Cook commits to Florida

Not sure why people are freaking out over Cook. We have a RB in Yearby that is really good and we have the best running back in a really long time to come out of Miami in Duke Johnson for at least two years. RB will never be a problem for Miami. Ever.

Advertisement
Not sure why people are freaking out over Cook. We have a RB in Yearby that is really good and we have the best running back in a really long time to come out of Miami in Duke Johnson for at least two years. RB will never be a problem for Miami. Ever.

+1
LULZ @ people here upset about "losing" Cook to UF, as if we had him in the first place!! The kid has been committed to Clemson for long time with no indication that he or his family were considering Miami at any time!

He is the best player on his team and in the county. But I doubt this one is done.

Have you seen this Fournette kid? I think it's going to be tough to top him.

Fournette is a player in dade county? Who does he play for?

**** no. You hav a chance and can only pick one its Ermon all day every day. The distance between Ermon and the next best wr is much greater than cool and say Michel.

I atleast understand what you are saying but you have to look at it in terms of needs for miami, We are DEEEEEEEP at WR, that doesnt include if Griffin makes it in, and Coley in the wing. We have no proven guy behind Duke, plus Sony isnt in the stable either. We need to land either cook or Sony. If we get Sony then this is kinda a moot point.

True but we dont have any WR's save for maybe Coley as good as ermon. Cook isnt as good as Duke by a wide margin. With that said lets get both

+1
LULZ @ people here upset about "losing" Cook to UF, as if we had him in the first place!! The kid has been committed to Clemson for long time with no indication that he or his family were considering Miami at any time!

Yes he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CkejrRdKcY

+1

Yes he did.

I see what you're saying. But this is the same kid who also said in every interview that he would love to play with Yearby in college and you know that is BS. Even Pete said kids lie to reporters all the time and tell them what their audience want to hear. The fact of the matter is, the people who know him and his family very well and the "pimping" that his family was doing since young age said on Rivals message board that they thought he was headed out of town and it was best for him. That's why I said there was no indication that he was seriously considering Miami regardless of what he says in interviews.

Advertisement

+1

Yes he did.

I see what you're saying. But this is the same kid who also said in every interview that he would love to play with Yearby in college and you know that is BS. Even Pete said kids lie to reporters all the time and tell them what their audience want to hear. The fact of the matter is, the people who know him and his family very well and the "pimping" that his family was doing since young age said on Rivals message board that they thought he was headed out of town and it was best for him. That's why I said there was no indication that he was seriously considering Miami regardless of what he says in interviews.

If you don't call that interest in a program I'm not even gonna go back and forth with you on this. Also his brother is committed to us for basketball and confirmed the interest and was trying to get him to come here. The kid is a flip flopper on what programs he's interested in but that doesn't mean he never had interest

+1

Yes he did.

If you don't call that interest in a program I'm not even gonna go back and forth with you on this. Also his brother is committed to us for basketball and confirmed the interest and was trying to get him to come here. The kid is a flip flopper on what programs he's interested in but that doesn't mean he never had interest

This is where the family and the money becomes a part of the discussion with Cook. I get that you may not want to play with Yearby, but how long has it been clear that he was leaving Clemson? The guy kept talking about top 5 teams he's looking at and then at the end of the interviews when asked about Clemson he say's he's "solid" but for 5 minutes he's **** near drooling over other schools.

Again, we never had him in the first place to lose him to another school. If some of you believe he was ours then there is nothing I can say to change that.

CANE LOCK
70.gif

Advertisement
Again, we never had him in the first place to lose him to another school. If some of you believe he was ours then there is nothing I can say to change that.

He was never ours, but we all knew he wasn't really committed to Clemson. Just like when we lost Moten, it's a big lose because SoFlo is our area. RB isn't as much of a need as DT but Cook is an elite talent in our backyard. We still have Yearby and Sony is pending, we will be more than fine at RB. You said he was never considering us and I just wanted to show you that it was the opposite. Never said anything about "we had him"

Losing cook hurts however u wanna spin it. He was the best player in Dade at the end of last year. To say otherwise is sour grapes.

That said..his recruitment isn't over by a longshot. Knee jerk reaction to a red carpet treatment weekend courtesy of UF. Prob got "lucky" with a coed as well! Lol. We will be in it until the end. Esp with his brother coming in the summer!

He was never ours, but we all knew he wasn't really committed to Clemson. Just like when we lost Moten, it's a big lose because SoFlo is our area. RB isn't as much of a need as DT but Cook is an elite talent in our backyard. We still have Yearby and Sony is pending, we will be more than fine at RB. You said he was never considering us and I just wanted to show you that it was the opposite. Never said anything about "we had him"

And I still say he was never seriously considering us despite the "evidence" you presented, which is one of many meaningless interviews. I don't hang on every word a 16-17 year old kid says in interviews or otherwise. I rarely even watch those interviews. Look at the body of evidence. How many times Cook visited the campus? How many basketball games he attended? Have you seen a pic of him with Duke or other UM players? Everybody around him and all reporters said they don't see him sharing the field with Yearby in college.

It is just the wishful thinking in many of our fans that drive the hope of "his interest in Miami" because his half brother is joining the basketball team. Did he really show serious interest in Miami? I still say no.

Last edited:
Advertisement

And I still say he was never seriously considering us despite the "evidence" you presented, which is one of many meaningless interviews. I don't hang on every word a 16-17 year old kid says in interviews or otherwise. I rarely even watch those interviews. Look at the body of evidence. How many times Cook visited the campus? How many basketball games he attended? Have you seen a pic of him with Duke or other UM players? Everybody around him and all reporters said they don't see him sharing the field with Yearby in college.

It is just the wishful thinking in many of our fans that drive the hope of "his interest in Miami" because his half brother is joining the basketball team. Did he really show serious interest in Miami? I still say no.

Is that how you base total interest? How many times they visit.....Look at Moten, kid was on campus all the time and committed to Florida. Look at Yearby, he was never on campus before the commitment and still flipped. Getting kids on campus is very important but Cook was familiar with our campus, he had visited. Coley was a major factor in that but he wasn't goin to leave fsu for a school he wasn't interested in. Each recruit is different, some dont feel the need to be on campus a lot to commit. Pictures don't mean anything, the kids take pictures with the star players whenever they visit any college. Cook attended multiple games last year also. I never said he was ours, and I doubted he was coming here due to him wanting to be a #1, but to say he wasn't interested before the Yearby commitment is stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cook is not going to be #1 at Florida either when he comes in as he will be competing with 5 backs. At least UM, that number would be 2, Duke and Yearby.

Bottomline, kid got played by Musch-Cheat...

Is that how you base total interest? How many times they visit.....Look at Moten, kid was on campus all the time and committed to Florida. Look at Yearby, he was never on campus before the commitment and still flipped. Coley was a major factor in that but he wasn't goin to leave fsu for a school he wasn't interested in. Each recruit is different, some dont feel the need to be on campus a lot to commit. Pictures don't mean anything, the kids take pictures with the star players whenever they visit any college. Cook attended multiple games last year also. I never said he was ours, and I doubted he was coming here due to him wanting to be a #1, but to say he wasn't interested before the Yearby commitment is stupid

Advertisement
So, is Cook what we call "entitled?"

Or is he just an immature teenager who gets more attention than is healthy for a kid his age, with an unreasonable amount of pressure from those around him?

Until we start winning, we're going to continue to lose good local kids that we want. We'll still get our fair share, but we won't have it locked down. It's really that simple. Win a conference and a big bowl game, and then see how often this happens.

Advertisement
Back