Cook's grandma says she thinks he is going FSU

Franchise is spot on. LMAO @ granny holding her hand out. She must not be too pleased with Cook's brother for going to UM

Advertisement
Can't blame the staff on this. They are going all out.

But thankfully, as long as Dalvin isn't annoyed by the constant attention (he HAD to have known what signing the papers meant), Grandma Cook really does not matter.

Can't blame the staff on this. They are going all out.

But thankfully, as long as Dalvin isn't annoyed by the constant attention (he HAD to have known what signing the papers meant), Grandma Cook really does not matter.

she is tipping her hand here. all those around him must think the same thing. all i know is if we didn't go hard enough they would have said miami didn't pursue hard enough so this is the way to go. it really seems like they don't care if he stays local.

I assume you are talking to me. I never once asked Pete to interview the grandma. The mom was enough for me. Clearly NOBODY knows where this kid is going so whats the point of interviewing every single family member just so that "Team XYZ" can get the answer they are looking for. If the grandma had said she thinks he is going to UM you think that FSU site would have posted the story? Its getting lame at this point. Just leave the kid and his family be until we all find out Sat.

Well played Jassid82 well played..... I thought i read more complaining but you were the only one. Just had to drop my two bits because it was alot of folks wanting to hear what the Grandmother had to say.

id rather the staff go all out rather than not at all. He signed the FAA and we would be stupid not to make up ground and take advantage of the distance. FSU would do the same if they werent 7 hours away.

Advertisement
id rather the staff go all out rather than not at all. He signed the FAA and we would be stupid not to make up ground and take advantage of the distance. FSU would do the same if they werent 7 hours away.

Agreed. I also thought these kids love the attention.

The family influence thing can go either way.

Negative

-Alex Collins and Khairi Clark families were both PRO-UM, that **** didn't work out.

-Didnt Jaynard Bostwick (Mother or Grandmother) feel most comfotable with the UM staff?

Positive

-Kellen Winslow Pops basically handed his son to UM.

-Tracy Howard Mom was rocking Gators gear and taking pics at his last high school game decked out in Florida gear, but that **** all change after that last visit before signing day.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this has become the norm with the elite of the elite in South Florida. We're always going to get the lion's share of studs down here, but we need to land more of the super-studs that have been getting away.

These are the ones FSU, Clemson, and the SEC have been poaching (for one rea$on or another). We can't compete with the "extra" stuff, but we can become the frontrunner favorite again.

We HAVE to get over the hump and make it en vogue again to stay home and win.

A big finish with this class would go a long way.

It wouldn't be annoying if he just does his home work on all three schools and make an educated decision. Coaches are only doing there job, thats how you suppose to recruit highly recruited players.

Advertisement
But But But Golden and staff not landing this kid is a FAILURE!....does this **** seem like a NORMAL recruiting situation to anyone??

The staff wouldn't be there if the kid didn't want them to visit. She might be annoyed by the extra visits but don't think for a second UF or FSU wouldn't do the same if this was their backyard. He had an official visit at Miami for the weekend and obviously the staff was trying to build a relationship and some momentum with Cook before they got him on campus for the weekend. Sounds like a case where thy finally got someone in the family to talk that would say something somewhat inappropriate, I doubt Cook is pleased that grandma said this publicly.

Unfortunately this has become the norm with the elite of the elite in South Florida. We're always going to get the lion's share of studs down here, but we need to land more of the super-studs that have been getting away.

These are the ones FSU, Clemson, and the SEC have been poaching (for one rea$on or another). We can't compete with the "extra" stuff, but we can become the frontrunner favorite again.

This would be a lot easier if we hadn't got butt-pounded by god**** Duke and VT.

Son of a ******* ***** all we had to do was not embarrass ourselves on the field. I'm still ****ed.

“That’s the worst one of them all,” Betty Cook said. “(Miami) is driving me literally crazy. All of their coaches have been here three times. Al Golden, James Coley, Hurlie Brown and even Micheal Barrow. They’re pleasant when they come, but how many times do they need to come? They want to visit too much.”

Smh

lulz you can't make this **** up

Advertisement
I like Cook and thinks he's a great player but I can't see any player with his talent ever reaching his potential at FSU...I mean when was the last time a 5* went to FSU and stood out?? Just going off history here

This would be a lot easier if we hadn't got butt-pounded by god**** Duke and VT.

Son of a ****ing **** all we had to do was not embarrass ourselves on the field. I'm still ****ed.

Why did he commit to UF then?

Advertisement
Bingo Docholliday03! I wouldnt be surprised if DC told the family to put a muzzle on it until he makes his decision. All this "other stuff" doesnt make the decision easier for him. And god knows I dont want a Matthew Thomas situation. (Basically DCook commits to UM, but then changes his mind and wants to back out of his LOI and go to FSU saying he felt "pressured" to go to UM and that is not where his heart is.) That is the last thing we need at this point.

Thank god he is a EE because I couldnt take another 2 months of this. Smh.

Son of a ****ing **** all we had to do was not embarrass ourselves on the field. I'm still ****ed.

Why did he commit to UF then?

Why is he taking long, hard looks at Miami and FSU?

I'll Tell You What... If I was Rooting for a Team that WASN'T trying to make a kid like this a priority, I'd be ****ed!!!

Kudos to the staff for busting hump...

Damned if you do - damned if you don't

JC

I like Cook and thinks he's a great player but I can't see any player with his talent ever reaching his potential at FSU...I mean when was the last time a 5* went to FSU and stood out?? Just going off history here

31.gif

Advertisement
Back