Connor Lew Film Review: Great Wall Of Mirabal

Advertisement
94B154D1-E6AE-401F-A578-00987565020E.jpeg

I love seeing the chemistry with these guys already

Tripp has been instrumental

A lot of the OL play is how they play as a unit and these guys are already acting like one
This kid has a great attitude. Bringing in another Center? Alright let’s get better together and may the best man win. I’ve never understood that diva mentality by some recruits who then turn around and commit to top schools who continuously stock pile talent. Glad to have such an amazing kid on board, and I love the mentality change within the entire program with not only current players buying in but also the studs committing to us.

Advertisement
This kid has a great attitude. Bringing in another Center? Alright let’s get better together and may the best man win. I’ve never understood that diva mentality by some recruits who then turn around and commit to top schools who continuously stock pile talent. Glad to have such an amazing kid on board, and I love the mentality change within the entire program with not only current players buying in but also the studs committing to us.
I will say all the commitment videos and interviews I’ve seen with this class, I’ve been very impressed with the maturity and how they conduct themselves

Makes sense when you’re committing to a guy like Mario

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some notes from Wiltfong:

Acworth (Ga.) Kennesaw Mountain four-star offensive lineman Connor Lew will play his college football for the program he grew up watching, announcing his commitment to Miami early Friday evening.

Set to play in the All-American Bowl following his senior season, Lew chose the Hurricanes over an offer list that included Auburn, Clemson and Georgia.

“My dad is a big Miami fan,” Lew stated. “I don’t think that’s much of a secret if you see his social media. Being familiar and being around the program every Saturday and coming downstairs and I see the Miami game on, the familiarity is another thing for Miami.”

In two falls the elder Lew is going to see his last name on the back of his favorite players uniform.

“He’s probably going to pass out,” Lew laughed.

Lew was one of the most coveted centers in the 2023 class and is tabbed by the Top247 as the country’s No. 14 interior offensive lineman overall. He is commit No. 17 for head coach Mario Cristobal and his staff in the cycle.

“I’d say a lot of things,” Lew said of what leads him to Coral Gables. “But the two biggest factors for me was No. 1 given the fact you have a head coach who is an offensive line guy and develops offensive linemen alongside a good offensive line coach, Coach (Alex) Mirabal. I’ve been saying this all along, that’s truly special. Developing o-linemen is kind of what they do. They’ve proven that.”

Lew took his official the weekend of June 10.

“The family vibe I got on my official visit, I say this over and over again too, family is very overused word in recruiting, only a handful of schools I can name show it and Miami was one of those.”

With Lew in the fold Miami jumps two spots to No. 7 in the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings, passing Clemson in the process for the No. 1 haul in the ACC.

“This class that they’ve been building has definitely caught a lot of eyes,” Lew said. “They’re bringing in a lot of good players and getting a chance to be part of that and bring Miami ‘back to work’ is what we’ve been saying and bring Miami back to work and work alongside these talented recruits, the hype surrounding the program is real for a reason and the class they’re building is proof of that.”

I like this kid. Smart and honest

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back