MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

According to this, Miami is the third highest spending university IN THE COUNTRY on football. Behind only Alabama and FSU.... and FSU's spending is mostly on stadium repairs and buyouts for fired coaches. Miami outspent any team in the Big10, every team in the SEC except Alabama, and of course any team in the Big 12.

Our investment in football matters. And that's not even talking about NIL, which you can tell by how we are recruiting is also very competitive.

This tells you two things. A.) Miami is attractive. Conferences want schools that want to invest in their football, especially conferences where it just means more. What better way to show how much it means than spending big on it? B.) Miami is not sleeping. No way Miami admin is spending $74M on football each year and then just blowing in the wind with the conference realignment stuff, when you're that invested then you're also attentive.

View attachment 290164
aTm corch salary situation invalidates this entire chart

Advertisement
Which would make sense cause UNC is basically the foundation school of the ACC.
More than that ... the State legislature has the objective of INCREASING SPORTS TOURISM in the State. They projected that the ACC conference contributes between $500-$600 million annually to the Charlotte metro area due to conference championship events and other activities that bring teams, coaches, media and fans. They have discussed providing funds directly TO UNC and perhaps other schools to narrow the revenue gap with the SEC.

Advertisement
HAVE to HAVE three WORDS or more caps or NO CAP. 😂

1716493794385.png

Advertisement
I thought about the NC St split but I don’t think keeping them in the same conference would matter as much as making sure NC St doesn’t end up in the G5. Also as we see from FSU UF, you can still have an annual game between the two.

As for Pitt, you are probably right, in which case swap Baylor for Pitt in the above scenario. It unbalances the private/public a little bit but maybe you put Clemson in with the private school division even though it’s public because of the low enrollment numbers (24k total students)

You get carriage fees in Florida Texas Pennsylvania Georgia North Carolina South Carolina Indiana and California. That’s a lot of money.
To reduce your fears of imbalance, Pitt Like Temple were private schools until the mid 60's when they were bailed out of financial trouble because (my opinion), they were deemed too big to fail because they had medical schools, dental schools, law schools, etc.

Advertisement
To reduce your fears of imbalance, Pitt Like Temple were private schools until the mid 60's when they were bailed out of financial trouble because (my opinion), they were deemed too big to fail because they had medical schools, dental schools, law schools, etc.

There were also other revenue factors in the 50s-60s-70s with "urban private schools" that didn't have massive endowments like Stanford, Duke, Vandy, Rice, etc.

Miami, too, explored becoming a Florida PUBLIC school. You know who blocked it? THE GATOR.

When I was younger, I was proud that Miami was a private. Now that the cost of attendance is pushing $100K per year...I'm not as sure as I once was...

There were also other revenue factors in the 50s-60s-70s with "urban private schools" that didn't have massive endowments like Stanford, Duke, Vandy, Rice, etc.

Miami, too, explored becoming a Florida PUBLIC school. You know who blocked it? THE GATOR.

When I was younger, I was proud that Miami was a private. Now that the cost of attendance is pushing $100K per year...I'm not as sure as I once was...
Unsustainable.

Advertisement
Many of you will be interested in th is even if it’s speculation. Save your time and jump in around 34 minutes. It’s live now so I can’t give you a summary yet

Many of you will be interested in th is even if it’s speculation. Save your time and jump in around 34 minutes. It’s live now so I can’t give you a summary yet

I watch it sometimes. The chat is infested with semenholes who think the world revolves around FSU.

Apparently he got some news that FSU is negotiating with the ACC to exit. Some information he received says that FSU people want to go to the SEC or the B1G. (No surprise) Now all the nole dorks believe this is happening because the SEC wants FSU to keep the B1G out of Florida. Is anything here actual evidence they are about to leave the ACC?

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Apparently he got some news that FSU is negotiating with the ACC. Some information that FSU people want to go to the SEC or the B1G. Now all the nole dorks believe this is happening because the SEC wants FSU to keep the B1G out of Florida.

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It’s the same rhetoric, nothing groundbreaking or earth shattering. Furthermore, it’s still speculative & we know it’s speculative b/c there’s zero definitive statements made. All that needs to happen is we gotta see if or when it happens. Until then, it’s literally riveting conjecture to make the off season go by quicker.

The differences between Texas, OU, USC, UCLA, UO, UW, etc leaving their conferences v. what’s happening in the ACC is quite simple:

1. Texas & OU bailed w/ 1 yr left (Big 12 contract renews July 1 2025, & the Red River Rivals begin SEC membership July 1, 2024 when the new SEC contract begins.)

2. USC & UCLA move to the B1G was negotiated prior to The B1G new media deal, & both stayed members of the PAC-12 until their media rights officially ended at the end of the 2023-2024 season. All other schools leaving for the B1G & B12 also left when it became apparent once the media rights negotiated by the PAC-12 would put them grossly behind the all other conferences b/c The L.A market was not longer viable.

This ACC fiasco a totally different set of rules.
-Will the GOR end in 3 yrs or 9 yrs?
-Is the early exit fee predicated upon 2027 or 2036?
-Did the Presidents, Legal Counsel all willingly & knowingly sign this GOR?
-Is there any ambiguous language involved in said GOR which allows for an early terminations with minimal punitive financial damages to exiting programs?

It’s just way, too, many moving parts which is y it’s speculation, b/c while the other aforementioned program’s exits were clean w/ minimal financial obligations to their prior conferences (e.g Texas & OU exit fee was $100m COMBINED towards the Big 12, The Departing PAC-12 schools having to pay OrSU/WASU $65m COMBINED for leaving the PAC-12, w/ UCLA having to pay an add’l $10m/yr for the next 3 yrs to Cal), that’s a lot different than having to pay a potential $150-$300m exit fee. Lol.

At least there’s some speculation that FSU may just say Fck it, & swallow that financial pill.

Advertisement
Back