MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

That's right.

The best case scenario for us was for B1G and SEC to both want us and get in a bidding war. B1G wants to expand into Florida and SEC wants to keep them out.

Now that they're working together (colluding) Our best hope is the B1G convinces the SEC to pressure ESPN/Disney to ease up on the ACC GOR so both the B1G and SEC can pick the conference clean with the few valuable programs remaining and let the rest dissolve or go elsewhere.
CFB will settle at 36 or so teams.

Advertisement
Fwiw since he invoked Miami. Not commenting on if I agree or disagree with @Cane & Able

Unless this guy is Sankey or Pititti, or at least sitting in the same room during meetings with them, he’s getting all his info passed through any number of hands. It’s like what happens here on CIS countless times on any number of topics. Speculation and conjecture is thrown around as facts and the gullible run with it.

I have no clue what the outcome of all this conference realignment talk will come to and I’ll reserve judgement until I see with mine own eyes what that outcome MIGHT be. My hope is that whatever the outcome, it doesn’t destroy CFB as we know it but it sure seems it’s on a path for massive change - good, bad, or indifferent.

Unless this guy is Sankey or Pititti, or at least sitting in the same room during meetings with them, he’s getting all his info passed through any number of hands. It’s like what happens here on CIS countless times on any number of topics. Speculation and conjecture is thrown around as facts and the gullible run with it.

I have no clue what the outcome of all this conference realignment talk will come to and I’ll reserve judgement until I see with mine own eyes what that outcome MIGHT be. My hope is that whatever the outcome, it doesn’t destroy CFB as we know it but it sure seems it’s on a path for massive change - good, bad, or indifferent.
He is getting his SEC information from a few people that are close to the SEC but his Big 10 information is very direct. He worked for two Big 10 programs out of college and has contact at the top in those two schools, and he has worked with a company that provides service to athletic departments of Big 10 universities so he is literally talking every single day with personal contacts at different levels in several Big 10 schools. He is followed by several members of the UM athletic department. His information is probably more solid and fact based than 99% of the nonsense on X. AND he has been very consistent regarding the ACC program focus / interest by the B10 and the specific programs of interest ... along with details from the critical media partners supporting that interest. There are a lot of "clowns" posting on X but very few with 13,000 followers that include university AD's.

He is getting his SEC information from a few people that are close to the SEC but his Big 10 information is very direct. He worked for two Big 10 programs out of college and has contact at the top in those two schools, and he has worked with a company that provides service to athletic departments of Big 10 universities so he is literally talking every single day with personal contacts at different levels in several Big 10 schools. He is followed by several members of the UM athletic department. His information is probably more solid and fact based than 99% of the nonsense on X. AND he has been very consistent regarding the ACC program focus / interest by the B10 and the specific programs of interest ... along with details from the critical media partners supporting that interest. There are a lot of "clowns" posting on X but very few with 13,000 followers that include university AD's.
You’ve provided some of the most consistent, knowledgeable, and trust worthy info related to this topic. I don’t have an X account so I can’t, and obviously don’t, follow this fella as closely as others.

In general, people like this guy get their “inside” info from sources not directly involved in a particular situation thus my skepticism. I believe there are always intimate details that even the most connected aren’t privy to.

Being he has the connections you mentioned, I’m somewhat surprised that he continues to get the info he does unless it’s a strategic move by the parties involved to get some info public to create a certain perception or narrative. Strategically releasing certain info through an anonymous source can/would create advantages/disadvantages to certain parties. The info someone receives is only as reliable as the person who’s giving it.

You’ve provided some of the most consistent, knowledgeable, and trust worthy info related to this topic. I don’t have an X account so I can’t, and obviously don’t, follow this fella as closely as others.

In general, people like this guy get their “inside” info from sources not directly involved in a particular situation thus my skepticism. I believe there are always intimate details that even the most connected aren’t privy to.

Being he has the connections you mentioned, I’m somewhat surprised that he continues to get the info he does unless it’s a strategic move by the parties involved to get some info public to create a certain perception or narrative. Strategically releasing certain info through an anonymous source can/would create advantages/disadvantages to certain parties. The info someone receives is only as reliable as the person who’s giving it.
I had never messed with X until a year or so ago after constantly seeing his comments quoted. So I set up an account and check daily to see what his comments are. He provides information he is given that does not violate any confidentiality. He has stated that he cannot comment on certain matters due to confidentiality. He has been very consistent ... the B10 wants to establish a national conference with the next 'tier' being added the Southern Tier made up of select ACC programs ... and there is well advanced work on the part of the B10 and SEC in formalizing a P2 that would virtually dominate national over the air big game broadcasts. I know the UM athletic department has several individuals that follow him. I hope that Radacovich has been focused on Miami's exit plan and would love to see them "join the FSU legal action" so we are part of the initial negotiated settlement OUT.

Advertisement
I had never messed with X until a year or so ago after constantly seeing his comments quoted. So I set up an account and check daily to see what his comments are. He provides information he is given that does not violate any confidentiality. He has stated that he cannot comment on certain matters due to confidentiality. He has been very consistent ... the B10 wants to establish a national conference with the next 'tier' being added the Southern Tier made up of select ACC programs ... and there is well advanced work on the part of the B10 and SEC in formalizing a P2 that would virtually dominate national over the air big game broadcasts. I know the UM athletic department has several individuals that follow him. I hope that Radacovich has been focused on Miami's exit plan and would love to see them "join the FSU legal action" so we are part of the initial negotiated settlement OUT.
Do you mean very consistent saying everything and the opposite of everything? He has a receipt for every scenario, that’s for sure.

Interesting developments for sure.

Has anyone confirmed whether playing the role of “interested party” means we are proactively working behind the scenes to exit the ACC following a favorable ruling?

Given our history of being a “day late and a dollar short” I’m afraid we will find ourselves on the outside looking in. I’m worried by the time we react it will be too late. Hopefully, we will be ready to pounce if the judge rules in Fspoo’s favor.

Interesting developments for sure.

Has anyone confirmed whether playing the role of “interested party” means we are proactively working behind the scenes to exit the ACC following a favorable ruling?

Given our history of being a “day late and a dollar short” I’m afraid we will find ourselves on the outside looking in. I’m worried by the time we react it will be too late. Hopefully, we will be ready to pounce if the judge rules in Fspoo’s favor.
What's the downside of joining FSU if the ACC and NCAA are dead men walking. Why are we waiting?

Advertisement
What's the downside of joining FSU if the ACC and NCAA are dead men walking. Why are we waiting?
Having no inside info myself and just reading what others post, my sense is that 1) the exit costs are currently at their max and could only go down as this plays out and 2) while we have been in talks with B1G, we would need an unofficial committable offer to join before we leave the ACC and it's not clear if that has been extended yet

Having no inside info myself and just reading what others post, my sense is that 1) the exit costs are currently at their max and could only go down as this plays out and 2) while we have been in talks with B1G, we would need an unofficial committable offer to join before we leave the ACC and it's not clear if that has been extended yet
Just seems the risk of waiting is much worse than getting in now.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 1.50.20 PM.png

Advertisement
I know the history of FSU. So what? It's not 1960, it's 2024.

Silly defensive comment by you.

You were yapping your mouth about how Michigan can't possibly produce more alums living in Florida than F$U, and I pointed out where your commentary was wrong.

But you know so much. Maybe try showing your "knowledge" of the "history of F$U" from the outset, not as you are backpedaling.

Silly defensive comment by you.

You were yapping your mouth about how Michigan can't possibly produce more alums living in Florida than F$U, and I pointed out where your commentary was wrong.

But you know so much. Maybe try showing your "knowledge" of the "history of F$U" from the outset, not as you are backpedaling.
You are a funny, insecure dude. Your "proof" of Michigan having more fans in Florida than Florida State is Michigan has been a coed institution for 200 years.....50 years before CFB was even a sport? lol With that logic, watch out for all the Ivy League fans down here! lol

You want to prove me wrong, show Michigan alumni numbers residing in Florida vs. Florida State alumni numbers residing in Florida in 2024. I'll do the work for you. The number of FSU alumni in Florida was 217,316 as of 2020.

https://ir.fsu.edu/Factbooks/2019-20/Alumni_County.pdf

Now, according to this article in the Ann Arbor News, there were 16k Michigan alumni living in Florida in 2013.

https://www.annarbor.com/news/where-u-m-alumni-live/

I realize 10 years ago was a long time ago so I'll let you even triple that number so 48k vs. 217k? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
Just catching up here. I'm not even nearly as versed in all of this. To the guys that are watching this closely, do the SEC and BiG really believe our value is 5th best after ND, UNC, FSU and Clemson? I suppose I could see ND given their national brand. But the others? That makes no sense to me, given our location and media market, especially now that we're back to investing in the money sports.

So are we in a good spot or screwed assuming the ACC blows up, that there are only 2 power conferences left and the P2 are collaborating on expansion? And if we're left out, what are our options then? Does a third power conference even have a chance of emerging from all this chaos?

You are a funny, insecure dude. Your "proof" of Michigan having more fans in Florida than Florida State is Michigan has been a coed institution for 200 years.....50 years before CFB was even a sport? lol With that logic, watch out for all the Ivy League fans down here! lol

You want to prove me wrong, show Michigan alumni numbers residing in Florida vs. Florida State alumni numbers residing in Florida in 2024. I'll do the work for you. The number of FSU alumni in Florida was 217,316 as of 2020.

https://ir.fsu.edu/Factbooks/2019-20/Alumni_County.pdf

Now, according to this article in the Ann Arbor News, there were 16k Michigan alumni living in Florida in 2013.

https://www.annarbor.com/news/where-u-m-alumni-live/

I realize 10 years ago was a long time ago so I'll let you even triple that number so 48k vs. 217k? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
One question: Were they counting the FSU alumni while the circus was at its winter quarters?

Just catching up here. I'm not even nearly as versed in all of this. To the guys that are watching this closely, do the SEC and BiG really believe our value is 5th best after ND, UNC, FSU and Clemson? I suppose I could see ND given their national brand. But the others? That makes no sense to me, given our location and media market, especially now that we're back to investing in the money sports.

So are we in a good spot or screwed assuming the ACC blows up, that there are only 2 power conferences left and the P2 are collaborating on expansion? And if we're left out, what are our options then? Does a third power conference even have a chance of emerging from all this chaos?
There will be a P2 ... and then everybody else. Miami will make it into the P2 ... question is when. In the group a year after FSU leaves? Or 5-6 years down the road? Earlier is better, much better. The P2 is going to virtually dominate prime time national broadcasts with B10 vs B10 and SEC vs SEC and interconfertnce games of huge national interest. BC vs Wake ... will be regional broadcasts or purely streaming apps. IF the breakaway from the NCAA also happens relatively soon, with the P2 being managed by a non NCAA professional entity, that will further differentiate the "conferences" with the P2 being literally a farm system for the NFL. Recruiting elite players for non P2 programs will be significantly more difficult.

Advertisement
Back