Congrats to the maggot brains who rooted FSU season as "cane fans"..

Advertisement
I simply miss the days when we were two badass schools and the winner had the inside track to the national championship. I'd say that those classic wins were as great or even greater than any other game we've played. The only others that even rival it in my mind is some wins over the Notre Lames.

Now, we're lucky if both teams can even make a bowl and it's one of the rivalries that used to mean something nationally, but we're the only ones that care anymore.

Simply put, I want the rivalry to get back to what it was and if that means FSU has to rise with us, then so be it. It's not even fun talking **** to some old FSU friends as the **** talk is generally meaningless since it's just about who sucks less.

Advertisement
So somehow Canes fans wanting both teams to be at full strength so that way there were no excuses if/when Miami won equals them secretly cheering for FSU? I swear team fandom turns people into morons. OP is mad that FSU finished ranked 9-3, while Miami, depending the outcome of the Pitt game, will finish 5-7 or 6-6. Take your frustrations out on Mario and his schitt staff, not Canes fans.

Don't let our garbage year or UiF's resounding mediocrity trick you into believing what will probably end up as a 9-4 (with 3 conference losses) season for FSU is some great year that we have to be worried about.

Only a legit weirdo would WANT FSU to have ANY success but I'm not going to ever apologize either for hating UiF and their fans more. We all can walk and snort lines at the same time. There's plenty of hate to be directed at both places.

Advertisement
Don't let our garbage year or UiF's resounding mediocrity trick you into believing what will probably end up as a 9-4 (with 3 conference losses) season for FSU is some great year that we have to be worried about.

Only a legit weirdo would WANT FSU to have ANY success but I'm not going to ever apologize either for hating UiF and their fans more. We all can walk and snort lines at the same time. There's plenty of hate to be directed at both places.
los angeles humor GIF by kingpalewave

Some of you guys are missing the point, post didnt say anything about UF or less/more hate.. This was directed at "canes fans" who in beginning of season were openly rooting for fsu to "win many games" and "be relevant" and "college football is better with fsu winning games" and being successful, would help um if fsu was good in their heads some how..

They are popping bottles tonight

Some of you guys are missing the point, post didnt say anything about UF or less/more hate.. This was directed at "canes fans" who in beginning of season were openly rooting for fsu to "win many games" and "be relevant" and "college football is better with fsu winning games" and being successful, would help um if fsu was good in their heads some how..

They are popping bottles tonight
So the night before Miami's final game of the season, where the team is one win away from bowl eligibility and a .500 record, trying to salvage what has been a very disappointing 1st season under a new HC who hired a questionable staff, lots of attrition/roster turnover through the portal and you find the time to make a post about Florida State? Not only do you make a post about a hated rival, but you immediately go on the defense in your accusations about Canes fans who were supposedly "cheering" for them. Seems like that school in Tallahassee is taking up an adequate amount of real estate in your head.

Won’t watch the game, but a game worse than our 14-12 3 OT win over UVA would get a chuckle.

Advertisement
I remember as well

The empathy post talking about don't want a down fsu team is bad for the rivalry, etc.

Now look at ya.....

Not a single fsu fan gives a f-ck all of my fsu fan friends laugh at us every week. Most of yall are pining to be like fsu currently **** wha a difference 3 months makes
3 months ago FSU sucked, & we were Hot ****
I dont have the care to look it up but I know there was a rabid contingent on opening weekend who were rooting for a strong FSU season, look like they got their wish.. Enjoy the puss coming out of your ears with your riddled brains from all the mental gymnastics..

I dont have the care to look it up but I know there was a rabid contingent on opening weekend who were rooting for a strong FSU season, look like they got their wish.. Enjoy the puss coming out of your ears with your riddled brains from all the mental gymnastics..
I was one of them, **** youself..

So the night before Miami's final game of the season, where the team is one win away from bowl eligibility and a .500 record, trying to salvage what has been a very disappointing 1st season under a new HC who hired a questionable staff, lots of attrition/roster turnover through the portal and you find the time to make a post about Florida State? Not only do you make a post about a hated rival, but you immediately go on the defense in your accusations about Canes fans who were supposedly "cheering" for them. Seems like that school in Tallahassee is taking up an adequate amount of real estate in your head.
I'd largely agree but I think you're framing it slightly different than what any "normal" people actually say. I think the popular narrative is "college football is better when all the Florida schools are good" as opposed to just focusing on FSU.

But maybe we're just dealing in semantics here? I personally couldn't care less if they actually shut down the entire University of Florida and FSU only existed for us to break their hearts and spirit annually.

This is just a pretty old debate across all of sports though. Would you prefer for a rival to perpetually suck or does a rival have to have some* success to actually be a rival? And do you prefer you beating them to "look" better and hurt them more because they don't suck?

My general perspective with FSU is I only root for their opponent to lose is if it's UiF (in most instances) or mayyyyybe if I think we're going to beat them next week and they'd possibly be undefeated in that match-up. And even that has major caveats.

Advertisement
I'd largely agree but I think you're framing it slightly different than what any "normal" people actually say. I think the popular narrative is "college football is better when all the Florida schools are good" as opposed to just focusing on FSU.

But maybe we're just dealing in semantics here? I personally couldn't care less if they actually shut down the entire University of Florida and FSU only existed for us to break their hearts and spirit annually.

This is just a pretty old debate across all of sports though. Would you prefer for a rival to perpetually suck or does a rival have to have some* success to actually be a rival? And do you prefer you beating them to "look" better and hurt them more because they don't suck?

My general perspective with FSU is I only root for their opponent to lose is if it's UiF (in most instances) or mayyyyybe if I think we're going to beat them next week and they'd possibly be undefeated in that match-up. And even that has major caveats.
I think you and i share a very similar sentiment. Typically i don't pay much attention to FSU's roster, schedule, w/l record etc outside of its immediate relevance to Miami when the Canes play them. That being said, it would be flat out wrong to state that a game between Miami and FSU with both teams being undefeated wouldn't mean more and carry significant national implications.

I remember as well

The empathy post talking about don't want a down fsu team is bad for the rivalry, etc.

Now look at ya.....

Not a single fsu fan gives a f-ck all of my fsu fan friends laugh at us every week. Most of yall are pining to be like fsu currently **** wha a difference 3 months makes
They lose a ton off this team. Cornroe better do well in the Portal.

Advertisement
Back