Conspiracy for the U to stay buried.

1. The place felt like it was going to shake apart when the crowd was stomping. I mean literally you could see the seats moving up and down like an earthquake. The louder it got the more it would shake and the more it fired up the crowd. It was crazy loud.

2. The open ended stadium was cool.

3. Apparently it was notoriously awful in the visitors locker room. Sewage pipes would burst, hot water didn't work. It was a ****hole for visitors and it would unnerve them before the game even started. Imagine you are a player on a visiting team, you are fired up, then notice a brown drip on your white uniform. You look up to see the waste pipe has cracked and you are getting sprayed with ****water. It would get in their heads.

4. for a Duke, GT, or FIU game there would have been 35k people and wouldn't have made a g-d difference

Advertisement
What is it with the seats everyone is talking about. Where the sidelines just smaller or something so the chairs where closer to the sidelines than other stadiums?

The seats were more steep and vertical then HRS. The second deck hover over the first deck seating so you were right on top of the action.

It was loud, and if it was big enough game the place shook.

4. for a Duke, GT, or FIU game there would have been 35k people and wouldn't have made a g-d difference

True but you'd have a good amount of students too who tend to be- shall we say - much more rude and obnoxious towards opponents.

Advertisement
What is it with the seats everyone is talking about. Where the sidelines just smaller or something so the chairs where closer to the sidelines than other stadiums?

We were close to the field, @OriginalGatorHater, it did feel like the place was bouncing when the fans were loud!! The wez was always rockin’.... funny ****, I had so much fun just meeting fans in the stands that I never walked over to the WEZ to party and wild the fvck out... funny stuff.

The seats were more steep and vertical then HRS. The second deck hover over the first deck seating so you were right on top of the action.

It was loud, and if it was big enough game the place shook.

HRS is loud as **** and is a huge advantage even half full in the rain.

The players and coaches need to show the **** up is problem #1 to #98.

We were close to the field, @OriginalGatorHater, it did feel like the place was bouncing when the fans were loud!! The wez was always rockin’.... funny ****, I had so much fun just meeting fans in the stands that I never walked over to the WEZ to party and wild the fvck out... funny stuff.

LOL! That sounds amazing. YOu guys are all depressing me now that I will never be able to go to the OB.

Thank you. This really explains it well. I appreciate it.

Oh there was also A LOT of alcohol. When I was in law school I was literally handed a check for $800 by the school admin and was told to go buy as many beer kegs as I could for the law school tailgates. It was pretty sweet.

Advertisement
LOL! That sounds amazing. YOu guys are all depressing me now that I will never be able to go to the OB.

****, my brother I don’t want you to feel like that. As you know I’m from Jersey, and about the 14 times I made it to the old girl it was great!! It’s memories now, thanks to these money sucking scumbags, we won’t get that feeling back.... maybe forever! SAD!

****, my brother I don’t want you to feel like that. As you know I’m from Jersey, and about the 14 times I made it to the old girl it was great!! It’s memories now, thanks to these money sucking scumbags, we won’t get that feeling back.... maybe forever! SAD!

LOL! I was only joking brother. I am happy you shared that experience with me. Just gotta hope, one day, we can turn this schit around lol.

That would be evidence to back up your claim, but it doesn't tell me WHY it was so much better.
almost impossible to explain Bro .... the OB had something that no other stadium i have ever been in had and many people told me the same thing..... there was a magic ... an energy in that place that you could almost taste ..
try this ... one woman makes you turn into jelly while any other woman can't even come close to doing that.. kinda like that.

Advertisement
almost impossible to explain Bro .... the OB had something that no other stadium i have ever been in had and many people told me the same thing..... there was a magic ... an energy in that place that you could almost taste ..
try this ... one woman makes you turn into jelly while any other woman can't even come close to doing that.. kinda like that.

Nicely put @mdpcane, yeah it was so different. There was a cloud hovering over the other team and that cloud were the Miami Hurricanes!!

Advertisement
That is actually awesome. Thank you.

I'll add one more thing to what everyone has already pointed out - the crowd.

Visiting teams would drive their bus up to the stadium, and in those days Little Havana was rougher than it is today. I heard of many times when the visiting team's bus would be pelted by beer cans etc on the drive in

And then... the stadium attracted the good people local to the area, just like Hard Rock today attracts Broward dorks. Let's just say that the West End Zone had a different kind of rancor and personality than anything you'll find at Hard Rock.

I would say the Orange Bowl represented the real people of Miami in a way that the new stadium never will. And I think that translated on to the field and it got in to the heads of our opponents.

There is no conspiracy to bury the University of Miami football program. I know this for a fact.

What's really happening is, a decision was made 10-15 years ago to sort of "reset" the football program so that it could generate a new culture that wouldn't continually embarrass the university. The administration is not opposed to the Hurricanes football team, or any other athletic program at the University of Miami, achieving national success, or even dominance. What they are opposed to is the athletic department hurting and/or destroying the credibility of the academic/research side of the university. The old administration didn't care if people around the country viewed the University of Miami as "Thug U" or "the CoCanes". The new administration does. They are going to hire stable, clean-cut coaches to run the athletic programs, even if they aren't necessarily successful. They will keep trying to find coaches who can win and bring in revenue, but they won't let any of the sports within the athletic department becomes circuses, like football was from the mid-80s to the mid-2000s. They are all in favor of winning national titles if it can be done cleanly and without any negative attention to the university.

That's how it was explained to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back