Contract Extension signed -

The extension was huge for recruiting. He got it because of the pending sanctions and the fact that he wasn't informed when he was originally hired. But anyone who doesn't think he's the right guy is full of it IMO.

It is not huge for recruiting, he has told every recruit that he isn't going anywhere and an extension does not prevent him from leaving. The only thing that ends any specualtion is Penn St. hiring a coach that isn't Golden.

It does make a big difference as (like I said a little earlier) there is almost certainly a huge buyout on his end if he were to leave this year. I know people think other schools can just throw around money, but not many teams are willing to throw around several hundred thousand dollars just to then be able to pay the coach several million dollars.

But Penn St. is one of those teams. If they felt Golden was the right man they could/would pay whatever it took and since Penn St. is really the only team in the conversation at the moment it doesn't make any difference.

Advertisement
First off, I am a Golden fan, I think he has done well all season except for this BC game. But he took advantage of the situation and I think the admin folded. He wasn't going anywhere, and truth be told, he didn't do anything other than a few good press conferences to deserve an extension. Its everything that is wrong with sports and the world in general. work your ****ING CONTRACT. as an alum, I am ****ed.

its ashamed this quality poster was BAND for being so right

Advertisement
Back