MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Advertisement
One step forward. Six steps back.

paula abdul 90s GIF

Okay, I think we can all get behind this use of state money.

The initial idea of taking $1 million in state funds to sue the CFP for its decision to keep out FSU was the most asinine, knee-jerk, waste of time I had heard of in a while. The CFP lawyers simply bringing in the selection criteria requirements would have had the case thrown out.

I know we don't like the Acc, but we have to think this through I think FSU is emotional. Miami needs to lead I think. 1) FSU is big but a far as TV ratings stop its Miami win or loss ppl watch even Clemson FSU was lossing from 17-21'. 2) The TV money is drying up, idk if these big SEC and BIG10 deals will be paid by FoX CBS and Espn/Disney 3) I think streaming might be the future just the right streaming (ESPN+, Amazon Prime, Netflix) nobody paying for Peacock just for BIG10 games. Most ppl cutting down to 1 or 2 services max. 4) Either we push Acc to get a streaming deal with a popular streaming platform not Peacock or ... or start our own Conference not joining the BIG10 or SEC which already are crowded and seem to not like us or FSU. You don't want to be a step child in a SEC or Big10 with a 12 team playoff we can grab the best of ACC/AAC (Miami , Clemson, UNC, NCst, Memphis, SMU, Tulane, USF, FSU, VA tech,...) get our own media deal.
Knowing the Miami administration, where do we sign up?..

Advertisement
All quiet? Was hoping that with the news generated by the FSU legal action and the doubts regarding the validity of the entire GOR extension option having been granted unilaterally by Phillips without 2/3 member approval ... that Miami and and UNC might join the action. Also ... others not wanting to be left in a weakened ACC with eventual lower media deals might join forces for the "nuclear reboot" and dissolve the ACC.

Another question ... who authorized Philllips and the ACC to file an action against FSU? Doesn't THAT action require some sort of member approval? Is Phillips making a lot of unilateral decisions and is that grounds for his removal?

Advertisement
All quiet? Was hoping that with the news generated by the FSU legal action and the doubts regarding the validity of the entire GOR extension option having been granted unilaterally by Phillips without 2/3 member approval ... that Miami and and UNC might join the action. Also ... others not wanting to be left in a weakened ACC with eventual lower media deals might join forces for the "nuclear reboot" and dissolve the ACC.

Another question ... who authorized Philllips and the ACC to file an action against FSU? Doesn't THAT action require some sort of member approval? Is Phillips making a lot of unilateral decisions and is that grounds for his removal?
Its legal action, when the **** has that ever moved quickly?

Legal matters take time. And to all of those saying Miami should be leading the charge, please sit down and turn ON your brain. FSPoo is a state school, therefore the state is funding the charge to get out thanks to Desantis. UM is a private school and Desantis cant use state funds to fund the lawsuit of a private institution. Let FSPoo open the door, then kick them in the rear and step through ourselves.

Advertisement
Legal matters take time. And to all of those saying Miami should be leading the charge, please sit down and turn ON your brain. FSPoo is a state school, therefore the state is funding the charge to get out thanks to Desantis. UM is a private school and Desantis cant use state funds to fund the lawsuit of a private institution. Let FSPoo open the door, then kick them in the rear and step through ourselves.
Easier to JOIN the FSU action than wait ... and then have to initiate our own action in order to get out.

Easier to JOIN the FSU action than wait ... and then have to initiate our own action in order to get out.
Or easiest for precedent to be set back by a state government entity and see the path or obstacles.

I’m guessing Clemson follows “suit” first for same reason.

Not saying I agree but that is a justifiable strategy though it doesn’t mean Miami won’t have to take active steps at some point.

I personally have a feeling - an opinion- that in the background fsu and Clemson and Miami have collaborated on strategy more than we might think but that’s pure speculation for now and won’t be able to confirm that until this all plays out. I think there is a reason Dan commented how and when he did. I think there is a reason Clemson didn’t….. yet.

Or easiest for precedent to be set back by a state government entity and see the path or obstacles.

I’m guessing Clemson follows “suit” first for same reason.

Not saying I agree but that is a justifiable strategy though it doesn’t mean Miami won’t have to take active steps at some point.

I personally have a feeling - an opinion- that in the background fsu and Clemson and Miami have collaborated on strategy more than we might think but that’s pure speculation for now and won’t be able to confirm that until this all plays out. I think there is a reason Dan commented how and when he did. I think there is a reason Clemson didn’t….. yet.
Well the narrative was out there for quite some time that "Miami and Clemson are joined at the hip in developing an exit strategy from the ACC", so I wouldn't be surprised if some coordination has continued, especially given the Radakovich / Clemson connection.

Advertisement
Back