2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen classes that don’t start at the beginning of the term. He may enroll earlier but have classes with a later start date. Didn’t attend UM so have no idea how they rollout their schedule over the course of a semester.

Uhhhhh...not even sure what you are talking about.

And even if there were a few classes with unusual start dates, it's certainly not freshman-level courses.

I'm just saying, "state schools" like Colorado and Alabama are pretty regimented in their academic calendars and course offerings. Otherwise, you'd have anarchy.

Advertisement
He’s correct on that

I know you don’t know the answer to this, but wtf would a ceremony on 1/15 signify if he can’t sign until 2/1? I’ve never heard of a kid having a signing ceremony on a day that’s not a signing day lol.

If he wasn’t committed and wanted to commit and had something, sure. But unless he’s flipping, I can’t imagine what anything on 1/15 would be. Hey, I’m committed to Miami, let’s have a big party to celebrate that I’m signing to Miami (even though we already did that) but I can’t actually send my LOI in for 2 weeks? Weird.

That part is true. They canceled their ceremony on ESD and pushed it back. They wanted their own. The plan was to do one in January.

I think what started this whole thing was Cane sport or whatever that site was, posting that there was going to be a signing ceremony on January 15. And then everyone kind of ran with it. So a ceremony is one thing, but “signing“? That was emphasized in a lot of peoples’ “reports“ on it.

Advertisement
Uhhhhh...not even sure what you are talking about.

And even if there were a few classes with unusual start dates, it's certainly not freshman-level courses.

I'm just saying, "state schools" like Colorado and Alabama are pretty regimented in their academic calendars and course offerings. Otherwise, you'd have anarchy.

In my research of different college programs, I have seen classes with unusual start dates. It may have been the quarter system that you were alluding to.

I can’t remember exactly which schools or how far from the general start to the term it was. I just made a mental not that there were classes that could be enrolled in after August/January.

BTW I misread the Info I sent you @TheOriginalCane , i told you ( and posted) the plan was to sign Feb. It was actually “ the next time he could sign was Feb”. I’ve been out of the loop and I just glanced at the text a few days ago. He technically isn’t eligible to sign agin until then. But he can just show up Jan 25th if he’s EE to the school of his choice. Just have financial aid paperwork done.

I think what started this whole thing was Cane sport or whatever that site was, posting that there was going to be a signing ceremony on January 15. And then everyone kind of ran with it. So a ceremony is one thing, but “signing“? That was emphasized in a lot of peoples’ “reports“ on it.
That’s what caused my confusion. He can’t sign jack until Feb at this point. Just FA paperwork.

Dudes writing thesis' in here.

**** naw
Season 9 No GIF by The Office

Advertisement
I know you don’t know the answer to this, but wtf would a ceremony on 1/15 signify if he can’t sign until 2/1? I’ve never heard of a kid having a signing ceremony on a day that’s not a signing day lol.

If he wasn’t committed and wanted to commit and had something, sure. But unless he’s flipping, I can’t imagine what anything on 1/15 would be. Hey, I’m committed to Miami, let’s have a big party to celebrate that I’m signing to Miami (even though we already did that) but I can’t actually send my LOI in for 2 weeks? Weird.
This kid is something else...I don't give af if he's a 10*.....

BTW I misread the Info I sent you @TheOriginalCane , i told you ( and posted) the plan was to sign Feb. It was actually “ the next time he could sign was Feb”. I’ve been out of the loop and I just glanced at the text a few days ago. He technically isn’t eligible to sign agin until then. But he can just show up Jan 25th if he’s EE to the school of his choice. Just have financial aid paperwork done.

Correctamundo.

That's why that ONE POSSIBLE EXPLANATION I texted to you (the dyslexic ACT) could be something that buys time, yet still allows for January enrollment.

Florida educational system is fvcked the fvck up...

**** if I know lol. I just remember hearing something about a ceremony around then. I’ve heard a lot of BS and stuff that makes no sense the last 6-7 days.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So Colorado?
Deon has somebody on his staff with big connections to Lakeland. Plus he has Barstool in his corner. On top of that he’s working on other ways to competing with NIL. I don’t think they’ll be a big player with the NIL / recruiting game but I do believe he wants to have a shocker every year until they get things rolling.The guy is a hustler and a salesman, he’s one of the best self promoters in history. So he knows how to draw attention to himself and his program. Even if it’s just being connected to the best unsigned player out there.

They’ve definitely been sniffing around him leading up to ESD. Even though people close to the situation didn’t buy that.

Last edited:
Deon has somebody on his staff with big connections to Lakeland. Plus he has Barstool in his corner. On top of that he’s working on other ways to competing with NIL. I don’t think they’ll be a big player with the NIL / recruiting game but I do believe he wants to have a shocker every year until they get things going. The guy is a hustler and a salesman, he’s one of the best self promoters in history. So he knows how to draw attention to himself and his program. Even if it’s just being connected to the best unsigned player out there.

They’ve definitely been sniffing around him leading up to ESD. Even though people close to the situation didn’t buy that.
Did the "trending in the wrong direction" get resolved somewhat?

Advertisement
The idea that there is a documentary is rumor in and of itself.

Bluestein (a respected part of the recruiting community) did quite a long interview with a former cane (Donno) and said quite clearly that he understands that a documentary is being filmed about Cormani and that he cannot give interviews (about recruiting) because he gave the production crew an exclusive. It did not sound like a rumor at all. Blustein's a pretty serious professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back