ranked recruiting class.

This.

You don’t need the number one class to be able to compete for championships. Clemson has shown us the formula.

Land Top 10 classes on a consistent basis and now you’ve got the talent to be in the conversation.

But you still need to have a program with cutting edge facilities, S&C, nutrition and that little ingredient called a coaching staff.

Programs win titles - not players.

Advertisement
It boils down to which approach you take in your 4 year plan to build your program...

If we’re taking the UGA approach in which we’re trying to be an overpowering team that isn’t as reliant on schematic advantage, then you have to absolutely crush it in recruiting & to @RightSaidFred point, top 3-5 classes is the only way we can become a perennial contender using that methodology.

Having top 10 classes can suffice when combined with good schematics; see Clemson, LSU, Oh ST etc..

But if we’re not following those models for building & going the Bama/UGA route, you can’t settle for anything less than multiple top 5 classes in that scenario, unfortunately.

It’s imperative to win Elite recruiting battles when you don’t have great coordinators, because otherwise you end up in the TAMU, ND, Texas, Penn ST etc category of always being teams that recruit well but never well enough to get over the hump. It’s definitely better than where we’ve been as program for the last 20+ years, but then you gotta ask, is that what we’re aiming for?

It's not a top ranked recruiting class, it's 7th place. Alabama has the top ranked recruiting class.
It’s the best class we’ve had since 2008 so yeah it’s a top class. We haven’t had a class like this since you were in the womb I’m guessing

The portal / hs class is incredible. If you want to be miserable go ahead but just know that the stuff you’re saying is straight stupidity

Advertisement
It boils down to which approach you take in your 4 year plan to build your program...

If we’re taking the UGA approach in which we’re trying to be an overpowering team that isn’t as reliant on schematic advantage, then you have to absolutely crush it in recruiting & to @RightSaidFred point, top 3-5 classes is the only way we can become a perennial contender using that methodology.

Having top 10 classes can suffice when combined with good schematics; see Clemson, LSU, Oh ST etc..

But if we’re not following those models for building & going the Bama/UGA route, you can’t settle for anything less than multiple top 5 classes in that scenario, unfortunately.

It’s imperative to win Elite recruiting battles when you don’t have great coordinators, because otherwise you end up in the TAMU, ND, Texas, Penn ST etc category of always being teams that recruit well but never well enough to get over the hump. It’s definitely better than where we’ve been as program for the last 20+ years, but then you gotta ask, is that what we’re aiming for?
I know what I want, but I cannot answer that last line on behalf of the program. I don't know.

Boy that’s some wild logic right there Jesus Christ 😂😂😂😂😂😂.
Top class for us was implied in my original statement. Are you saying this isn’t a great recruiting class?

We’re #4 lmao. What do you guys expect, where is Ohio state and Clemson?

If cormani dips and we drop and your opinion changes so much from falling because of cormani then you’re just ignorant and only care about the optics of the team rankings
2B90021F-CF63-4A88-AF24-D163F68EDA36.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back