Contract Extension signed -

FRCane

Sophomore
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - The University of Miami and head coach Al Golden have agreed to terms on a four-year contract extension that will run through February 1, 2020. Golden, who took over the UM program in December, has the led the Canes to a 6-5 record during his debut season in 2011.

"I look forward to working side-by-side with Coach Golden for many years," said Director of Athletics Shawn Eichorst. "Al has done a fantastic job of rebuilding and solidifying the foundation of our football program while fostering success both on and off of the field. He has been a first-class representative of our University and I am confident that with Al leading the way, our future is very bright."

Golden's extension adds four years to the initial five-year contract which began in December 2010.

"My family loves it in South Florida, we have embraced the community and we could not be more excited about the future of the Miami Hurricanes football team," said Golden. "I can't thank President Shalala and Shawn Eichorst enough for their support and commitment to our student-athletes and staff. We are ready to hit the recruiting road and begin our preparations for the 2012 season."

Coach Golden will be available to the media after the Canes game with Boston College and again on Monday, Nov. 28 at 9 a.m. Eastern for an end of the season press conference.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Glad we have this guy locked up. It should really help with recruiting. You have to think we close strong with the contract extension and the fact that the coaches will be able to dedicate their time to recruiting rather than preparing for a bowl game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
First off, I am a Golden fan, I think he has done well all season except for this BC game. But he took advantage of the situation and I think the admin folded. He wasn't going anywhere, and truth be told, he didn't do anything other than a few good press conferences to deserve an extension. Its everything that is wrong with sports and the world in general. work your ******* CONTRACT. as an alum, I am ****ed.

Advertisement
First off, I am a Golden fan, I think he has done well all season except for this BC game. But he took advantage of the situation and I think the admin folded. He wasn't going anywhere, and truth be told, he didn't do anything other than a few good press conferences to deserve an extension. Its everything that is wrong with sports and the world in general. work your ******* CONTRACT. as an alum, I am ****ed.

Well said.

Jacory the Coach killer

Who cares. It's Miami and Golden running this ship. Miami sucks, has no fan base, it's there business, not yours.

Advertisement

Who cares. It's Miami and Golden running this ship. Miami sucks, has no fan base, it's there business, not yours.

We care ******....this is a 'Canes board.

Their.

Who the **** deleted my original? I can't help a motha****a with the English language?

Advertisement
Back