2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
1672424512670.png

1672424574975.png

1672425801721.png

Last edited:
Deon has somebody on his staff with big connections to Lakeland. Plus he has Barstool in his corner. On top of that he’s working on other ways to competing with NIL. I don’t think they’ll be a big player with the NIL / recruiting game but I do believe he wants to have a shocker every year until they get things rolling.The guy is a hustler and a salesman, he’s one of the best self promoters in history. So he knows how to draw attention to himself and his program. Even if it’s just being connected to the best unsigned player out there.

They’ve definitely been sniffing around him leading up to ESD. Even though people close to the situation didn’t buy that.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Some of the issues have. Imo one issue is DVD staying / being added on field. But that’s just my own opinion / theory.
Yeah I'm hoping Mario finds a way to keep him here and get him on the field. Hoping its steele to an advisory role strong bumps up and DVD to corners. Just wishful thinking at this point

Bluestein (a respected part of the recruiting community) did quite a long interview with a former cane (Donno) and said quite clearly that he understands that a documentary is being filmed about Cormani and that he cannot give interviews (about recruiting) because he gave the production crew an exclusive. It did not sound like a rumor at all. Blustein's a pretty serious professional.
Deion going to pull off one of the biggest troll jobs of all time at our expense. SMH.

Advertisement
That part is true. They canceled their ceremony on ESD and pushed it back. I heard talk of possibly doing one in Jan.
I’m gonna celebrate christmas in July and 4th of July in january cause yeah Cormani calendar

Some of the issues have. Imo one issue is DVD staying / being added on field. But that’s just my own opinion / theory.
If Addae is out of here how hard can that be to resolve? It could be done already. Unless they are bringing in a new DC who will have autonomy.

Yeah I'm hoping Mario finds a way to keep him here and get him on the field. Hoping its steele to an advisory role strong bumps up and DVD to corners. Just wishful thinking at this point
Mario operates on his own timeline, and I doubt he will have his staff reorganized any time soon. Certainly not before Cormani makes his decision.

That’s what caused my confusion. He can’t sign jack until Feb at this point. Just FA paperwork.

Exactly and as you already know, and I don’t have to tell you, but that paperwork is non-binding. He could sign 20 of those for 20 different schools if he wanted to. We’ve had people sign those before, and then not ultimately sign their LOI with us.

Advertisement
Exactly and as you already know, and I don’t have to tell you, but that paperwork is non-binding. He could sign 20 of those for 20 different schools if he wanted to. We’ve had people sign those before, and then not ultimately sign their LOI with us.

Yes.

And for all the nervous nellies who were pitching fits about "just sign something"...

There are differences between the various binding documents that start with "N" and the various non-binding documents. And this stuff has become veeerrrrrry complicated the last few years, both on timing and impact.

Watched it last week. Crazy.
Big time. Had to now add hydrothermal steam to the list of ways I'd prefer not to die or be irreparably harmed. Crazy that the newlywed dude was still able to fire off that vm to his mom.

when there's this much misdirection that even trusted insiders have no confidence in anything, it usually means things are in motion with another school.

my guess is 1/15: ceremony to reveal that he's enrolling at Colorado and will start classes there on 1/17, also maybe debut his documentary/biopic/nat geo special/whatever it is

Advertisement
Big time. Had to now add hydrothermal steam to the list of ways I'd prefer not to die or be irreparably harmed. Crazy that the newlywed dude was still able to fire off that vm to his mom.

I saw it, it was terrifying. Also, the negligence was incredible. Everyone was well aware that that thing could pop at any time, it had “erupted“ several times in the past decade.

If you’ve ever talked to anybody that has a ton of experience in burns or works in a burn unit, steam burns are a horror, a nightmare all their own.

I had a friend that died from burns, not steam. These were actual burns from the fire, it’s absolutely the worst way to go, and this person lingered for several days.

Wouldn't it be easier to just list the ways you'd prefer to die?

1. Not at all
2. In your sleep
3. Saving the world from an asteroid collision

Advertisement
Wonder what the percentage of the boards thinks Cormani ends up a Cane vs those who thinks he goes elsewhere

I know you don’t know the answer to this, but wtf would a ceremony on 1/15 signify if he can’t sign until 2/1? I’ve never heard of a kid having a signing ceremony on a day that’s not a signing day lol.

If he wasn’t committed and wanted to commit and had something, sure. But unless he’s flipping, I can’t imagine what anything on 1/15 would be. Hey, I’m committed to Miami, let’s have a big party to celebrate that I’m signing to Miami (even though we already did that) but I can’t actually send my LOI in for 2 weeks? Weird.
I think you just answered your own question.

Wonder what the percentage of the boards thinks Cormani ends up a Cane vs those who thinks he goes elsewhere

Looks to me he's flashing the U and wearing Canes clothes to build up to the documentary hat ceremony where he picks the school for the guy who is funding the documentary.

Always need a shocker in documentaries as most folks that will watch this aren't followers of high school recruiting.

I'd be shocked if Mario hasn't moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back