Corey Gaynor named ACC OL of the Week

Advertisement
Advertisement
Considering what we saw last year, offensive line performance was pretty solid on thursday. It's not a dominant line that's going to push everyone around but they're significantly better than the worst P5 line in the country that we trotted out last season. Congrats to Corey. Keep it up.

Advertisement
LOL. He was one of the cispool's main targets of wrath. Goes to show you how much these imbeciles know about what they're seeing on the OL.
i'll eat my crow on that. he underwhelmed too often last season and i wasn't willing to place all of that on the ****** enos offense.

uab may have been gaynor's best game in a canes uniform. i'm optimistic he's going to play very well this season.

Advertisement
LOL. He was one of the cispool's main targets of wrath. Goes to show you how much these imbeciles know about what they're seeing on the OL.
Was thinking the same thing. There was some vitriol during the game. I do not comment on many things because I am not a football guy. The two Ivey plays are obvious but even then LCE broke down fundamentals that were over my head.

Advertisement
If you watch the game play for play, you'll see some instances where Gaynor had issues with size more than he usually does. I mean, he had a NT in his face all game. In the past, Gaynor's struggles were with quickness. In this game, he actually moved to the second level and locked up pretty well. One example of a size issue from memory: on Rooster's first long run, he tried to wall off the Nose and got tossed aside. The play was still successful because Rooster had bounced outside. Just something to look for going forward if teams line up a NT directly over. People understandably noticed Scaife's few issues, so thought it was fair to bring up all interior issues. UAB had two big dudes in the middle, so we can also just credit them. Not sure why people think all of UAB's players were "bad" and therefore our guys had to be 100% dominant.

I think I said in another post I just hope Gaynor's a steadying force. Either way, our OL helped spring our QB/RBs for 300+ in the running game, so I'm glad Gaynor got his accolade. I'll continue to try to temper expectations on Gaynor while acknowledging he's solid for us. It doesn't have to be "bench him" vs "he's a star." He can just be solid and continuously improving.

Advertisement
Back