Corey Gaynor commits to Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
The Miami Hurricanes just picked up a commitment from Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS OL Corey Gaynor.

[TWEET]803653245772111872[/TWEET]

Miami offered Gaynor on Saturday prior to the game against Duke and view him as the potential center of the future. Coaches will in-home visit with him on Friday. He was previously committed to Minnesota before the game.

Multiple local coaches have described Gaynor as "nasty" and "not a guy you want to face". He joins an offensive class of Navaughn Donaldson, Zach Dykstra, and Zalon'tae Hillery. The Canes are also still heavily pursuing Kai-Leon Herbert and Tedarrell Slaton of American Heritage.

[HUDL]video/3/3779911/5721be699a90ec554081c433[/HUDL]

Last edited:
Advertisement
3 star but we need these nasty o line guys...we have a bunch of soft dudes. Good for replacing some attrition that will happen.

Advertisement
Hear the want to groom him at centre. We need some big nasty O-Linemen.... I think he will be a good fit at C.

I like this kid's film but I am not gonna lie...I'll be disappointed if our only interior OL in this cycle are Dykstra and this kid.

He'll probably be a solid contributor as a center in year 2 or 3. Red-shirt and get your strength and weight up and then do work. Welcome to the U!

Advertisement
For you star whores and kids new to recruiting:

Projected centers tend to be lower ranked than tackles or even guards, this is a miami caliber recruit. Relax.

Advertisement
Wow, that kid punishes people. That is one mean MF'er. Im excited to see him develop.

I guarantee there will be some Green Tree tussles with him on the line.

Love the pickup. You always like lineman to play with a mean streak and he definitely does

Advertisement
Lol. Every person this dude touches ends up on their backs being piledrived into the ground. Underrated.

Advertisement
Back