Corey Flagg

Advertisement
cause stats alone in HS translate so well to P5 CFB... Charlie Jones set Dade rushing records and that didnt translate to **** at the next level. Kid looks slow at this time. Hope Im wrong cause we need LBs but the tape dont lie.
I went to high school when Jones was there thought he got beat out for the record by some other kid been years so memory could be wrong I will tell you this when I found out he was coming here I knew he wouldn’t live up to his star rating he was babied by the couching staff at south dade couldn’t even hit him in practice to much because he would break always walked around with some kind of injury unless it was his way of not to practice 🤷‍♂️ But who knows He did have a bad thick redbone girlfriend back then so I don’t blame him for not wanting to be in practice or class 😂

Advertisement
What do you look for when you see the tape of a linebacker
The name of the game here is speed. Flagg appears to have a knack for being a hard hitter, has very good instincts, and is tasked with being the leader of the defense. This along with ability to play in space and not just be a down hill player, and playing in coverage would be things I look for. Flagg checks a bunch of those boxes because he is a great, not good HS player, the problem though is that he looks slow on film and there is concern whether or not that will allow him to translate his game to the next level. Once again, I hope Im wrong but we have seen this story before. Ray Lewis III put up big numbers at his little school but it didnt translate. Dallas Crawford had how many INTs his junior and senior year but he wasn't rangy enough to play safety here. Kevin Nelson talked like he was gonna be an all time great and had great stats in HS, well he wasn't very good despite that. The first guy I mentioned broke records in Dade county, the Mecca of HS football but ultimately was a complete JAG when he got to Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The name of the game here is speed. Flagg appears to have a knack for being a hard hitter, has very good instincts, and is tasked with being the leader of the defense. This along with ability to play in space and not just be a down hill player, and playing in coverage would be things I look for. Flagg checks a bunch of those boxes because he is a great, not good HS player, the problem though is that he looks slow on film and there is concern whether or not that will allow him to translate his game to the next level. Once again, I hope Im wrong but we have seen this story before. Ray Lewis III put up big numbers at his little school but it didnt translate. Dallas Crawford had how many INTs his junior and senior year but he wasn't rangy enough to play safety here. Kevin Nelson talked like he was gonna be an all time great and had great stats in HS, well he wasn't very good despite that. The first guy I mentioned broke records in Dade county, the Mecca of HS football but ultimately was a complete JAG when he got to Miami.

Thanks man.

I appreciate your response and that you took time to write it

facts facts and more facts, this is what alot dont understand on this forum its about projection. U have to increase the speed of the game when u picture a prospect in a cane jersey because the game will be way faster.

Advertisement

Have you seen him tonight? He looks slow to you? Guess we’re seeing different games.
We will see when he gets here but he’s going vs a team that also has P5 players on it.
Speed is the name of the game? Willie Williams says hi

Except his school isn't some little *** hick school like Ray Lewis III and RLIII never ever had those types of stats.
Embellishing for clout is a ugly look.

Last edited:
Have you seen him tonight? He looks slow to you? Guess we’re seeing different games.
We will see when he gets here but he’s going vs a team that also has P5 players on it.
Speed is the name of the game? Willie Williams says hi
Sigh, I strictly have stated it’s been based on his film. Yes, speed is the name of the game, the game speeds up everytime you move to the next level. Willie Williams couldn’t stay out of trouble, don’t see how his name is relevant. We have witnessed the dark ages of Miami football since 2004 and this happens time and time again, it started with the likes of Cook, and so on and on. Once again, I want to be wrong about Flagg, I want him to be a beast, because I’m concerned about our recruiting at the position since that 2016 class.

Expect his school isn't some little *** hick school like Ray Lewis III and RLIII never ever had those types of stats.
Embellishing for clout is a ugly look.

What do you mean those type of stats? They played on different sides of the ball. Your last line is corny, because I’m not pumping sunshine, I’m looking for clout? I’m just pointing out the obvious, we blindly pump players during the recruiting cycle and then unjustifiable freak out when they aren’t what we wanted them to be.

Advertisement
Back