2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I've been following recruiting since the Randy Shannon years. EVERY year y'all say our recruits are underrated, and you're proven wrong again and again and again. I guess you'd rather be hopeful than realistic which is fine. But for me, Mario is failing if he doesn't land top 5 classes every year because recruiting is what he was hired to do. Right now, his bump class with a billionaire backing him in NIL is marginally better than Manny's last class or CMR's bump class.

If Mario reminds me of anyone, it's Al Golden. You guys defended his classes as well. I got banned once for saying Nigel Bethel and Nate Dortch were trash recruits, because everyone wanted to think they were undiscovered gems and everyone wanted to defend Golden. Well here we are again.
Al Golden evaluated, signed, and helped develop multiple top 10 NFL draft picks as a head coach??

I've been following recruiting since the Randy Shannon years. EVERY year y'all say our recruits are underrated, and you're proven wrong again and again and again. I guess you'd rather be hopeful than realistic which is fine. But for me, Mario is failing if he doesn't land top 5 classes every year because recruiting is what he was hired to do. Right now, his bump class with a billionaire backing him in NIL is marginally better than Manny's last class or CMR's bump class.

If Mario reminds me of anyone, it's Al Golden. You guys defended his classes as well. I got banned once for saying Nigel Bethel and Nate Dortch were trash recruits, because everyone wanted to think they were undiscovered gems and everyone wanted to defend Golden. Well here we are again.
This is one of the worst posts I’ve ever read here

That’s saying a lot

Just because you are passionate about a stance doesn’t make it any less asinine

Al Golden evaluated, signed, and helped develop multiple top 10 NFL draft picks as a head coach??

And he didn't win ****. I see a lot of Al Golden in Mario. Some of Mario's players will also be drafted highly, but he'll never win **** here unless he can stack... and 7th place isn't stacking.

And he didn't win ****. I see a lot of Al Golden in Mario. Some of Mario's players will also be drafted highly, but he'll never win **** here unless he can stack... and 7th place isn't stacking.
Lol, that’s not what I asked you. And he did win a Rose Bowl, which regardless of your personal opinion is something Al Golden couldn’t dream of doing. But keep flailing away.

Advertisement
This is one of the worst posts I’ve ever read here

That’s saying a lot

Just because you are passionate about a stance doesn’t make it any less asinine

Since you didn't bother to say why, then I can only assume you're high on hopium, and I don't blame you for it. You can keep believing in Mario for a couple years before reality stares you in the face.

Since you didn't bother to say why, then I can only assume you're high on hopium, and I don't blame you for it. You can keep believing in Mario for a couple years before reality stares you in the face.
Yeah totally

I’m not expecting you to understand why it’s so bad, because if you did you wouldn’t have said it in the first place

Lol, that’s not what I asked you. And he did win a Rose Bowl, which regardless of your personal opinion is something Al Golden couldn’t dream of doing. But keep flailing away.

You didn't ask me anything. Golden did have NFL picks on his team, and he had far more JAGS. He didn't have enough talent to win anything meaningful. I see similar things to Mario's class. We have some future NFL picks in there, but a lot of 3-star filler as well. And we don't have enough top end talent to compete with the elite teams which is all I'm really interested in.

people won't want to believe that

they would rather believe our staff is incompetent and that we blew it rather than the reality of what NIL has created (both good and bad)
Maybe he is right. Bad parents and bad agents will destroy a lot of promising players.

Advertisement
Jerry in today’s NFL? Brother, he might avg. 1800 yrds/season. Undoubtedly I’m taking him #1. Jerry is in the discussion for greatest FB player regardless of position. His work ethic is unfathomable. He & Walter may be two guys who didn’t have the greatest natural abilities, (Jerry had horrible hands initially), but their work ethics?? Forget about it.
Jerry had strong af hands...his Dad was a Brick Mason and Jerry worked with him alot. I read a story about it. Love Rice....but my Favorite WR ever was Warfield....he had it all. People forget how ridiculously good he was. Graceful, Crazy good hands, PRECISE route running...and the best over the shoulder catches ever.

You didn't ask me anything. Golden did have NFL picks on his team, and he had far more JAGS. He didn't have enough talent to win anything meaningful. I see similar things to Mario's class. We have some future NFL picks in there, but a lot of 3-star filler as well. And we don't have enough top end talent to compete with the elite teams which is all I'm really interested in.
I asked you a specific question, so now I’ll help you with the answer.

No Al Golden has not evaluated, signed and helped develop multiple top 10 NFL draft picks like Mario has. That’s one of a few reasons why your comparison is laughable.

It's not a good enough class to put us back in to championship contention, and that's all I care about. I grew up watching the Canes during the glory years, I'm not interested in "top 10" anything. I'm interested in competing for titles and a #7 class isn't going to get us there.

It's not like Mario is some X's and O's guru who can overcome a talent gap. He's supposed to be.a recruiter, and we have a billionaire backing our NIL... yet 7th place is the best we can do in Mario's bump class?

Not good.
If stacked with other top 10 classes, history shows that in fact can get us there talent wise. Our problems has been that we can’t sustain the recruiting. Hence why we only have had 4 in 20 years. Let’s set that aside though, as I was responding to your comment that the 23 class was a run of the mill class for Miami which is just false.

Advertisement
I asked you a specific question, so now I’ll help you with the answer.

No Al Golden has not evaluated, signed and helped develop multiple top 10 NFL draft picks like Mario has. That’s one of a few reasons why your comparison is laughable.

If you want to believe Miami's class is underrated, go right ahead. It's never been true before, but maybe the 5th time is the charm, right?

I guess we'll find out in 2 or 3 years if we're playing in the national championship game, then I'll come back on here and say AboutTheU05 was right all along. But somehow I doubt it

Advertisement
Jerry in today’s NFL? Brother, he might avg. 1800 yrds/season. Undoubtedly I’m taking him #1. Jerry is in the discussion for greatest FB player regardless of position. His work ethic is unfathomable. He & Walter may be two guys who didn’t have the greatest natural abilities, (Jerry had horrible hands initially), but their work ethics?? Forget about it.

I want to argue with you, but I’m watching a Rickey Henderson show on MLB and I’m consumed with greatness. He was one of the best to ever laces them up on the diamond.

If I think of reasonable football players to add like Lawrence Taylor, I’ll reenter!

If stacked with other top 10 classes, history shows that in fact can get us there talent wise. Our problems has been that we can’t sustain the recruiting. Hence why we only have had 4 in 20 years. Let’s set that aside though, as I was responding to your comment that the 23 class was a run of the mill class for Miami which is just false.

It's a matter of perspective. I could say we've had 3 classes ranked in the 5-15 range in the last five years. That makes this class just another "good" class by Miami fan standards, but not anything close to elite like Alabama's class, Georgia's class.

Get em, Freddy! Get em all!!!

Was a dumb battle to pick on my part, honestly. Fighting everyone's desire to believe that everything is fine and we're on the right track. What I'm suggesting is that the future looks bleaker than we thought, and that's the medicine nobody wants to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back