Cook & the mystery of who got the last visit...

Too add to the wonderful 12 pages of dialogue re: Cook, surprised no one caught this........someone please decipher the meaning of him wearing gold shoes for the state title game.

[video]http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/60465-Cook-state-title-game-highlights[/video]

Advertisement
Too add to the wonderful 12 pages of dialogue re: Cook, surprised no one caught this........someone please decipher the meaning of him wearing gold shoes for the state title game.

[video]http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/60465-Cook-state-title-game-highlights[/video]

Trolling fsu

Notre Dame lock.

repping FSU?

Advertisement
Gold cleats? so what, the rockets have gold in their uniforms.. look at coaches.

No logic please...just speculation and deciphering comments. There has to be a "deeper"meaning to his choice to wear that color of cleats, has to be!! anyone have any inside info? If not can someone get an interview? Someone get boots on the ground to find out more?

Gold cleats? so what, the rockets have gold in their uniforms.. look at coaches.

No logic please...just speculation and deciphering comments. There has to be a "deeper"meaning to his choice to wear that color of cleats, has to be!! anyone have any inside info? If not can someone get an interview? Someone get boots on the ground to find out more?

His grandma picked those out for him. Interview her now.

anyone still using the NCAA situation as a reason for us not landing a kid right now. Stop using that as an excuse. The ruling came down 2 months ago. There is no more issues with this. It's black and white - were we going to lose more bowls and get hammered with crippling losses? No. The kids have the answers, their parents have the answers. We've had 2 months to explain it to them. Using that as an excuse now makes no sense.

You can't erase 3 years of negative recruiting in two months.. Tons of kids had already trimmed their list down to a Final 3-5 (or had committed) before the ruling came out. Of course it isn't the main factor with a kid like Cook.. Fact is FSU is a better program right now.. but don't think we haven't been playing catch up with all these blue chip guys bc of it. It's not an excuse, it's the truth.. Trying to label it anything different is just flat out ignorant.

Again, you're lying to yourself.

The whole issue with the ruling not coming out was it gave other coaches the opportunity to instill fear into the kid's heads and fabricate this scary world where "Miami will be hammered." We had no way of refuting that, because we didn't know either. Staffs could drum up this image in recruit's heads where Miami is being thrown in shackles and marched to the gallows, and we really had no way to definitively say otherwise.

But the second the ruling came down, that was all over. If that was holding any player back, it instantly went away. There's nothing left to speculate on. Blaming the NCAA thing at this point is just an excuse. This isn't the video game where some kid "locks" a team out of his top 3 and refuses to listen to them. If anything, this ruling would've helped us with recruits as we had tangible evidence to point to and say, hey, see? We're not about to get raped.

Pointing to it as a reason we're losing Cook or any kid is strictly making excuses for this staff or Golden.

Your post is nonsense on two fronts. One, if a kid has been building up his interest in other teams, and devaluing Miami, for three years, it doesn't suddenly change just because the ruling came in. Second, no excuse needs to be made for Golden or this staff regardless. If we "lose" Cook, then Cook didn't want to be here. Golden and the staff has done whatever they can. Kids aren't robots. They have their own minds and their own outside influences, and they make decisions based on that in addition to any recruiting being done by coaches. Additionally, we have a back committed that is ranked as good as Cook on most services. I guess Saban should just be fired. After all, he let the top QB in his state in DECADES, not just one of the best in the past year or two, get out of his state and lead another team to a national title game in his RS freshman year.

if the only thing holding a kid up with UM was THE CLOUD, well then, since the forecast is clear now, shouldnt we be good to go with kids?

gtfoh with the CLOUD still effecting kids

stop giving this staff excuses!

Advertisement
Kid is UF commit. FSU is trying to flip him, so are we. He has never been ours. We took Joe from FSU and they are trying to fill in that whole. We already won the recruiting battle with FSU, now we are just trying to grind some salt into that wound. They have everything goping their way, if they can't steal Cook from a burning gator program it is a huge failure for the feathers. If we steal him from the gator, it his a huge cherry on top of a fantastic class. Joe and Brandon give us two of the top four backs in So FL. Not a bad haul. That said, come on Cook, do you really want to leave friends and family to go to stinking Tally?

Reading through this thread, a bunch of people need to get laid more often. Real deal...

Says the guy with 22k posts.
261.gif

494.gif

going to take my own advice. Off to break a piece off and knock out. Night gents.

Link or GTFOH.

Advertisement
Is Free Shoes University at it again? Did they give Cook those cleats? Find out more next time on As Cooks Shoes Change

LOL. Man, like I keep telling you cats. Expect the worst, hope for the best. I expect FSU. So if/when that happens, I will just deal with it and move on. And if he does pick us, it will be like another Xmas gift. But if you get your hopes up, you are going to get crushed if/when the kid picks FSU.

That's pvssy ****. I'm expecting him to be a Cane because I should expect him to be a Cane based on all the factors in our favor. If he's not a Cane I'll be raging. I embrace the passion. I'm not trying to dull it like some schmoe who can't handle it.

Advertisement
This recruitment is turning into a circus. So now it's being reported that both UF and FSU saw him after he 'shut down recruiting?' Originally it was only FSU that saw him? And yet there are sources, UF's included, saying they didn't see him?

Its become apparent that nobody knows **** about ****. That's recruiting for ya.

if the only thing holding a kid up with UM was THE CLOUD, well then, since the forecast is clear now, shouldnt we be good to go with kids?

gtfoh with the CLOUD still effecting kids

stop giving this staff excuses!

DURVAL IS RIGHT

LOL. Man, like I keep telling you cats. Expect the worst, hope for the best. I expect FSU. So if/when that happens, I will just deal with it and move on. And if he does pick us, it will be like another Xmas gift. But if you get your hopes up, you are going to get crushed if/when the kid picks FSU.

That's pvssy ****. I'm expecting him to be a Cane because I should expect him to be a Cane based on all the factors in our favor. If he's not a Cane I'll be raging. I embrace the passion. I'm not trying to dull it like some schmoe who can't handle it.

Meh, I don't see it as "dulling" anything. I've just never seen the need to act like a drama queen or a bipolar nutjob. I'll be happy if he signs with UM, and if he goes elsewhere I'll be slightly disappointed for about a minute and then I'll forget he ever existed. I'm not going to invest a lot of emotion and time in the situation, not going to stalk his twitter feed and worry about whether he's sending a coded message by the color shoes he's wearing. I don't believe that Cook or Dixon--or any particular 17/18 year old kid, for that matter--is the "one" that will automatically put us in the hunt for a national title.

Last edited:
anyone still using the NCAA situation as a reason for us not landing a kid right now. Stop using that as an excuse. The ruling came down 2 months ago. There is no more issues with this. It's black and white - were we going to lose more bowls and get hammered with crippling losses? No. The kids have the answers, their parents have the answers. We've had 2 months to explain it to them. Using that as an excuse now makes no sense.

You can't erase 3 years of negative recruiting in two months.. Tons of kids had already trimmed their list down to a Final 3-5 (or had committed) before the ruling came out. Of course it isn't the main factor with a kid like Cook.. Fact is FSU is a better program right now.. but don't think we haven't been playing catch up with all these blue chip guys bc of it. It's not an excuse, it's the truth.. Trying to label it anything different is just flat out ignorant.

Again, you're lying to yourself.

The whole issue with the ruling not coming out was it gave other coaches the opportunity to instill fear into the kid's heads and fabricate this scary world where "Miami will be hammered." We had no way of refuting that, because we didn't know either. Staffs could drum up this image in recruit's heads where Miami is being thrown in shackles and marched to the gallows, and we really had no way to definitively say otherwise.

But the second the ruling came down, that was all over. If that was holding any player back, it instantly went away. There's nothing left to speculate on. Blaming the NCAA thing at this point is just an excuse. This isn't the video game where some kid "locks" a team out of his top 3 and refuses to listen to them. If anything, this ruling would've helped us with recruits as we had tangible evidence to point to and say, hey, see? We're not about to get raped.

Pointing to it as a reason we're losing Cook or any kid is strictly making excuses for this staff or Golden.

Your post is nonsense on two fronts. One, if a kid has been building up his interest in other teams, and devaluing Miami, for three years, it doesn't suddenly change just because the ruling came in. Second, no excuse needs to be made for Golden or this staff regardless. If we "lose" Cook, then Cook didn't want to be here. Golden and the staff has done whatever they can. Kids aren't robots. They have their own minds and their own outside influences, and they make decisions based on that in addition to any recruiting being done by coaches. Additionally, we have a back committed that is ranked as good as Cook on most services. I guess Saban should just be fired. After all, he let the top QB in his state in DECADES, not just one of the best in the past year or two, get out of his state and lead another team to a national title game in his RS freshman year.

Post-traumatic Cloud Disorder.

Advertisement
Back