Cook's family

You can't just send your son to this sticks because you're scared he'll get into **** in the city. There's going to be sirens wherever he goes trying to steer him to shipwreck. Part of becoming a legit man and human being is being able to ignore that and do what's best for you. Reminds me of parents who home school their children to keep them from getting in trouble in public school. More harm then good.

As far as meeting new people. Don't you have a better chance of meeting new people in a metro area of several million people then to some village in the woods. He know 15-20 kids on the football ya, but come on.

Recruiting does make cents after all.

Yeah, you go in the sticks and there are dangerous things there, all kinds of dangers. Like mountain lions and bears. I heard about a U of M fan who was attacked by a bear. I don't know what happened to him, but it must have been tragic.

Advertisement
You'll know too many people?

Is this real life?

They weren't too worried about his brother going to Miami.

Every kid is different... IMO, the statement regarding his family saying that he knows too many people, actually means: He knows too many neighborhood thugs, which may distract his attempt to experience a college life....

This is what we have to see guys... Duke has a very strong faithful Mother who raised him in a household centered on God & values.. Tracy Howard & Deon Bush likewise were raised with a mother and a father in the home, and were taught faith, morals, respect, etc...

Now, every inner city kids isn't blessed enough to have that father figure there, to yank the slack out of him, when he see's his kid hanging with the wrong crowd!!

Not saying Cook is a thug, but the surrounding area where he was raised is a bit different from Howard & Bush's. I will say that it's safe to say Cook likely has alot of "friends" that won't be attending college, and won't understand that he'll need to study late night, rather than hang out all night...

If getting away from home, so that he can focus on school is the best thing for "HIM", then by all means do that! Kid has to do what's best for his future. I'm from the inner city, so on one hand I understand. On the other hand I would love to have him, and think if he's willing to change perspectives, he cause be with the team, and ditch his thug friends...

But then the thug friends will turn on him, then he has to deal with that when he goes home... Trust me guys it happens (the whole: Oh you don't know ya boy no more cause you're on TV?).

If he's close to home, he's probably thinking that's what he's likely yo hear. So to me, it seems his family doesn't like the company he keeps in the neighborhood, and simply wants him to leave them behind for a better future.

I hear everything you're saying and this could very well be the case. The issue UM fans have when hearing comments like this is, the perception feels as if too many top talents in SF are looking for any excuse to get away for one reason or another while top talent in other areas of the country will cut off their left arm to get an offer from the local school. You hear Sony making comments about still being a UM fan even if he commits elsewhere; you don't hear stuff like that too often in Ohio, Texas, etc., but it's commonplace here (or at least it feels that way). The unfortunate reality is this: this is SF recruiting in 2013! So if you want to follow recruiting in SF, strap in, put your big boy pants on, and keep all of your extremities (pause) inside the car. It will only get worst.

Advertisement
Back