Construction has started for the IPF

Advertisement
Should have contracted Trump to get it built.

It would be done in six months.

Under budget.
Like the condos he tried to get built in Tampa?

Would you like it better if it was constructed overnight, in secret, the doors wouldn't work on opening day, and the roof crashed in a few years? Then the builders and their fans could admire it and tell us how great it is and why it should be "tweaked." ;-)

Lady: "He's a lovely dog."
Garbage Truck Driver: "He's dead lady, the truck just flattened him."
Idk if you are talking to me but if so.....

Buyers still feel burned by Donald Trump after Tampa condo tower failure | Tampa Bay Times

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Should have contracted Trump to get it built.

It would be done in six months.

Under budget.
Like the condos he tried to get built in Tampa?

Would you like it better if it was constructed overnight, in secret, the doors wouldn't work on opening day, and the roof crashed in a few years? Then the builders and their fans could admire it and tell us how great it is and why it should be "tweaked." ;-)

Lady: "He's a lovely dog."
Garbage Truck Driver: "He's dead lady, the truck just flattened him."
Idk if you are talking to me but if so.....

Buyers still feel burned by Donald Trump after Tampa condo tower failure | Tampa Bay Times

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

If you're going to do it - do it right.

Trump didn't do that - five other builders screwed the pooch. They just paid Trump a couple million to put his name on it.

But Trump wasn't in the financing, the construction, the selling - none of it. They wanted to hang his name on it - paid for that right - and their deal collapsed with the real estate market crash. Just bad timing.

Advertisement
IPF photos for an overview of the site. Photos made from 5th floor deck of the new Lennar Medical Center.

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Advertisement
No Indoor Practice Facility webcam progress is going to make me feel better when the Spring depth chart still shows Doormatt starting at left tackle.

I'm thoroughly confused by sentiments expressed in this thread. Apparently South Florida construction is beyond slow and inefficient.....yet one of the default talking points when someone (usually on their way out of the area after losing at life here) wants to ***** about the region is how it's sooooooooo overdeveloped.

We're not building a soccer stadium in the hood here guys. I'll bet anyone an autographed Joe Zagacki Big Cheese napkin that this thing gets done on time.

Advertisement
yet one of the default talking points when someone (usually on their way out of the area after losing at life here) wants to ***** about the region is how it's sooooooooo overdeveloped.

So much truth in above statement.

Even with canes fans you hear this shīt. They can't hack it here, or just don't like the area, and afterwards never fail to take a dump on the area, whether asked or not. Sound exactly just like gaturd fans when they shīt on S. Florida.

so..

1. The current untouched area will all be IPF, right?
2. I'm guessing the grounds currently being bulldozed is getting some fresh playing surface? Grass or turf?

Advertisement
View attachment 45274

Serious question: Is that a historically protected goal post that they can't tear down? Will it remain on the outside of the new IPF or will it be under the roof?

I could be wrong but isn't that goalpost supposed to be 120yards away from the IPF. Looks like everything they cleared out is going to be Outside the IPF and they left the IPF turf intact.

so..

1. The current untouched area will all be IPF, right?
2. I'm guessing the grounds currently being bulldozed is getting some fresh playing surface? Grass or turf?

Interesting question. They hadn't mentioned anything about switching from grass to turf but it would look really **** clean if they did.

View attachment 45274

Serious question: Is that a historically protected goal post that they can't tear down? Will it remain on the outside of the new IPF or will it be under the roof?

I could be wrong but isn't that goalpost supposed to be 120yards away from the IPF. Looks like everything they cleared out is going to be Outside the IPF and they left the IPF turf intact.

I don't know what you think you are looking at in that picture, but the photo appears to have been taken from the top of the parking garage, looking due west, at Chuck Cobb Stadium, which will probably be where the team practices during construction.

The Hecht Athletic Center would be just to the right, out of frame, beyond the north part of the track. The cleared land immediately in the foreground will be the staging area for construction, and the construction will happen to the right side of the picture as well.

I'm sure they will restore the sod for this particular field when construction is done.

This is the only side of the IPF on which they could stage construction, as the other 3 sides of the IPF are: a canal; the Wellness Center; and the Hecht.

View attachment 45274

I don't know what you think you are looking at in that picture, but the photo appears to have been taken from the top of the parking garage, looking due west, at Chuck Cobb Stadium, which will probably be where the team practices during construction.

The Hecht Athletic Center would be just to the right, out of frame, beyond the north part of the track. The cleared land immediately in the foreground will be the staging area for construction, and the construction will happen to the right side of the picture as well.

I'm sure they will restore the sod for this particular field when construction is done.

This is the only side of the IPF on which they could stage construction, as the other 3 sides of the IPF are: a canal; the Wellness Center; and the Hecht.

I think you need to re-read what I wrote.
Because I'm very clear in my understanding where everything is and where the IPF will be.

Advertisement
Back