Corey Raymond thoughts as a DC?

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
His name was brought up a lot or really whenever we ***** about Rumph as CB coach. Seems like there is no way he makes a lateral move to Miami as a CB coach, so is he a guy that is ready to become a DC? I don't really know enough about him, I like that he's worked under a guy like Dave Arranda but is he a position coach that can make the jump to become a successful DC.

Seems like he would check some major boxes for us in that he can recruit, has produced top-flight CB's just not sure if he would be a candidate from an X's and O's standpoint.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Him as a DC, I mean, the game's about COVERAGE now more than ever, and defense begins with COVERAGE. And who does Saban spend most of His time with...the DBs, Saban's a DB coach by trade.

But I'd hire a helluva D-Line coach to go with Him.

But I think the guy's an LSU lifer, sorta like Odell Haggins at FSU.

Last edited:
I understand your point but I guess my question for people in the know is does he have future DC in him? Got to believe someone is going to give him a shot sooner or later.
If I remember correctly He was Defensive coordinator at USCE

Advertisement
Advertisement
A lot of people
Your flawed logic assumes that Manny will only hire someone who has to run his defense. Past precedent (hiring Lashlee) proves that he's comfortable bringing someone in that will have completely autonomy. Im not going to pretend to know who we'd end up hiring but it's foolish to think there won't be a long list of quality names.

Advertisement
I would make him and banda co DC and move banda to LB and striker and keep Raymond at DB hire a new DL coach and another LB coach

Your flawed logic assumes that Manny will only hire someone who has to run his defense. Past precedent (hiring Lashlee) proves that he's comfortable bringing someone in that will have completely autonomy. Im not going to pretend to know who we'd end up hiring but it's foolish to think there won't be a long list of quality names.
Past precedent is meaningless, as he's not an offensive coach and has no offensive philosophy or skill. He hired Enos and gave him autonomy too.

We'll see what he does with the D. If all he does is fire Rump and leaves Baker in place to run this worn out system, then it's just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. His only hope is bringing in a new DC with a proven track record and let him run his own system. I'm not sure that will even work because I don't think Manure is a real leader of men. But that's really his only hope.

Advertisement
Back