COOKIE

jevoasis

Addicted to ****
Figured this deserved its own thread. Errbody's tiptoeing around what their opinion is of this guy. Highly rated recruit that has underperformed. Sure, injuries too, but most have been disappointed that he didn't develop more physically during his time here, and maybe that contributed to the injuries. Still, the most experience on the LB core, and was coming around last year. Can he DOMINATE (yeah, I said it) this year?

Advertisement
I don't expect him to be as explosive this season as he was before the injury. I also don't expect him to play every game either. He'll be solid, but nothing special IMO.

It's unfortunate he wasn't more here. He had all the tools to be great (except size).

I don't bad mouth guys that play for us. At least I try not to, but he has had a mediocre career at best. Hoping he can put together a big year for our sake.

I think he plays well for us. Has shown flashes up to this point. Put it all together brother!

Advertisement
I think he's been solid for us here. Which is dissapoIntig to those who were expectIng spectacular, I guess. But you're lying to yourself if you don't think solid is not a tremendous upgrade over what we rolled out last year.

Every year there's a 'Marcus Maxey' senior that balls out after doing next to nothing for 3 years. For a while I thought it was going to be McGee, but I think Cookie could also be that guy.

FWIW, Golden just stated to the press that McGee has separated himself from all the other CBs, and that the LB team is the second best unit on the team after the OL, from which I infer that he believes Cookie is going to be pretty **** good, since Perryman can't play all 3 spots. Maybe the ACL will slow him down. But he's been playing with the 1s the entire Fall camp, so I don't think it's an issue any more.

FWIW, Golden just stated to the press that McGee has separated himself from all the other CBs, and that the LB team is the second best unit on the team after the OL, from which I infer that he believes Cookie is going to be pretty **** good, since Perryman can't play all 3 spots. Maybe the ACL will slow him down. But he's been playing with the 1s the entire Fall camp, so I don't think it's an issue any more.

That's not worth **** to me. I've seen enough of McGee. Hopefully he steps up this year, but I'm not buying his hype. Show me.

Advertisement
Buchanon was showing life last year so who knows.

If nothing else he should provide some decent depth and experience.

I will believe it about McGee when I see it.

That's not worth **** to me. I've seen enough of McGee. Hopefully he steps up this year, but I'm not buying his hype. Show me.
Esto.

lets go through the linebackers at Miami who people said underperformed who were really beasts:

DJ WIlliams
Jon Beason
Colin Mccarthy

Just wondering, but don't guys take about 2 years to really get back to 100-percent from those kind of knee injuries?

My hope is that he's a reliable, consistent starter, I'd take that

Advertisement
I still blame the past two regimes for not developing the talent we brought in. I think K9 has it about right - a reliable and consistent starter - barring re-injury.

I was going to start a thread about him, too.

I am very curious to see what he looks like this season. Coming out of high school, I (think we all did) loved him. Guy was so **** fast and hit like a train. I'm very interested in seeing guys like him and McGee and how the staff developed their talent. Can Golden and his crew turn them around?

I won't be shocked if he's a force this season.

Advertisement
I feel like half were saying Buchanan looked good last season and the other half said he looked lost.

I know he was physical for sure and brought some toughness but i'm not good enough with x and o's to tell you if he was playing well in the scheme. I hope so though

Ramon has been average to below average in all 3 of his seasons at UM. I don't expect anything different this season because he is coming off a big time knee injury.

I believe his strength will be knowing the Defensive assignments and his experience to help out the younger guys grow up fast.

He was only decent pre-injury and his best attribute was his speed. This does not bode well for him. His experience will be valued but I wouldn't expect anything surprising.

No, he will not be dominant, but if he can stay healthy and be a good influence on the younger guys, that will be a benefit. He's less then a year removed from a torn ACL so he won't be as athletic or explosive this year, but he can still contribute.

Advertisement
Back