Cook's family

At UF I can play in front of my family, UM is too close for that and I have bunch of friends there so it will be kind of weird.

SEEMS LEGIT.

Advertisement
love to have him but he would not mean much with duke, joe ect 2014 year then 2015 we all know who committing but it will only get interesting is sony dont commit

395.gif

You don't tell a seventeen year old to go to **** just because he's not presently interested in you. What we did get from his comments were all of the Gator talking points. One that sticks out " I should go to Florida and play in front of my family". Now that's a cinch. Close to six hours up after work get's you in by midnight. Motel room in Ocala if you're lucky or Leesburg. 150.00, up early on Saturday another 11/2 hour drive in traffic, God only knows what the tickets cost and parking( Probably free), game over at four or five best case then a dangerous night drive will get you home by twelve or one best case or spend another 150.00 for a motel. Is Mom and Dad going to want to do that eight times a year? Verses sleep until 11:00 on Sat fourty five to an hour minute drive to the park with plenty of parking spaces home by dark, sleep in your own bed. With food savings of 250.00 to 400.00 bucks depending on whether you stay one or two nights. Go to Miami for your parents sake.

Last edited:
You don't tell a seventeen year old to go to **** just because he's not presently interested in you. What we did get from his comments were all of the Gator talking points. One that sticks out " I should go to Florida and play in front of my family". Now that's a cinch. Close to six hours up after work get's you in by midnight. Motel room in Ocala if you're lucky or Leesburg. 150.00, up early on Saturday another 11/2 hour drive in traffic, God only knows what the tickets cost and parking( Probably free), game over at four or five best case then a dangerous night drive will get you home by twelve or one best case or spend another 150.00 for a motel. Is Mom and Dad going to want to do that eight times a year? Verses sleep until 11:00 on Sat fourty five to an hour minute drive to the park with plenty of parking spaces home by dark, sleep in your own bed. With food savings of 250.00 to 400.00 bucks depending on whether you stay one or two nights. Go to Miami for your parents sake.

What if the fams appropriately compensated to cover those losses?

Advertisement
**** his family is treating him like a meal ticket. Instead of being proud for their son, they are just worried about getting paid. Too many parents like this in today's society.

Truly feel sorry for cook.

**** his family is treating him like a meal ticket. Instead of being proud for their son, they are just worried about getting paid. Too many parents like this in today's society.

Truly feel sorry for cook.

Does anyone know this or is it just another post they saw that is their source? How does it make sense that the family was paid off by Clemson but now they would like him to seriously consider UF? Do we just assume they want a bidding war because they don't want him here? It can't be true they want him out of MIA but closer than Clemson? I can disagree with their saying he should get out of Miami, but he's not my kid. I'm not going to send him to **** or claim their pimping him just because he's not a Cane. If someone is going to, I think they aught to at least give a source or some evidence. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
I'm about to the point where I don't have much interest in Cook. If something happens on signing day and Miami gets his papers then great.

I just hope we get Sony to go with Yearby and if not, I'm sure there are plenty of other good RB's to go with Yearby. Especially if we have a good season.

I think we get Sony and Yearby though. That's just fine. That to go with what we got and the 2015 kids like Scarlett coming up makes me not want to deal with bull**** like what Cook's recruitment is going to become.

Dont understand why yall talking bad about his family they havent said anything that makes me think their using him..... So if they were pushing him to Miami they wouldnt be using him? FOH.... Some of yall new UM fans need to pull ya panties up and skirts down 💯

Dont understand why yall talking bad about his family they havent said anything that makes me think their using him..... So if they were pushing him to Miami they wouldnt be using him? FOH.... Some of yall new UM fans need to pull ya panties up and skirts down

First of all, the subtext of the conversation (in case it wasn't blatantly obvious) is that the SEC would be paying him, so sending him to Miami would, in fact, not be using him as a meal ticket since they wouldn't get paid straight out. If, however, they are using him as a meal ticket, what better place than Miami in the long run? The $50k they will get out of the SEC is short sighted when compared to the benefits of going pro. They could f up is life on a completely different level by acting as his agent, entourage, etc... Why take $50k for 4 year when you could lift that monthly off of a paycheck.

Cook is the part that I hate about recruiting. But if he comes to UM it'll be the part I love about recruiting. NSD was only last month. We got 11 months to go. I hate going on the roller coaster ride with recruits but love when they commit to us. Why do I do this? lol I guess I'll have to start following it later in the year like OCT-FEB time frame.

Cook adios. There are plenty of backs in South Florida and other locations that would love to be at UM. Either way we still would have great running back depth with Yearby and Michel.

Advertisement
Dont understand why yall talking bad about his family they havent said anything that makes me think their using him..... So if they were pushing him to Miami they wouldnt be using him? FOH.... Some of yall new UM fans need to pull ya panties up and skirts down ��

First of all, the subtext of the conversation (in case it wasn't blatantly obvious) is that the SEC would be paying him, so sending him to Miami would, in fact, not be using him as a meal ticket since they wouldn't get paid straight out. If, however, they are using him as a meal ticket, what better place than Miami in the long run? The $50k they will get out of the SEC is short sighted when compared to the benefits of going pro. They could f up is life on a completely different level by acting as his agent, entourage, etc... Why take $50k for 4 year when you could lift that monthly off of a paycheck.

A guy like Cook will get a lot more than $50k in today's market.

Advertisement
" Coach Muschamp told me I should go to Florida and play in front of my family.”

“My family really doesn’t want me at Miami,” Cook said. “They think that it’s too close and that I’ll know too many people so that really don’t want me to go to Miami.”

in before "playing in front of your family" is code for "we have a booster that will take care of you, then addopt you in your 20's a la a certain DT if the NCAA starts sniffing around"

So,

family wants you at Miami- bad for Miami;

family doesn´t want you at Miami- bad for Miami.

" Coach Muschamp told me I should go to Florida and play in front of my family.”

“My family really doesn’t want me at Miami,” Cook said. “They think that it’s too close and that I’ll know too many people so that really don’t want me to go to Miami.”

in before "playing in front of your family" is code for "we have a booster that will take care of you, then addopt you in your 20's a la a certain DT if the NCAA starts sniffing around"

Sharif, cough, cough, Floyd, cough, cough, cough.

Advertisement
Back