Cook state title game highlights

Advertisement
Y'all do realize that these very same ridiculous comments were being made when Duke was a high school senior right?

Y'all bashing Cook after the first game where he has 11 touches for 15 yards

no they weren't. Duke didn't have anybody in front of him that was anywhere in the same universe.

Golden wasn't letting a freshman Duke Johnson start over Mike James in 2012. He's not going to let Cook start over Duke should he come here.

Well I don't necessarily think he will "start", but I think he would be getting more touches than Duke by the end of the season.

One of the most insane posts you've ever made.

Just lol @ a freshman Cook starting over Duke.

Agree. Simply ridiculous.

Definitely. Those were ridiculous statements.

Cook is a beast without a doubt but I still don't see the big difference between him and Yearby that some people see. His athleticism is off the charts of course.

Hopefully we just land both and never have to go through the endless comparison threads.

Advertisement
Y'all do realize that these very same ridiculous comments were being made when Duke was a high school senior right?

Y'all bashing Cook after the first game where he has 11 touches for 15 yards

no they weren't. Duke didn't have anybody in front of him that was anywhere in the same universe.

You're agreeing with me.

I mean that people were making insane proclamations about what Duke was going to do and then were shocked when he had his mid-year swoon.

Cook is a beast without a doubt but I still don't see the big difference between him and Yearby that some people see. His athleticism is off the charts of course.

Hopefully we just land both and never have to go through the endless comparison threads.

People want that FSU speed.

Twenty pounds.

People want that FSU speed.

True true. I guess I just think back to the Cook > Duke comments and I can't see it. Cook is a monster pull and would be one of the best athletes on the team but I don't see why people would expect him to come in and dominate from the jump.

Advertisement

Twenty pounds.

You're better than that.

Let me continue. Obviously you know WAY more about these guys so I'm genuinely curious. To me Cook is an elite athlete playing running back. That's great.....get all those types you can. Don't get me wrong I would go nuts if we land him. I just don't see him having the instant impact Duke did on the ground, but he will probably be used in some special packages to showcase his skills. Yearby to me looks like a kid that gets by because he has elite vision and short area burst. Now picture him down the road with some weight on him. I like the thought of that since speed isn't his game.

Obviously Cook can be great but its going to take time at RB. Luckily we don't need either right away to dominate.

Anyway, let's just hope we get that chance!

Last edited:
Rb's a dime a dozen. Only possible program changer in this class is Valentine.
Jerome Brown, Cortez, Wilfork are the types to take a program to next level. Not scatbacks.
This Cook hysteria is comical. We got a cook on team already. Maybe 2 . Coley andDuke.

Cook and Duke would compliment each other well - Duke is the better pure RB, but Cook has the higher ceiling because a) he is more durably built and b) because he is a freak athlete for his size

Hypo: if we get cook, what would the depth chart look like? Duke, Gus, Cook, Yearby? Powell to DB? Does Dallas get moved or does he stay at RB? Does Yearby get a shirt for Utough purposes?

Twenty pounds.

Based on what? At least on ESPN they are all of 5 pounds different in their weight. I've seen similar on other sites.

Advertisement

Twenty pounds.

Based on what? At least on ESPN they are all of 5 pounds different in their weight. I've seen similar on other sites.

Eh I've seen the same but when they stand next to each other Cook is significantly bigger.

Cook and Duke would compliment each other well - Duke is the better pure RB, but Cook has the higher ceiling because a) he is more durably built and b) because he is a freak athlete for his size

Hypo: if we get cook, what would the depth chart look like? Duke, Gus, Cook, Yearby? Powell to DB? Does Dallas get moved or does he stay at RB? Does Yearby get a shirt for Utough purposes?

I think its going to be really tough to take carries away from Dallas. Maybe he gets moved out of necessity but he is clearly our 2nd best back right now and another year of development and who knows? Gus flashed potential but Crawford literally carried us to victory and is such a beast around the goal line. Tough to replace production with potential.

Golden wasn't letting a freshman Duke Johnson start over Mike James in 2012. He's not going to let Cook start over Duke should he come here.

Well I don't necessarily think he will "start", but I think he would be getting more touches than Duke by the end of the season.

One of the most insane posts you've ever made.

Just lol @ a freshman Cook starting over Duke.

Mark it down.

So by saying, "Mark it down", you are assuming that Cook will be a Cane.

Do you know something we don't Peter?

513.gif

Advertisement
Besides the fact that Cook is the physical specimen of the 2 (which def counts for something in translating to next level), you see a significant difference between Cook and Yearby in all those runs where Cook was tackled for 0-2 yards. Yearby's special vision and efficient cutting turns most of those plays into 5-10 yard gains. That is what is so special about Yearby, he is the type of RB that helps a team methodically drive down the field and always stay ahead of the sticks.

Conversely, what's so special about Cook is the reality that any of those plays you could see one seam open up and him taking one 70 yards for the score (like you saw towards the end of the video). If a defense gives him that sliver of daylight, despite their best effort they just gave away 6. He is the definition of a gamebreaker.

That's why they work so well together.

I dont know what you guys are talking about but Cook starting over Duke aint happening. First off, Cook has a hard time running between the tackles against great HS dlines. (and Central has a GREAT OL) And he goes down too easily to be the starter for a POTENTIAL BCS team as a T-Fr. If we were in "rebuilding" stages then maybe I would agree. But we cant have Cook starting at RB if we got our eyes set on winning the ACC Coastal. Hes not ready yet to handle a load of 20+ carries a game ESPECIALLY since he never really did it in HS. We need to give him a year to get use to the college game. Then unleash him.

Let him be an athlete this year. KR and 3rd down back. Give him some slot packages. Let Coley have some fun with him. But Duke needs to be the starter. And btw, dont forget we have some other 5 star RB named Joseph Yearby who will have some say in this as well.

(that is if we get Cook mind you)

Besides the fact that Cook is the physical specimen of the 2 (which def counts for something in translating to next level), you see a significant difference between Cook and Yearby in all those runs where Cook was tackled for 0-2 yards. Yearby's special vision and efficient cutting turns most of those plays into 5-10 yard gains. That is what is so special about Yearby, he is the type of RB that helps a team methodically drive down the field and always stay ahead of the sticks.

Conversely, what's so special about Cook is the reality that any of those plays you could see one seam open up and him taking one 70 yards for the score (like you saw towards the end of the video). If a defense gives him that sliver of daylight, despite their best effort they just gave away 6. He is the definition of a gamebreaker.

That wasnt a highlight tape. That was a cut up of all his runs, Im sure unless you attended games (I dont want to assume either way) most cutups of cook and Yearby on the internet have been mostly the highlights. Just keep in mind.

That wasnt a highlight tape. That was a cut up of all his runs, Im sure unless you attended games (I dont want to assume either way) most cutups of cook and Yearby on the internet have been mostly the highlights. Just keep in mind.

I understand that. And I'm not going to pretend to have seen all their games. But I've seen multiple of their games both live and on tv over the past 3 years, and have also seen highlights, and game cut-ups (like the one in this thread), and it seems Yearby is the less likely of the 2 to get nothing out of a run, but also the less likely of the 2 to get the 70 yarder.

Advertisement
Back