Cook's family

Advertisement
I didn't think there was any way in Hades we were going to pick up Cook. In another year - very possibly.

With Yearby and likely Sony? Not going to happen.

That would be cramming ten pounds into a five pound sack.

Hmmm I wonders why

“My grandma thought very highly of coach Muschamp,” Cook said. “She can’t stop talking about him right now. I liked the meeting because he keeps it real. He said that Florida has running backs but he needs me there and that he is committed to running the ball and that Florida is the program for me. Coach Muschamp told me I should go to Florida and play in front of my family.”

Some people have said that Miami is Florida’s biggest competition for the Clemson commit Cook but that really isn’t the case.

“My family really doesn’t want me at Miami,” Cook said. “They think that it’s too close and that I’ll know too many people so that really don’t want me to go to Miami.”

Cook says that after the visit he is still committed to Clemson but Florida is now on his mind.

“I’m thinking about Florida a lot,” Cook said. “They opened my eyes to some things and they are my #2 school behind Clemson, but really they are even right now. I’m still committed to them but I’m keeping my options open and Florida is in the SEC, I want to play with the best

Straight up shenanigans mane. Ol trying to sell their son off to Flo Rida asses

I know Cook is a great talent but, there's always a Greg Reid, Jelani Jenkins or Ray Ray in the bunch. If the stuff about his fam is true he might end up bein that guy. Gimme a guy that keeps his recruitment close to the vest over a guy like Keef, Valentine, or now Cook. I'm not sayin a kid who changes his mind or flips is a bad apple. Just that talkin about it to media through the whole process is a diva move. As much as Thomas trolled us, reppin 3o5 and throwin up the []_[], he never committed or said Miami lead for him. We never were publicly favored by him. So as much as everyone disliked his choice, I respect the way he handled his recruitment more than what is beginning to go on with Cook and has gone on with so many other high profile recruits.

Also Cook sayin his fam doesn't like Miami and we aren't really in it right now probably means we are out of it, unless we curb stomp UF, FSU, and Clemson next season. I don't think it is an impossibility but, it's not the most likely scenario.

Cooks younger brother 2015 WR committed to USF today not sure how much of an impact that will have on his final decision

First of all if a 2015 kid is committed already he needs to rethink his recruiting secondly he has a brother at the U

Advertisement
Did anyone else laugh at the line where muscrap said come to UF and play in front of the family

He'd know too many people as in he would still be in the shadow of Yearby. Give me Sony and close up the RB class. Sony isn't likely to play the games like we are going to see with Cook.

Cooks younger brother 2015 WR committed to USF today not sure how much of an impact that will have on his final decision

First of all if a 2015 kid is committed already he needs to rethink his recruiting secondly he has a brother at the U

yeah his older brother is playing basketball for Miami younger brother committed to USF for football

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1474171 said:
Hmmm I wonders why

“My grandma thought very highly of coach Muschamp,” Cook said. “She can’t stop talking about him right now. I liked the meeting because he keeps it real. He said that Florida has running backs but he needs me there and that he is committed to running the ball and that Florida is the program for me. Coach Muschamp told me I should go to Florida and play in front of my family.”

Some people have said that Miami is Florida’s biggest competition for the Clemson commit Cook but that really isn’t the case.

“My family really doesn’t want me at Miami,” Cook said. “They think that it’s too close and that I’ll know too many people so that really don’t want me to go to Miami.”

Cook says that after the visit he is still committed to Clemson but Florida is now on his mind.

“I’m thinking about Florida a lot,” Cook said. “They opened my eyes to some things and they are my #2 school behind Clemson, but really they are even right now. I’m still committed to them but I’m keeping my options open and Florida is in the SEC, I want to play with the best

Straight up shenanigans mane. Ol trying to sell their son off to Flo Rida asses

I know Cook is a great talent but, there's always a Greg Reid, Jelani Jenkins or Ray Ray in the bunch. If the stuff about his fam is true he might end up bein that guy. Gimme a guy that keeps his recruitment close to the vest over a guy like Keef, Valentine, or now Cook. I'm not sayin a kid who changes his mind or flips is a bad apple. Just that talkin about it to media through the whole process is a diva move. As much as Thomas trolled us, reppin 3o5 and throwin up the []_[], he never committed or said Miami lead for him. We never were publicly favored by him. So as much as everyone disliked his choice, I respect the way he handled his recruitment more than what is beginning to go on with Cook and has gone on with so many other high profile recruits.

Also Cook sayin his fam doesn't like Miami and we aren't really in it right now probably means we are out of it, unless we curb stomp UF, FSU, and Clemson next season. I don't think it is an impossibility but, it's not the most likely scenario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CkejrRdKcY

Maquedis Bain type statements. He will change his top 5 a lot more before signing day smh

Dude might give Patrick Peterson a run for his money with the "I'm still committed" stuff

Funny how both recruitments are similar in their shadiness

Tragic, we will be fine at running back with the elite talent we will have. Cook would be another dynamic playmaker but you can't get every player and if he doesn't want to be a cane than he shouldn't be one

his family not wanting him at miami doesn't means not coming, I mean just count how many kids parents wanted them at the U an they still went somewhere else. parents probably just scared about negative influences in the city, if we get them on campus, let Al show how structured the program is, how the players hang out n keep an eye out on each other. no arrests or anything like that with this staff I think they'll be ok with miami. still a long way to go

Advertisement
You can't just send your son to this sticks because you're scared he'll get into **** in the city. There's going to be sirens wherever he goes trying to steer him to shipwreck. Part of becoming a legit man and human being is being able to ignore that and do what's best for you. Reminds me of parents who home school their children to keep them from getting in trouble in public school. More harm then good.

As far as meeting new people. Don't you have a better chance of meeting new people in a metro area of several million people then to some village in the woods. He know 15-20 kids on the football ya, but come on.

Recruiting does make cents after all.

Glad this is happening now and not late in the year. Now I can completely rule him out and not worry about where he goes.

Advertisement
Did anyone else laugh at the line where muscrap said come to UF and play in front of the family

Sure. His family will get ALL-Expenses PAID trips for every home ****-game. Tickets, rental (booster), gas+food (black card + booster), hotel (booster), **** gear. . .

We all knew when Yearby committed, Cook wasn't coming. So why follow him? Who cares? He isnt coming here. Lets get Sony and call it a day.

I told ya'll boys...you can't count on this kid and turn away another ridiculously talented kid IN HOPES this fruity loop kid de-commits, and passes on a ton of money from SEC or SEC-lite schools to play at Miami with three other 5-star backs.

I'll take Yearby, recruit the ever loving **** out of Sony Michel, have a few players in my back pocket and not give a single bother about Dalvin Cook, as talented as he is, going wherever he is going.

The class is going to be too big and too talented to leave a spot open for Cook.

That isn't to say I wouldn't recruit the **** out of him until NSD, but I need to have some correct perspective on the matter.

We all knew when Yearby committed, Cook wasn't coming. So why follow him? Who cares? He isnt coming here. Lets get Sony and call it a day.

You know with how talented Cook is his family were in the stands butthurt about him not starting all season. Probably was dinner table chatter for years. They shot target practice at pics of Joe's mug.

They hear that Yearby's going to Miami and want to put an end to the butthurt. As long as Yearbys at Miami Cooks going elsewhere.

Advertisement
Back