Congratulations Da'Vante Phillips, You played yourself.

Advertisement
FSU players stay in the headlines for legal reasons, but for some reason Miami is still thug U. SMH

Needed to move out of
Miami to avoid trouble?! Heard this story before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSU players stay in the headlines for legal reasons, but for some reason Miami is still thug U. SMH

Careful, almost sounds like you're trying to reason with FSU fans about criminal history at each program. That's impossible.

Advertisement
You mean the Tallahassee Police aren't going to let it slide?

Who's to say the charges won't be dropped and he'll be reinstated? TPD probably just hasn't had a chance to sit down with Jimbo and discuss whether he's more valuable to the team as a WR or as a scape goat to maintain the farce of justice that is the FSU-TPD relationship.

Advertisement
FSU only has two WR who have ever caught a collegiate pass.

Lol at even the thought of the Frenchman, Izzo, new RBs a garbage group of WR's beating this Miami defense. They will be lucky to score 14.

Perhaps, Miami wasn't the problem.

The actual term of his suspension/punishment will be determined by how much he can help the team win games. The relationship between severity of punishment and his ability to make plays is inverse for all of you mathematicians.

to a certain extent Jimmy Johnson believed in this system (although not for the commission of a crime). he tells the story of how he cut some JAG from the cowboys who fell asleep during film study but said that if Troy Aikman had been the one asleep, he would have brought him a pillow.

That JAG was Swervin Curvin Richards.

No, it was John Roper. The Swerving Curvin story is even better. See Pearlman: "Boys Will Be Boys" excerpt - ESPN Page 2.

That's why JJ was such a good coach

this thread is extremely distasteful as grown men almost make fun of a kid who got arrested all because he didn't come to the University of Miami

Advertisement
Oh, we wanted to get him out of Miami. Bad influences..etc....I swear I hear that dumb sht with South Fl recruits every year.

Marcus Forston had the best response I've ever heard to that bull$h!t line..."If I've never gotten in trouble in the Pork & Beans, fuq make you think I'ma get in trouble in Coral Gables."

this thread is extremely distasteful as grown men almost make fun of a kid who got arrested all because he didn't come to the University of Miami
No, I admonish the kid because he didn't just make an honest mistake, he went out of his way to do something stupid despite having numerous opportunities to not do it.

The fact he spurned Miami in favor of FSU is at the core of the discussion because the so called main reason he wanted to get out of Miami is because he felt the environment would keep him in more trouble.

Been in Tallahassee for 2 years & still wound up finding trouble, that's the whole point.

Advertisement
He was taken in by Betty Cook after his Mother was tragically killed, so for that I used to have some sympathy for him.

But, since he's still out there acting a *** I have none.

It should be a lesson to Miami kids, even if you don't come to the U, if you think you're doing something to us by going to UF or FSU, you're just gonna end up playing yourself.

That's was my aunts best friend Sheree and it is a tradegy that he's still doing things like this but this is the world these kids live in and where I use to live in and come from you don't shed life long tendencies in a matter or months or years..
Believe me I know first hand.

It's the reason why I'm going in on him, when something like that happens to you as a young man, that's the perfect opportunity to change for the better & become determined to be the best you can be.

It ain't easy, it ain't easy at all, but that's what makes it important to honor the legacy of your Mother.
You don't let tragedy turn you into a criminal, you use it as a moment to elevate yourself from your surrounding circumstances.

Every time he's presented with doing something wrong the first thought that should come to his mind is his Mother & how she would feel if she knew what he was doing. It should be the main reason why he's not out there scamming & getting in trouble.

That's some real **** right there.

FSU has Bama first game and Miami week three. These charges get dismissed real quick in Tally.

Lol D money said on the podcast FSU players will either be in jail or selling shoes. True words

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

He was taken in by Betty Cook after his Mother was tragically killed, so for that I used to have some sympathy for him.

But, since he's still out there acting a *** I have none.

It should be a lesson to Miami kids, even if you don't come to the U, if you think you're doing something to us by going to UF or FSU, you're just gonna end up playing yourself.

That's was my aunts best friend Sheree and it is a tradegy that he's still doing things like this but this is the world these kids live in and where I use to live in and come from you don't shed life long tendencies in a matter or months or years..
Believe me I know first hand.

It's the reason why I'm going in on him, when something like that happens to you as a young man, that's the perfect opportunity to change for the better & become determined to be the best you can be.

It ain't easy, it ain't easy at all, but that's what makes it important to honor the legacy of your Mother.
You don't let tragedy turn you into a criminal
, you use it as a moment to elevate yourself from your surrounding circumstances.

Every time he's presented with doing something wrong the first thought that should come to his mind is his Mother & how she would feel if she knew what he was doing. It should be the main reason why he's not out there scamming & getting in trouble.

thank you.

i'm sick and tired of the excuses made for these kids. it's as though poor black kids from Miami are the only ones who have ever suffered hardship and disadvantages in life. my roommate in college grew up doing his homework under the bed in the projects of DC to avoid the gunshots. You know what they call him now?

Yale alumnus ... former all-ivy league athlete, and .... doctor because he's a distinguished surgeon in California.

if da'vonte was standing in front of him right now, my old roommate would beat that knucklehead within an inch of his life and tell him to shape the f*ck up.

Advertisement
Back