Cook replacement

Anybody notice on yearby's highlights... After all fake handoffs to cook he immediately stops and turns around to watch yearby... Lol.

Advertisement
Do any of you honestly think Powell will run the ball a lot or even be a #2 back? I like him as an ATH but I'm not sure if he is the RB to complement Duke/Yearby.

Want Cook but could care less about high-level recruits until our staff starts to develop players.

Do any of you honestly think Powell will run the ball a lot or even be a #2 back? I like him as an ATH but I'm not sure if he is the RB to complement Duke/Yearby.

Want Cook but could care less about high-level recruits until our staff starts to develop players.

Asks question, but does not care about the answer. Why are you here? This is the recruiting board.

Do you have detailed thoughts on player development or merely making an inflammatory swipe at the coaching staff?

Advertisement

The staff is developing players, and, yes, I think Powell will get his touches. Maybe not right away, but Duke isn't staying forever.

We got blown out by duke, and the company line being trotted out is duke is more talented than us....

Fast forward to Christmas and now talents like cook are luxury, I guess kinda like coley last year right?

This is fascinating stuff, for real. Gonna get me some more eggnog and come back, keep it coming guysm

LOL. Same clowns who were claiming Duke was more talented are the same dopes now claiming Cook is a luxury. Agenda time.
Disagree. People say Cook is a luxury just because he isn't committed. If he came I can assure you that Powell would be the "luxury".

I think the replacement for Cook is already committed to Miami. Trayone Gray, has the skills to be special at RB and recent reports indicate that the he is working overtime to qualify. This kid is 6-2 210 and pulls away from South Florida talent

That additional ship that was being held for Cook, I would love to see the staff give that to another offensive guard. Lets build a dominating offensive line and they will make any RB look great.

Top 5 NCAA rushers in 2014 (High School size and ranking)
  1. Andre Williams, 5-11 202, Rival ranking 3star, Position ranking 44
  2. Bishop Sankey, 5-9 183, Rival ranking 4star, Position ranking 19
  3. Kapri Bibbs, 5-10 198, Rival ranking 3star, Position ranking NA
  4. Antonio Andrews, 6-0 193, Rival ranking 3star, Position ranking NA
  5. Ka'Deem Carey, 5-10 180, Rival ranking 4star, Position ranking 13

Miami RB commits
  1. Joseph Yearby, 5-9 177, Rival ranking 4star, Position ranking 7
  2. Brandon Powell, 5-9 167, Rival ranking 4star, Position ranking 7
  3. Trayone Gray, 6-2 210, Rival ranking 3star, Position ranking NA

Gray is a receiver.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;Q953isUviU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q953isUviU4[/video]

[video=youtube;qbuJ-ulBuSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbuJ-ulBuSI[/video]

Yearby is a straight boss at RB. This dude is by far the best back in the country, and i can't wait until he starts being Dukes wing man.

If you ask me powell looks like devonta freeman which isn't a bad thing considering he's raped us recently

I think the replacement for Cook is already committed to Miami. Trayone Gray, has the skills to be special at RB and recent reports indicate that the he is working overtime to qualify. This kid is 6-2 210 and pulls away from South Florida talent

That additional ship that was being held for Cook, I would love to see the staff give that to another offensive guard. Lets build a dominating offensive line and they will make any RB look great.

Top 5 NCAA rushers in 2014 (High School size and ranking)
  1. Andre Williams, 5-11 202, Rival ranking 3star, Position ranking 44
  2. Bishop Sankey, 5-9 183, Rival ranking 4star, Position ranking 19
  3. Kapri Bibbs, 5-10 198, Rival ranking 3star, Position ranking NA
  4. Antonio Andrews, 6-0 193, Rival ranking 3star, Position ranking NA
  5. Ka'Deem Carey, 5-10 180, Rival ranking 4star, Position ranking 13

Miami RB commits
  1. Joseph Yearby, 5-9 177, Rival ranking 4star, Position ranking 7
  2. Brandon Powell, 5-9 167, Rival ranking 4star, Position ranking 7
  3. Trayone Gray, 6-2 210, Rival ranking 3star, Position ranking NA

Gray is a receiver.

How do you know? I've never seen him catch a pass at practice, at 7-on-7s, or games I've attended.

Blustein thinks he's a RB, also.

With his skill set, he'll make a quicker impact at RB than WR, IMO.

Maybe you should become a UF fan with that attitude!

Advertisement
What exactly about his skill set currently suggests he'd do better at RB, dude is great when he is scrambling or using the read option but what about his highlights suggests he would do well taking handoffs? Being a RB as opposed to an option QB, which is kind of what he is in high school, are two totally different beasts. His build suggests that he would be better off at WR, not to mention he is not a power runner really... which is what we desperately need.

Advertisement
Back