MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Miami, Stanford, and Cal will be the crown jewel academic schools of the ACC/Big12/PAC12 merger, which will he called the BAC - The Big Academics Conference. Shalala's dream will come true and UM will be mentioned in the same breath as Stanford.

And UM fans will floored when it turns out that Frenk is actually a failed attempt at cloning Shalala, but he was weak and without all her powers. The real Shalala has been hiding in Havana, orchestrating this the whole time. Who do you think brought Stanford and Cal, schools that barely have a football program, across the country to join the ACC? Who tipped FSU off about the ACC's self dealing so that FSU and Clemson will leave and force the acc to look for alliances?

Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF
keep on going emperor palpagina

Advertisement
Re read my comment ... ."then add in the rest of the B10". There are millions of Florida residents that have located from B10 country and are rabid college football fans. Walk into any sports bar in Naples on Saturday and you're going to see Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State all over the place. At my local sports bar in DeLand the upscale clientele is wearing B10 gear and the rusty pickup crowd has the FSU gear on. Places like Margaritaville in Daytona Beach ... 3800 homes that didn't exist 4 years ago ... close to 10,000 people living there ... virtually 100% from B10 country.
Sorry, not sure I misread your comment as the first sentence was "There are probably more Michigan alums / fans living in Naples / Tampa / Jacksonville / Daytona Beach than there are current FSU alums / fans in the State of Florida.", but okay.

I do like the idea that the upscale clientele are Big 10'ers and the rusty pickup rubes are FSU fans. lol In any case, if 2 of the Big 3 are in the Big 10, it definitely pulls the state in the Big 10 direction.

Advertisement
I haven’t been following but I understand that FSU filed a suit or was going to in Florida and I recall the ACC filing first in NC bc FSU couldn’t move intelligently in silence. Has it all been consolidated with venue in NC?
What we do know is that ESPN and ACC has been trying relentlessly to keep the ACC teams from getting access to the actual contract and I’m not sure the exact TV rights deal with ESPN has been made available.

The filing in North Carolina makes the likelihood
Of these being the documents in question more probable.

The bottom line is that this news doesn’t bode well for the ACC and Miami. We need to tune out our hatred for FSPoo and jump into the fight/jump ship from the conference as soon as possible.

The B1G and $EC joining forces and growing power together will completely squeeze all of CFB.

What we do know is that ESPN and ACC has been trying relentlessly to keep the ACC teams from getting access to the actual contract and I’m not sure the exact TV rights deal with ESPN has been made available.

The filing in North Carolina makes the likelihood
Of these being the documents in question more probable.

The bottom line is that this news doesn’t bode well for the ACC and Miami. We need to tune out our hatred for FSPoo and jump into the fight/jump ship from the conference as soon as possible.

The B1G and $EC joining forces and growing power together will completely squeeze all of CFB.
Why is this bad for Miami? I hate the ACC. I hope the ACC gets dragged along with anyone else involved in this “chicanery”, especially if it leads to invalidating agreements or parts of agreements.

Why is this bad for Miami? I hate the ACC. I hope the ACC gets dragged along with anyone else involved in this “chicanery”, especially if it leads to invalidating agreements or parts of agreements.
I think this is a further power grab by the $EC AND B1G.

And I assume them working in cahoots almost assuredly puts all of the power in their hands. They are going to have negotiationing leverage with TV contracts, scheduling and payment for lower schools, recruiting exposure, and any other benefits they can dream up.

I don’t see how those power conferences joining forces helps us unless we are in one of them.

Advertisement

And I assume them working in cahoots almost assuredly puts all of the power in their hands. They are going to have negotiationing leverage with TV contracts, scheduling and payment for lower schools, recruiting exposure, and any other benefits they can dream up.

I don’t see how those power conferences joining forces helps us unless we are in one of them.
Yeah I agree. I am hoping that whatever FSU does makes it easier for us to join another conference.

That's right.

The best case scenario for us was for B1G and SEC to both want us and get in a bidding war. B1G wants to expand into Florida and SEC wants to keep them out.

Now that they're working together (colluding) Our best hope is the B1G convinces the SEC to pressure ESPN/Disney to ease up on the ACC GOR so both the B1G and SEC can pick the conference clean with the few valuable programs remaining and let the rest dissolve or go elsewhere.

That's right.

The best case scenario for us was for B1G and SEC to both want us and get in a bidding war. B1G wants to expand into Florida and SEC wants to keep them out.

Now that they're working together (colluding) Our best hope is the B1G convinces the SEC to pressure ESPN/Disney to ease up on the ACC GOR so both the B1G and SEC can pick the conference clean with the few valuable programs remaining and let the rest dissolve or go elsewhere.

We've seen "alliances" in the recent past, remember the Big 10 and ACC PAC alliance? I wouldn't put much stock in this alliance, it only goes as far as it suits them individually. Big 10 still wants to get in to Florida and SEC still wants to keep them out, and they won't hesitate to stab each other in the back.

Advertisement
Hopefully we have our **** in a group. For once maybe this school can be proactive about the future.

Advertisement
Uhhh...F$U was a girl's school for a while. 42 years to be exact. And F$U wasn't nearly as big as it is today.

****, I remember when UCF was li'l ol' FTU. And had zero dorms. Two of my friends from high school were roomates at UCF's FIRST on-campus dorm in the 1980s.

Not everything, historically, is the same as it is today.

Meanwhile, Michigan has been a massive co-ed school for over 200 years.

View attachment 281552I kno
I know the history of FSU. So what? It's not 1960, it's 2024.

We've seen "alliances" in the recent past, remember the Big 10 and ACC PAC alliance? I wouldn't put much stock in this alliance, it only goes as far as it suits them individually. Big 10 still wants to get in to Florida and SEC still wants to keep them out, and they won't hesitate to stab each other in the back.
Shouldn't they just call it Fox and ABC/ESPN getting together to figure out a football and basketball playoff template with the SEC and Big 10 commissioners nodding their heads in agreement as the real decision makers in top level college football and men's basketball get together to figure out the future?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back