Congratulations Da'Vante Phillips, You played yourself.

Advertisement
Wasn't this the guy who chose FSWho because gang members were hunting his family in Miami?

Several traitors assured us "we couldn't understand", and "some kids really have to get away." Just another traitor, amazing how many of them end up in something similar.
You can send a ***** to another city for a fresh start but in the end she's still gonna *****!

Good insightful thread courtesy of el liberty, Lucane, and dukebees. Much respect to the three of you. Tough neighborhood you grew up in and you all seem pretty good dudes. I am not qualified to shed a valid opinion since I did not grow up/ saw what you saw/lived ever with a need for food or clothes but your arguments seem pretty reasonable. I will say however that the U (football) cut its teeth because of all the inner city kids that came to the U from the hood. Without them we don't exist as we know it.

Wasn't this the guy who chose FSWho because gang members were hunting his family in Miami?

Several traitors assured us "we couldn't understand", and "some kids really have to get away." Just another traitor, amazing how many of them end up in something similar.

he really needed to get away...not a joke thing like the other guys who just use it as a cop out.

No, he needed to join the Army or Marines or something like that.

Getting out of Miami wasn't going to solve anything if he just went to a school where athletes are almost treated as above the law. The kid seems like he needed discipline and better influences. Just because he had bad influences in Miami didn't mean things would improve in Tallahassee

Exactly....Tallahassee has just as many temptations as Miami

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
According to Leon Circuit Court records, Phillips bought four money orders for $485.89 at the Publix on Ocala Road last January, then altered each to $700, a difference of more than $2,300. He then deposited the altered money orders into his bank account, according to court records.

The investigation report said that while depositing the money orders at a SunTrust Bank ATM machine near campus, Phillips stood out of the camera range in an effort to avoid being seen. However, he was captured by the ATM camera when he walked in front of it as he left.

Dummmmm...***.

Now He's gonna get a felony conviction, and in turn He's gonna give em' some of His Constitutional rights.

These Young Black Men need to understand that until the day these felony convictions start effecting their voting bloc, AAs will continue to be the largest disenfranchised population in this racist *** State...no win game.

LOL!

These SJW kids have no idea what institutional racism really looks like.

What a shame.

NO EXCUSES LMAO! 6 scholly WRs left and our top 5 corners will DOMINATE them. Coupled with the pressure on François neck all night and the streak dies. I'm saying it NOW! WHOOOO!

42 days, my friend.
Starting to get lathered up already.

Advertisement
Are we rooting for and celebrating the youth of America committing crimes(poorly) and going to jail?

Seems legit.

I'm not.
A bit ironic, though, that Miami was "suggested" to be the cause of his troubled past.
Now he is in trouble in Tally.
Now there are consequences.
I hope this is the point where he turns his life around.

this thread is extremely distasteful as grown men almost make fun of a kid who got arrested all because he didn't come to the University of Miami
No, I admonish the kid because he didn't just make an honest mistake, he went out of his way to do something stupid despite having numerous opportunities to not do it.

The fact he spurned Miami in favor of FSU is at the core of the discussion because the so called main reason he wanted to get out of Miami is because he felt the environment would keep him in more trouble.

Been in Tallahassee for 2 years & still wound up finding trouble, that's the whole point.
Kid bought the line that was fed to him, period. "Son, you need a change. It's not you, it's your environment."

If he was thinking for himself he would have realized the good, the bad and the ugly were entirely under his control.

Watch Dumbo change this narrative into, "this is why we should pay these kids."

Advertisement
Like I said in a previous thread. Every year we lose a recruit or 2 to UF, FSU or osu and then end up havin meltdowns for days over them. Then said recruit ends up doing nothing, getting no kicked off or leaving the team...

Are we rooting for and celebrating the youth of America committing crimes(poorly) and going to jail?

Seems legit.

I'm not.
A bit ironic, though, that Miami was "suggested" to be the cause of his troubled past.
Now he is in trouble in Tally.
Now there are consequences.
I hope this is the point where he turns his life around.

One time, when I was fourteen, Minot made me embezzle $47,000 cash for Fresno. Luckily St. Petersburg tipped Minneapolis.

According to Leon Circuit Court records, Phillips bought four money orders for $485.89 at the Publix on Ocala Road last January, then altered each to $700, a difference of more than $2,300. He then deposited the altered money orders into his bank account, according to court records.

The investigation report said that while depositing the money orders at a SunTrust Bank ATM machine near campus, Phillips stood out of the camera range in an effort to avoid being seen. However, he was captured by the ATM camera when he walked in front of it as he left.

Dummmmm...***.

Now He's gonna get a felony conviction, and in turn He's gonna give em' some of His Constitutional rights.

These Young Black Men need to understand that until the day these felony convictions start effecting their voting bloc, AAs will continue to be the largest disenfranchised population in this racist *** State...no win game.

LOL!

These SJW kids have no idea what institutional racism really looks like.

What a shame.

Lol at ppl still believing voting matters

Advertisement

he really needed to get away...not a joke thing like the other guys who just use it as a cop out.

No, he needed to join the Army or Marines or something like that.

Getting out of Miami wasn't going to solve anything if he just went to a school where athletes are almost treated as above the law. The kid seems like he needed discipline and better influences. Just because he had bad influences in Miami didn't mean things would improve in Tallahassee

it had nothing to do with "influence" or the like. It was some real stuff going on around...his **** mother got gunned down and all. Again he's plugged in like a brother with Dalvin Cook who just got drafted. He'll be ok...lesson learned for him..tough luck., But im just speaking on knowing some of his situation here around the time of his recruitment...and going away might have been good for him....i dont think we missed much production from him so...

Cuckbo comes down hard because Phillips is not projected to be even in the top 3 deep of wide receivers.
InThat's how it works in Trailerhassee.

Now he can say they have strong discipline.

In Tuscaloosa as well. Nick Sabin is a joke. Win at all cost. No integrity. Players getting DUI's, carrying guns and weed... No problem. Do some community service and not miss a minute of any game. Pathetic!!!

Advertisement
Back